🧸 LENZ AMPLIFICATION ??

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuggNorris
  • Start date Start date
1725966439484.png

Not sure if it’s that interviewer or another one..but guy was playing some fucking trash through his dumble…and big Howard is sitting there like wtf… not a good advertisement for his products…

I went to look for a video to post and realized I was thinking about a different amp. The Scalpel is by Lickliter.

Pretty cool but... yeah that ain't doing anything for me. I prefer my SLX to anything that thing just did in that video.

You need to learn to build....
I mean that's alot of components.

Did you rob an old radio shack?

Got it all when we cleaned out my Grandfather's shop after he passed away.
That's funny though because I do also have a bunch of stuff from Radioshack from when they were going out of business.
I might have built a crude device or two in my time here on Gaia :ROFLMAO:

He is a member here, so maybe he will comment. Personally, I think it's a matter of demand and you can't make such small-batch products for free if you want to keep your business.
@EddyLenz
Starting a business in Germany and keeping it going isn't cheap and is probably one of the worst places to do so...
Right now, I'm the only one building our amps and we source our parts from Europe in small batches, so we can't compete with companies that can import parts in the thousands from Asia, Mexico...

When it comes to circuits, it's all subjective, and pretty much everything has been done by someone before you. Looking at the Octane, it started when I got my first Dual Rectifier, which is already a copy of an SLO100 with a different power amp. I didn't much like the Rectifier, especially without a boost pedal, so I modded it into something that I enjoyed. I then got one of my handwired prototypes to further work on that circuit more easily.

I think he has a bit different of a sound. The octane maybe is going more to the "modern" sound, but what he is really after is copping some slash tone it seems. So his hot chili is one that is very rock based, but just sounds killer to me
Yeah, the Hot Chili is our more vintage-voiced rock amp and the Octane has a modern voicing for metal players. I've been off the Slash tone hype train for a few years now haha. I enjoyed doing the mods and playing them but haven't been interested in that tone for my own playing/music in years because it's just too distinctly "Slash" for me.

It sounds very similar to the "new" circuits going around. I do like it, and feel like I could dial it to be more "me" with a heavy set of testicles.

But at 4500... I'm still surprised this is normal.
For US customers our amps are currently at 3800€ shipped, which can vary slightly due to the conversion rate but is usually slightly below 4200USD

I have to say, I'm really not understanding the issue with price.......

Lets look at other boutique builders.
Bogner----XTC-20th ann, 4300.
Friedman----BE Deluxe, 4000. SS-4300. JJ-4000.
SLO----4000.

So, I fail to see the issue with Eddy's pricing...since he's clearly in line with the builders I just mentioned.
????

I have to say, I'm really not understanding the issue with price.......

Lets look at other boutique builders.
Bogner----XTC-20th ann, 4300.
Friedman----BE Deluxe, 4000. SS-4300. JJ-4000.
SLO----4000.

So, I fail to see the issue with Eddy's pricing...since he's clearly in line with the builders I just mentioned.
????
I can understand why people would complain when comparing the features, including multi-channel vs my single-channel... but all those amps are PCB-built, sometimes also with PCB-mounted tubes. They are also built in the USA. In Europe, an SLO100 costs 4400€, 20th XTC and BE Deluxe are 4750€... I'm also not saying that PCBs are bad in any way and I don't want to start a PCB tone debate, since I think there are awesome PCB amps out there and it's obviously not a problem. For a more complex multi-channel amp, I'd also use a PCB design, but that doesn't change how long it takes to build an amp with a hardwired turret board and ptp FX loop.

Back