Newest Cameron HG/LG Jose

Steve, what happened to just buying the stuff that was floating around out there, the used stuff? Have you decided now to help him out? I don't think anybody would blame you though bro, people got to eat. But what's going on? I thought we were gonna make sure he made all that shit right. No?

glip22":vpztx3yk said:
steve_k":vpztx3yk said:
LP Freak":vpztx3yk said:
I think you have de-throwned psychodave and are now the #1 Fanboi. Congrats. :rock: :hys:

oh shit.....within the next couple weeks, it is going to look even worse :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it is what it is though. mark's creative inconsistency never ceases to amaze me.
Creative inconsistency. :confused: Sounds like a poisonous spider web.

nah.....individuality. that - or, "dammit - no more of these, so i will use that" :thumbsup:

steve_k":20dsvbtc said:
glip22":20dsvbtc said:
steve_k":20dsvbtc said:
LP Freak":20dsvbtc said:
I think you have de-throwned psychodave and are now the #1 Fanboi. Congrats. :rock: :hys:

oh shit.....within the next couple weeks, it is going to look even worse :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it is what it is though. mark's creative inconsistency never ceases to amaze me.
Creative inconsistency. :confused: Sounds like a poisonous spider web.

nah.....individuality. that - or, "dammit - no more of these, so i will use that" :thumbsup:
Allot of use that.

lester":2i82xwoq said:
Steve, what happened to just buying the stuff that was floating around out there, the used stuff? Have you decided now to help him out? I don't think anybody would blame you though bro, people got to eat. But what's going on? I thought we were gonna make sure he made all that shit right. No?

Who's "we"? I am not part of any "we". There's normally not too much used stock floating around, either.

steve_k":13edhfvg said:
lester":13edhfvg said:

Who's "we"? I am not part of any "we". There's normally not too much used stock floating around, either.
At least not many good ones. :D Theres the simple mods for cash and then there is the mod where he sits there and jams on the amp for days making tweaks because he likes that amp out of the ones he has there. Those are it.

I am still shocked that people treat Scameron as some sort of genius. There is NOTHING secret about modding amps yet people still send cash this guy's way and support him when he has ripped off numerous people and should be in jail. Modding amps is not rocket science, but some people have more money than brains and keep thinking that having a Scameron will make them sound good. It's nothing more than a "status symbol" for the few fanboys. I would much rather support legitimate modders like VooDoo, Friedman, etc. REALITY CHECK - clips on RT indicate that if you suck at playing guitar, you still suck with a Scameron modded amp.

usajackson":10hc4k68 said:
I am still shocked that people treat Scameron as some sort of genius. There is NOTHING secret about modding amps yet people still send cash this guy's way and support him when he has ripped off numerous people and should be in jail. Modding amps is not rocket science, but some people have more money than brains and keep thinking that having a Scameron will make them sound good. It's nothing more than a "status symbol" for the few fanboys. I would much rather support legitimate modders like VooDoo, Friedman, etc. REALITY CHECK - clips on RT indicate that if you suck at playing guitar, you still suck with a Scameron modded amp.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

steve_k":3oxpq4nv said:
usajackson":3oxpq4nv said:

I dunno...This response actually made me lol...It's beauty lies in it's simplicity..

nice amps and that luxxtone is not too shabby either.
steve, how do you compare the cameron jose to the fortin cali?
and clips :D

If you ever see Doug Aldrich, and a slew of other players that have and still play Cameron's amps make sure you tell them waht shits they are. Mark suceeded Jose Arrendondo. There were only a few modders back then and none even close to Jose. Allot of builders/ modders purchased Cameron modded amps to disect them. They incorporated several of Marks mods and ideas in their own amps. I remember reading stories about guys waiting forever for their modded amps. Why on earth would you send money knowing this? This was before the CCV debacle. Truth is there were only four modded amps Mark didn't do. One of those guys got their amp recently. Another guy had his amp smashed against a wall. Two never got done. Mark was ill with depression. Is depression really much different than being crippled.Can you work if you are sick or crippled? I am not positive if guys never recieved CCV's during the Chris era. I am pretty sure most if not all got their money back. So we have three mods that were never done. Mark did not want to get into producing the CCV's again. I don't know the whole story. This is what I understand. Someone Mark considered his friend, another amp guy, wanted to get the CCV's going with Mark. Mark oppossed it but finally gave in. This could have been a great business opportunity for said person. It fell apart. Why. Several reasons. Said person did shitty work and did not uphold his end of the bargain on his part of the amps that he was to complete. The load became very heavy on Cameron fixing and redoing these CCV's. Depression set in again as a result and he fell behind on bills and was going to be evicted. His electricity being turned off is what did it finally. He admits to his part in it and really does feel awfull. The ONLY reason he signed the deal with the new production guys was to get these guys their amps and I am sure that will evenually happen with Brad. My question is who did these guys send there money to? Was it Mark or was it someone else that somehow seems to have gotten themself away intact. I'm sure I am off on some of it, but I know allot more than the guys that say Mark is a drug addict, etc. I'm not a fanboi of anybody. I like Mark and his amps. You can slam him all you want but hes the best. If any of you talked with him you would probably feel different. Hes allot different than you would think. Nothing slimy or phony about him. If anyone has anything to add go for it. Like I said, I am sure I don't have it exactly
right but I am close.

steve_k":3fpbn1bt said:
usajackson":3fpbn1bt said:

There are very few people that actually know the truth of the entire Cameron story. I am not one, I suspect usajackson is not either.

There is an emotional something that some guitar players feel about his equipment. This something makes ha HUGE difference in the enjoyment derived from playing guitar. My amps have to have a certain look or forget it :confused: :confused: its just who I am. I don't know Steve but I'll bet he feels that way about amps modded by Mark; there is that "something" that makes them kick ass. That's ok by me, I get it.

Usajackson needs to grow up and live in today, not the past.

I've talked with Mark a couple times and there is no doubt he's a nice guy to chat with but in my opinion he shouldn't be making any money off of forum members for mods or amps until he pays back the $30-$40K he took for CCV preorders. That is a shit ton of money to walk away with free and clear. We can only assume he probably feels more at peace with the situation because of the CCV production/payback arrangement even if it takes years.

Oh and happy new amp day Steve! ;) :D

glip22 said:
There were only a few modders back then and none even close to Jose. Allot of builders/ modders purchased Cameron modded amps to disect them. They incorporated several of Marks mods and ideas in their own amps.

Exactly what I am saying - getting a special tone out of a stock Marshall requires about $20 in parts and a soldering iron. Any reputable modder or person with BASIC electronics knowledge can do it. Why send an amp to someone with a bad reputation when you can call someone like Trace Davis from VooDoo amps and talk directly to him, or better yet, go to his shop and have him tweek your amp exactly how you want it while you wait? NO RISK INVOLVED!!!

usajackson":1wxe9lo6 said:
glip22":1wxe9lo6 said:
There were only a few modders back then and none even close to Jose. Allot of builders/ modders purchased Cameron modded amps to disect them. They incorporated several of Marks mods and ideas in their own amps.

Exactly what I am saying - getting a special tone out of a stock Marshall requires about $20 in parts and a soldering iron. Any reputable modder or person with BASIC electronics knowledge can do it. Why send an amp to someone with a bad reputation when you can call someone like Trace Davis from VooDoo amps and talk directly to him, or better yet, go to his shop and have him tweek your amp exactly how you want it while you wait? NO RISK INVOLVED!!!

.....because as many guys as are able to mod a Marshall, or build a really cool amp, none of them feel or sound just like Mark's. If you like the tone and feel of Mark's amps, you need to buy one of Mark's amps. Pretty simple, really. :confused:

usajackson":e83irxb2 said:
glip22":e83irxb2 said:

Yeah, Its really not all that simple. Theres much more to it than just adding some components text book style for mods. How certain values of tone pots work together. How thing are wired. What brands of caps top use where. Another thing allot of modders have trouble with is getting the low end right. I have talked with some guys that are very good at doing mods and can't get the low end right. Another thing about the Camerons is the presence. Tough to explain. His amps have this seperation to them and punch. There is a certain feel to them thats very Mark specific. Theres also a signature grind in his mids I haven't found elsewhere. He has a load of experience doing it. Adding cascading gain stages, cathode follower configs, and on and on. Really is allot to it to achieve a certain outcome.

jcj":3cqdds0p said:
usajackson":3cqdds0p said:
glip22":3cqdds0p said:

.....because as many guys as are able to mod a Marshall, or build a really cool amp, none of them feel or sound just like Mark's. If you like the tone and feel of Mark's amps, you need to buy one of Mark's amps. Pretty simple, really. :confused:

Just to add onto jcj's post. I will say that after building and modding some amps that I don't think I could make an amp sound like Mark can and I don't believe Trace could either. I always will tweak an amp to how I think it should sound in my head and what sounds good to my playing ability and style. That plays a big roll in what kind of sound you end up with. Another reason in my opinion is that when you have a great ear for tone and also a very skilled guitarist tweaking your amp the end product is going to be much better in my opinion as the person knows what the amp wants/needs and how it should feel, etc..

Mark and Trace mods are competely different from eachother.

Back