A certain someone supposedly has a new shop in Cali and looks to be building amps again.....

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
Its all about the feel ---

Attachments

• boob lp.jpg
    boob lp.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 19
I would also love to hear Nick's version of the Cameron HG Jose circuit, as other's have raved about the perfection of his mods.
I’ve only tried 2 Mutant mods of his (supposed to I think be like an Aldrich with maybe some Uber in there) and I liked it even a little bit more than the Cameron mods I had and tried, but I admittedly didn’t AB to really say 110% for sure

tonally i agree, but its the feel with mine that sets it apart from other amps, its the only amp ive played that has that addictive iic+ kind of bounce to it that is just so nice when really laying a thrash down. i read about the feel of both those amps for years for years and years and always kind of scoffed at it, but having both now i understand, its like having two equally hot chicks but one of them fucks you in a way that makes you fall in love instead of sending them back to the stable, whether that is marks tweaking of each amp or it is just a thing in my mind im not really sure, but it is a thing for me at least.
I think a lot of the feel is the by product of these little details in sound that guys here say “don’t matter”. With the iic+ for example, I think the way the notes connect better, more liquidy, and more complexity or stuff going on around the notes shapes the feel and makes it more satisfying to play even if you don’t directly hear the sound difference itself vs say a mark iii or iv. To me this is the difference between a nice vs exceptional amp even with naysayers calling it a 1% difference or less

The Ceritone King Kong sounds really close and sounds awesome. There is a slight high end missing and low end chug but probably could vet there with some build tweaks.

I'm sure Ceriatone could get even closer if someone really analyzed every nuance of the setup, etc.

tonally i agree, but its the feel with mine that sets it apart from other amps, its the only amp ive played that has that addictive iic+ kind of bounce to it that is just so nice when really laying a thrash down. i read about the feel of both those amps for years for years and years and always kind of scoffed at it, but having both now i understand, its like having two equally hot chicks but one of them fucks you in a way that makes you fall in love instead of sending them back to the stable, whether that is marks tweaking of each amp or it is just a thing in my mind im not really sure, but it is a thing for me at least.
See, and I hear this about the IIc+. I’ve played several now, and own one. It’s cool to me for sure for THAT sound, or messing around by myself. But the amount of hype that surrounds it because of the feel… does not hit at all to me. I had an early black stripe that was like 98 percent there, and if I was blind folded I would not be able to tell the difference if I dialed them closely.

See, and I hear this about the IIc+. I’ve played several now, and own one. It’s cool to me for sure for THAT sound, or messing around by myself. But the amount of hype that surrounds it because of the feel… does not hit at all to me. I had an early black stripe that was like 98 percent there, and if I was blind folded I would not be able to tell the difference if I dialed them closely.
I think a lot of the feel difference (for me at least) comes out more on leadwork and more single note-y rather than more rhythmical or chuggy stuff, but even there I find if I really look for it it’s there. I guess we all differ in how we value feel and those nuances more than others, but for me it’s the differences between a “nice” and magical amp and just makes it a lot more enjoyable to play through. I had a no stripe coli ++ modded that actually almost had me wanting to sell my iic+, it was quite close, but as I compared more and my ears evolved a bit more, I heard the highs being messier, less musical (some say harsh) and just didn’t have as much stuff going on around the notes (that gives the 3D quality guys mention) nor the same type of note connection. I understand in a clip context this is almost impossible to tell probably, but for some like me that’s not a detractor for what we’re looking for

i guess you just never know. my 6505+ i dont like cause it just feels dumpy, slow and just dosent respond to my playing, ive never really heard anyone else have that complaint about that amp though. my iic+ is like that chick that begs you to bang her harder and harder, the more i lay in the better it gets, and my cameron is similar. i only bought the cameron mostly for the forum lore, for the $1500 i paid i figured id try it out, make a couple clips and move it on to the next, but now i just love it and understand why dudes have and probably would still give this guy chances and their money, i most certainly would never buy anything new from him though.

i guess you just never know. my 6505+ i dont like cause it just feels dumpy, slow and just dosent respond to my playing, ive never really heard anyone else have that complaint about that amp though. my iic+ is like that chick that begs you to bang her harder and harder, the more i lay in the better it gets, and my cameron is similar. i only bought the cameron mostly for the forum lore, for the $1500 i paid i figured id try it out, make a couple clips and move it on to the next, but now i just love it and understand why dudes have and probably would still give this guy chances and their money, i most certainly would never buy anything new from him though.
Most of the top tier amps I've tried have a feel that makes them very addictive. It's not just forum hype. The Rev C, Rev 1 Uber, Hell Razor (different feel than other Wizard's), Naylor's and Purpleface are my other favorites in feel. I guess most amps I don't care for, especially the more filtered, cardboard-y recent amps, tend to feel disconnected, not great to me. I think I actually liked the Iconic's feel more than the 6505+

The top tier non-high gain amps I find feel equally great in their own way like the Jim Kelley, Ronin or Jamison

I played last year at this amplest a no name modded Marshall (modded many decades ago) that may have had the best feel to me of the modded Marshall's I've tried. I'm very jealous of that one lol

Most of the top tier amps I've tried have a feel that makes them very addictive. It's not just forum hype. The Rev C, Rev 1 Uber, Hell Razor (different feel than other Wizard's), Naylor's and Purpleface are my other favorites in feel. I guess most amps I don't care for, especially the more filtered, cardboard-y recent amps, tend to feel disconnected, not great to me. I think I actually liked the Iconic's feel more than the 6505+

The top tier non-high gain amps I find feel equally great in their own way like the Jim Kelley, Ronin or Jamison

I played last year at this amplest a no name modded Marshall (modded many decades ago) that may have had the best feel to me of the modded Marshall's I've tried. I'm very jealous of that one lol

A naylor is on my list. A magnatone is like to try too

A naylor is on my list. A magnatone is like to try too
I think you’d love the Naylor and really all those amps I listed above. I’d be shocked if not. Which model Magnatone? The recent slash one?

I think you’d love the Naylor and really all those amps I listed above. I’d be shocked if not. Which model Magnatone? The recent slash one?

I’m not sure what Billy gibbons plays but I’ve liked what I e heard from his, not sure it would work for the metal I typically play but it’ll be fun to try

Dave may have been just the tech guy, idk. But isn’t he partnered with Rob in Tome Merchants ? I remember Brad and Rob being quite vocal and blaming Mark for all of it. I would think (but I’m no lawyer) when you buy a business (Cameron Amps in this case), you buy the assets and liabilities of said business. The assets were the amp designs and any parts on hand) The liabilities were anything owed. Then MC says he didn’t give them the real designs and said the Brad run amps were a Dave design based on an MC design. Years after they teased a new amp company using the designs called California Amps…which obviously never happened.
I remember Scameron had already f’d over those people. Brad and Dave entered the fray and started a company w/ Cameron to build amps that would, in turn, fund the Amps for those who got screwed. Brad even took a list of folks to make whole when they started.

I don’t remember Brad or Dave ever screwing anyone or assuming any debt—there was a big disclaimer by Brad that they were going to TRY to make those whole who got screwed. Cameron flaked again and Brad lost a ton of weight and thought he was Superman. Left his family and met some chick in LA, beat the snot out of her and went to jail. That’s all I remember.

What pickups and speakers does mark use?
Well known Mark uses Celestion G12H30s in his cabs. The clips from back in the day with Mark, Dave Meniketti and Gainfreak playing Mark’s homemade super strat style guitar had a Duncan Screaming Demon in it. Psychodave’s clips with his red Charvel used the Suhr Aldrich.

I’m not sure what Billy gibbons plays but I’ve liked what I e heard from his, not sure it would work for the metal I typically play but it’ll be fun to try
Yeah for lower gain stuff those are supposed to be great amps. My friend has a vintage one that I may be able to borrow in the future

I remember Scameron had already f’d over those people. Brad and Dave entered the fray and started a company w/ Cameron to build amps that would, in turn, fund the Amps for those who got screwed. Brad even took a list of folks to make whole when they started.

I don’t remember Brad or Dave ever screwing anyone or assuming any debt—there was a big disclaimer by Brad that they were going to TRY to make those whole who got screwed. Cameron flaked again and Brad lost a ton of weight and thought he was Superman. Left his family and met some chick in LA, beat the snot out of her and went to jail. That’s all I remember.
yep ---

He didn't beat her up....he was charged with kidnapping.

https://patch.com/california/newportbeach/man-arrested-for-allegedly-kidnapping-woman-in-newport

Well known Mark uses Celestion G12H30s in his cabs. The clips from back in the day with Mark, Dave Meniketti and Gainfreak playing Mark’s homemade super strat style guitar had a Duncan Screaming Demon in it. Psychodave’s clips with his red Charvel used the Suhr Aldrich.
Sucker free of course.

I thought so, the cam 2x12 I grabbed though has scumbacks so I wasn’t sure

Back