A little LBGTQ fodder

• Thread starter Thread starter Strandberg Junkie
  • Start date Start date
S
Strandberg Junkie
Banned
A different perspective on the issue.

Was hanging with my 4 year old granddaughter and she showed me a picture she drew of the family.
She pointed me out and my pants had been randomly colored in pink.

Without thinking I said to her, "Boys don't wear pink!"
From the next room my daughter immediately replied, "What's that Grampy?"
Caught her drift and corrected myself, "I mean I don't like pink. Some boys might."

And that was the end of it.

Excellent parenting right there IMO.
What say you?

lgwgdx4o_1p529f8_l3vmsp.png

She knows you well and that pink color was not randomly chosen .

You didn't answer whether you thought it was good parenting or not.
Jokes aside, what do you honestly think?

4 year old is a sponge, right?
Should I plant a bias in her head like that?

BOYS + PINK = WRONG?

A different perspective on the issue.

Was hanging with my 4 year old granddaughter and she showed me a picture she drew of the family.
She pointed me out and my pants had been randomly colored in pink.

Without thinking I said to her, "Boys don't wear pink!"
From the next room my daughter immediately replied, "What's that Grampy?"
Caught her drift and corrected myself, "I mean I don't like pink. Some boys might."

And that was the end of it.

Excellent parenting right there IMO.
What say you?

Right on man. I go through similar things with my daughters pretty often. They are big in to putting on lipstick at the moment, but I don’t like wearing it. I let them paint on me with other stuff, but lipstick feels weird.
Anyways my youngest asked if boys can were lipstick and I said “they can if they want to. Most of them don’t want to, like me, but I’m sure some do”. And that was it.

I have fairly long hair so many of family portraits have been drawn with us all having the same hair lol.

It's so easy to teach openness and tolerance when they're young, eh?

It works the other way around too. I asked my oldest if she cares what other people in her class wear and she said “no, not really” so I asked her why she would think anyone cares what she wears.

I’m sure that will change the closer to the teens she gets, but kids are born open and accepting. They learn to not like people.

I like that you brought up tolerance too. I wish that phrase was used more. Tolerance doesn’t imply you have to like something. If gay or trans people weird you out, that’s not really a big deal. It’s the lashing out against them that makes it seem so hateful. It’s why all that “it’s getting shoved down my throat” stuff seem so silly. No one is forcing anyone to like anyone. And it’s super easy to ignore it if you don’t like it.

I don’t like professional sports. I think it’s all pretty stupid, but I don’t post a thread every time a pro athlete gets arrested or says something stupid. I can not like something without supporting an agenda to get rid of it. I just don’t watch sports, except for the World Cup.

It works the other way around too. I asked my oldest if she cares what other people in her class wear and she said “no, not really” so I asked her why she would think anyone cares what she wears.

I’m sure that will change the closer to the teens she gets, but kids are born open and accepting. They learn to not like people.

I like that you brought up tolerance too. I wish that phrase was used more. Tolerance doesn’t imply you have to like something. If gay or trans people weird you out, that’s not really a big deal. It’s the lashing out against them that makes it seem so hateful. It’s why all that “it’s getting shoved down my throat” stuff seem so silly. No one is forcing anyone to like anyone. And it’s super easy to ignore it if you don’t like it.

I don’t like professional sports. I think it’s all pretty stupid, but I don’t post a thread every time a pro athlete gets arrested or says something stupid. I can not like something without supporting an agenda to get rid of it. I just don’t watch sports, except for the World Cup.
Big difference between tolerance and enabling disfunction

Big difference between tolerance and enabling disfunction
Many would agree that alcoholism is a mental disorder. Find any irony in that?
Hanging your hat on “it’s a mental disease” just makes you seem angry at people with a mental disease.
They really aren’t curable and aren’t spreadable. “Celebrating” them as you put isn’t going to “cause” anything. People don’t choose to be mentally ill as you put it

Many would agree that alcoholism is a mental disorder. Find any irony in that?
Hanging your hat on “it’s a mental disease” just makes you seem angry at people with a mental disease.
They really aren’t curable and aren’t spreadable. “Celebrating” them as you put isn’t going to “cause” anything. People don’t choose to be mentally ill as you put it
So you think it's a mental disease?

Back