Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

IMG_3424.jpeg

Before. And after… I didn’t think to take RT worthy pictures. Dry-rubbed, baked then grilled St. Louis ribs, grilled smoked sausage and then crawfish, corn and red potatoes. It was a small get together this time. Only used one of the 80 qt stock pots 😀

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
    497.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3436.jpeg
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 20
9 pound pork butt just went in the smoker. Smeared with yellow mustard (Plochmans, there is no other), dry rubbed, wrapped and refrigerated for 24+ hours. Brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, etc. Nothing special. Will smoke with hickory chips for however long it takes 😀

Attachments

• IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
Food with my sons at cabin last weekend.

First night was shrimp, black bean, rice, salsa, cumin
Second night was pork loin(s), secret cheese stuffing, wrapped in bacon and dry rub. Squaw corn in a can w bacon and onion. And then twice backed potatoes on a bed of mashed potatoes, cheese and bacon. Lastly is the breakfast the following morning. Last pic is for @VonBonfire and @rsm. This one shows my creek pump/tree barrel/gravity fed plumbing system to outdoor shower and sink.

5g44dvr.jpg

BH1Jx3d.jpg

cXW44ET.jpg

8CC6eWY.jpg

AREW41r.jpg

iAsXhOf.jpg

89WQDkR.jpg

CIADI55.jpg

I9KKWFE.jpg

FhScGCd.jpg

@311splawndude depending on the sailboat, I may get an installed or portable watermaker system that runs off the DC 12V current available on the boat, unless I have sufficient AC power; the added capability is desalinization - these systems convert seawater to freshwater, and also need a freshwater flushing system. Along with spare filters and membranes

I can't load these pages anymore - too many big pics. :LOL:

I've never owned a 'phone but I'm guessing that they default to taking really-big pics. Whereas IMHO 2->300k would be adequate for posting, I'm guessing the 'phone ones are up to 100 times that size.

If I can squeeze a like in here and there I will. :cheers:

IIRC yours aren't a problem for me Brother 3 and fall into that 300k range I try to stick to when I upload to the bikini thread.

EDIT:
No, dimensions don't matter in this case.

@311splawndude thanks for sharing brother. I'm a little jealous cause all I got happening this summer is gigs and sweating mostly. Not looking like I'm going anywhere until fall at the earliest. Every time spring hits I'm just consumed with how I can disappear into the big woods and live easy all summer at a campsite then dumbasses start talking about school being in again and it gets me down. I hate fall because the weather turns cold and I associate it with school which was a miserable place for me. Spring=school ending. Summer=no school. Fall=school. Winter=death.

@311splawndude thanks for sharing brother. I'm a little jealous cause all I got happening this summer is gigs and sweating mostly. Not looking like I'm going anywhere until fall at the earliest. Every time spring hits I'm just consumed with how I can disappear into the big woods and live easy all summer at a campsite then dumbasses start talking about school being in again and it gets me down. I hate fall because the weather turns cold and I associate it with school which was a miserable place for me. Spring=school ending. Summer=no school. Fall=school. Winter=death.
Take a tip from the VonBonFire book of truth and happiness and consider Fall a respite from the sweaty Summer heat and the lead up to Spring. School was a long time ago. Out with the old in with the new I say. Make that glass half full not half empty :D

At least you are not in South Dakota, which is where I started the first 10 years of life. Probably why I like the middle of the country now instead. Not too hot, not too cold. I like those cool drier winds of Fall and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

Last edited:
Back