Newest Cameron HG/LG Jose

wIsEbLooD":22g9e8t9 said:
nice amps and that luxxtone is not too shabby either.
steve, how do you compare the cameron jose to the fortin cali?
and clips :D

Mark's Jose and Mike's Cali are very similar in tone. They are set up essentially the same but with a few differences. Mike uses regulated DC heater supply, where Mark uses AC. My Cali has individual bright selects for each gain and a tube buffered loop, where Mark's Jose's that I have are set up with two gain controls, but no additional switches. One Jose is a HG only, the other 2 channels. My Cali has two channels, but not all do. It is more of a selection in components where the differences lie, and that has some impact on tone. Both are great and I would take either. The Cali I have has a LD PT in it and is loaded with vintage caps and this has some impact. The Cameron is a little easier to set up and ends up about the same place though.

Oh, the Luxxtone's are bad ass. Jerry is someone's best kept secret!

Steve

usajackson":2k3agvi1 said:
glip22":2k3agvi1 said:
There were only a few modders back then and none even close to Jose. Allot of builders/ modders purchased Cameron modded amps to disect them. They incorporated several of Marks mods and ideas in their own amps.

Exactly what I am saying - getting a special tone out of a stock Marshall requires about $20 in parts and a soldering iron. Any reputable modder or person with BASIC electronics knowledge can do it. Why send an amp to someone with a bad reputation when you can call someone like Trace Davis from VooDoo amps and talk directly to him, or better yet, go to his shop and have him tweek your amp exactly how you want it while you wait? NO RISK INVOLVED!!!

It's a public forum, and you obviously feel the need to jump on the "let's continue to bash Mark bandwagon". Fair enough and I don't know if you lost a dog in the hunt or not. I gave the man the benefit of the doubt and showed that he could follow through and deliver an amp back to me.

However, don't you fret for one minute about what I choose to do, or who to do business with. That is my business. And, you god damn sure don't make any personal attacks against me, direct a "Scameron" post toward me or anything else. You don't know me and I suggest you leave it there. Moderator or not, I will have you tossed.

Steve

usajackson":31a3gq8d said:
I am still shocked that people treat Scameron as some sort of genius. There is NOTHING secret about modding amps yet people still send cash this guy's way and support him when he has ripped off numerous people and should be in jail. Modding amps is not rocket science, but some people have more money than brains and keep thinking that having a Scameron will make them sound good. It's nothing more than a "status symbol" for the few fanboys. I would much rather support legitimate modders like VooDoo, Friedman, etc. REALITY CHECK - clips on RT indicate that if you suck at playing guitar, you still suck with a Scameron modded amp.

Somehow I missed this post.....

It's piss poor form to run your mouth about another person's playing.

If you're going to participate here, participate....don't be a tool.

Your posts speak volumes about your experience....I don't need to hear you play.

guitarmike":yy0j7icf said:
I don't know Steve but I'll bet he feels that way about amps modded by Mark; there is that "something" that makes them kick ass. That's ok by me, I get it.

Mike,

That pretty much nails it with Mark's Marshall mods. They kick ass and gratification comes quick with them. And, they are all different. As I mentioned, the inconsistency even in a Jose mod for instance, whether it is the platform, components, Mark's ear that particular day, how many Red Bull's or Double Cheeseburgers he consumed - they all have a certain uniqueness about them.

Steve

glip22":f1kvfjz5 said:
If you ever see Doug Aldrich, and a slew of other players that have and still play Cameron's amps make sure you tell them waht shits they are. Mark suceeded Jose Arrendondo. There were only a few modders back then and none even close to Jose. Allot of builders/ modders purchased Cameron modded amps to disect them. They incorporated several of Marks mods and ideas in their own amps. I remember reading stories about guys waiting forever for their modded amps. Why on earth would you send money knowing this? This was before the CCV debacle. Truth is there were only four modded amps Mark didn't do. One of those guys got their amp recently. Another guy had his amp smashed against a wall. Two never got done. Mark was ill with depression. Is depression really much different than being crippled.Can you work if you are sick or crippled? I am not positive if guys never recieved CCV's during the Chris era. I am pretty sure most if not all got their money back. So we have three mods that were never done. Mark did not want to get into producing the CCV's again. I don't know the whole story. This is what I understand. Someone Mark considered his friend, another amp guy, wanted to get the CCV's going with Mark. Mark oppossed it but finally gave in. This could have been a great business opportunity for said person. It fell apart. Why. Several reasons. Said person did shitty work and did not uphold his end of the bargain on his part of the amps that he was to complete. The load became very heavy on Cameron fixing and redoing these CCV's. Depression set in again as a result and he fell behind on bills and was going to be evicted. His electricity being turned off is what did it finally. He admits to his part in it and really does feel awfull. The ONLY reason he signed the deal with the new production guys was to get these guys their amps and I am sure that will evenually happen with Brad. My question is who did these guys send there money to? Was it Mark or was it someone else that somehow seems to have gotten themself away intact. I'm sure I am off on some of it, but I know allot more than the guys that say Mark is a drug addict, etc. I'm not a fanboi of anybody. I like Mark and his amps. You can slam him all you want but hes the best. If any of you talked with him you would probably feel different. Hes allot different than you would think. Nothing slimy or phony about him. If anyone has anything to add go for it. Like I said, I am sure I don't have it exactly
right but I am close.

Yeah, one of Mark's biggest burdens has been those he chose to do business with. It's like having a pissed-off ex-wife, nothing good is going to come out of that :D

Mr. Steve K.,
Don't threaten to toss me from a public forum because I'm not a fanboy like you or your dozen or so followers. I actually have become sick and tired of the bullshit that goes on. If your not in the "Cameron KoolAid Club" you are an outsider and perish the thought if you think a clip sounds like shit. I will not drink the KoolAid and quiver from the thought of you tossing me out of RT......
Actually I have no need to be in this forum at all anymore so do like you do to all of the rest of the people with unique opinions and ban me and eliminate my posts. BFD!
I'll continue to support Brad in his business only because his tie is cut to your god.

41 posts in and you spout off on your 'Scameron' campaign... Nice work :thumbsdown:

All for opinions and being able to express them and discuss and whatnot...and despite my own personal opinions regarding Mark C(whether good or bad), they way you went about this has 'tool' written all over your face. The mods and most every member in here are good people and do things with a bit of class and decency. You come at it like the 'fat kid in the school lunchline' that is trying to make up for those horrible years...so now you just vent off with your misguided and misplaced anger. Did I say 'tool' yet? I hope Steve(who is a damn good dude) or another Mod grants your request and gives you the boot. Good Riddance.

Cory

Suhrimmetal,
Should I have increased my posts over the years by adding "nice clip" or "Happy NGD or NAD" to every post? Everyone has an opinion and just chose to voice mine now. Actually I have no anger, just having fun exciting people's emotions like yours.
Have a nice day.

Brad,
I have your business card and I can contact you outside of this forum for future purchases. Thanks for everything you have done for me. You can "ban me" if you want and remove my threads. Thanks.

usajackson":1o31d3jv said:
Mr. Steve K.,
Don't threaten to toss me from a public forum because I'm not a fanboy like you or your dozen or so followers. I actually have become sick and tired of the bullshit that goes on. If your not in the "Cameron KoolAid Club" you are an outsider and perish the thought if you think a clip sounds like shit. I will not drink the KoolAid and quiver from the thought of you tossing me out of RT......
Actually I have no need to be in this forum at all anymore so do like you do to all of the rest of the people with unique opinions and ban me and eliminate my posts. BFD!
I'll continue to support Brad in his business only because his tie is cut to your god.

You got the Mr. right at least....

I don't consider you an outsider and really don't give two shits what you think about Mark. If you are tired of what goes on, then refrain from commenting about it on my amp thread. Start you a new thread about all of your bad experiences with Mark. How many were there?

As I said though, you can stop with the name calling, inferences, etc. about me or anyone else that happens to like Mark's amps. I really don't think that I deserve to take a jab from you or anyone else on here - and won't. I am quite sure Brad will tell you the same.

Steve

Mailman1971":28cx41a0 said:

Cook some more popcorn Danno :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's time for Jose's brother, Juan to make a circle around the block :rock:

juangraciaampmaster.jpg

glip22":26ysqfkm said:
If you ever see Doug Aldrich, and a slew of other players that have and still play Cameron's amps make sure you tell them waht shits they are. Mark suceeded Jose Arrendondo. There were only a few modders back then and none even close to Jose. Allot of builders/ modders purchased Cameron modded amps to disect them. They incorporated several of Marks mods and ideas in their own amps. I remember reading stories about guys waiting forever for their modded amps. Why on earth would you send money knowing this? This was before the CCV debacle. Truth is there were only four modded amps Mark didn't do. One of those guys got their amp recently. Another guy had his amp smashed against a wall. Two never got done. Mark was ill with depression. Is depression really much different than being crippled.Can you work if you are sick or crippled? I am not positive if guys never recieved CCV's during the Chris era. I am pretty sure most if not all got their money back. So we have three mods that were never done. Mark did not want to get into producing the CCV's again. I don't know the whole story. This is what I understand. Someone Mark considered his friend, another amp guy, wanted to get the CCV's going with Mark. Mark oppossed it but finally gave in. This could have been a great business opportunity for said person. It fell apart. Why. Several reasons. Said person did shitty work and did not uphold his end of the bargain on his part of the amps that he was to complete. The load became very heavy on Cameron fixing and redoing these CCV's. Depression set in again as a result and he fell behind on bills and was going to be evicted. His electricity being turned off is what did it finally. He admits to his part in it and really does feel awfull. The ONLY reason he signed the deal with the new production guys was to get these guys their amps and I am sure that will evenually happen with Brad. My question is who did these guys send there money to? Was it Mark or was it someone else that somehow seems to have gotten themself away intact. I'm sure I am off on some of it, but I know allot more than the guys that say Mark is a drug addict, etc. I'm not a fanboi of anybody. I like Mark and his amps. You can slam him all you want but hes the best. If any of you talked with him you would probably feel different. Hes allot different than you would think. Nothing slimy or phony about him. If anyone has anything to add go for it. Like I said, I am sure I don't have it exactly
right but I am close.

sorry, but everything you have stated is what mark has told you and your taking his word as fact. unfortunately, your way off :thumbsdown:

Tone Merchant":1avl99ut said:
glip22":1avl99ut said:
right but I am close.

sorry, but everything you have stated is what mark has told you and your taking his word as fact. unfortunately, your way off :thumbsdown:
Rob, You should gather all the facts and interview some people. Publish a book. Based on all of the hits the Cameron threads have gotten there is some real money to be made. :yes: :thumbsup:

Around here, it's amazing how quickly a thread celebrating someone's new amp can be derailed and turn to

shit.png

Hey I don't blame Steve King for getting an amp done as he does not know the deal I have with Mark but for the record, Mark DOES NOT have the rights to produce any amp mods other than authorized and paid for through me.

Existing amp mods were specifically addressed in the agreement to protect guys from losing their money/amp once I took over. I am not going to bust anyones balls around here but if you send him an amp or money know it has NOTHING to do with me, Rob, Dave Friedman or Cameron Amplifiers, it is not authorized and Mark is doing it in breech of his agreement (surprise surprise).

You will most likely lose your amp and your money and I don't want to hear about it and will not allow you to post up here on the forum that you got f#*cked by Cameron Amplifiers/Mark Cameron. Lots of guys don't know the difference and I am telling you you will 99% of the time get screwed over.

If he offers you a new amp I guarantee you will get screwed and not get anything. GUARANTEED.
End of conversation.

Tone Merchant":1yf54240 said:
glip22":1yf54240 said:
right but I am close.

yep.....that was the story that particular week my friend and you ate it up. :)

Back