What pedal would you like to see resurrected ?? brought out of retirement .... reintroduced to the livng world ??

Guyatone BR2 Bottom Wah Rocker​

br2.jpg

Tool fanboys would go crazy for this. (bass players)

I used to use Charlie Stringer's Snarling Dogs strings religiously when I could get them. Like ol' school Dean Markley's I got the sticker, but the SD pedals were beyond my $ reach at the time they were available. Sweet pedal. Those always looked like they were tanks to me but I never got to see or try one in person.

Yeah man the Snarling Dogs wahs are seriously cool. They do look nuts but I love the way mine sounds at least. And it looks like a few are up on Reverb right now, too. *wink wink cough cough*

The Dimension C has been my go to pedal since the early 90’s. Bought a new WAZA one, but it doesn’t sound like my old ones.

I think it must be the 12 volt setup that contributes to the sound. Same with my old Boss OC-2.

I think you're on to something there with the 12v thing.

The waza is okay, but for some reason the originals have this magic that no one seems to be able to replicate - which would make it a prime candidate for someone like Wayne

How bout a good challenge: DOD 690 Chorus in a 1590BB enclosure, with the 2 speeds that you can toggle between and it gradually ramps up/down between them.
The required SAD chip will be the difficult part.

How about a flanger that’s in a Wah Wah type enclosure that the Wah pedal sweeps the LFO ? So you can actually play Unchained ?

wow ... this thread has regained some life

keep in mind guys ..... I don't do anything digital ..... so Whammy's are out .... lol

I think you're on to something there with the 12v thing.

The waza is okay, but for some reason the originals have this magic that no one seems to be able to replicate - which would make it a prime candidate for someone like Wayne
The original to me has this thickness the WAZA does not. WAZA to me sounds more like a traditional chorus for lack of a better description. If there was one that sounded like the original but quieter, woukd be cool.

The original to me has this thickness the WAZA does not. WAZA to me sounds more like a traditional chorus for lack of a better description. If there was one that sounded like the original but quieter, woukd be cool.
Could be. Such a great pedal. I can see why they were not popular. When I first saw one new it was $300-400.

Ibanez Tube King (U.S. or Japanese version) but with the ability to switch to being bass guitar friendly. ie. Toggles to change the bass and Mid center frequencies.

***edited for more juicy detail**

Last edited:
There used to be a guy on here called Solo Solutions. He made a rhythm cut pedal that is awesome. I have 2 they are fantastic level boost in the loop for solo’s. Reverse wired LED so no Light and pedal is technically on reducing your output. Hit the switch and the LED comes removing the resistor and your level is boosted. Works great and I always wonder why there aren’t more of that type out there.

That or a HM-2.

Back