What pedal would you like to see resurrected ?? brought out of retirement .... reintroduced to the livng world ??

I remeber analogman pedals for not so sane prices on reverb, so maybe them?

My knowledge on pedals is non existent though.

Talk box to get my frampton on. Theremin so I can bust out my velvet pants suit with dragons on it and make dumb noises humping my out of tune Greco. I do need a vibe and a fuzz so maybe a combination unit?

I’d love to see a reissue/clone of the tc electronic booster line driver + distortion (BLD). The tc integrated preamp has plenty of clones out there but everyone has ignored the BLD. It does a lot of cool stuff, the noise gate is pretty good, and the boost section is different from the tc pre. There is a service manual available with schematic and pcb layout (though kinda hard to read the pcb layout as it’s a photocopy of a photocopy).

There was some low-effort reissue called the classic booster made at some point in the mid 2000’s but they did something wrong in making it, I also own one and it doesn’t sound the same as my BLD, and the noise gate doesn’t work. also cannot take higher voltage supplies like the BLD.

I’d love to see a reissue/clone of the tc electronic booster line driver + distortion (BLD). The tc integrated preamp has plenty of clones out there but everyone has ignored the BLD. It does a lot of cool stuff, the noise gate is pretty good, and the boost section is different from the tc pre. There is a service manual available with schematic and pcb layout (though kinda hard to read the pcb layout as it’s a photocopy of a photocopy).

There was some low-effort reissue called the classic booster made at some point in the mid 2000’s but they did something wrong in making it, I also own one and it doesn’t sound the same as my BLD, and the noise gate doesn’t work. also cannot take higher voltage supplies like the BLD.
Is that the official name of it ? If there is a schematic out there I can lay out the boards myself ....
I'll do some research on this one ....

I will have my version of the TC Pre ready in a few weeks ....

the other two are great choices too ..... I've always wanted a Dimension C

Dimension C is one of those pedals that NO ONE seems to be able to make a convincing version of - EVERY clone I've played has been pretty garbage

Memory man is weird because there's a ton of them, but they mostly suck and don't sound like the original - the diamond memory lane is the only one that gets really close IMO

And the regular manual.

I also have a BLD that I can take high res pics or measurements of, if you like. However last time I turned it on it was all crackly and noisy so I’ll have to track that down.

Attachments

• TC electronic Booster linedriver and distortion BLD manual.pdf
    130.3 KB · Views: 52
Back