A little LBGTQ fodder

• Thread starter Thread starter Strandberg Junkie
  • Start date Start date
What do an Harley and a dog have in common?

They both like to ride in the back of a truck!
I have a Goldwing as well, and I hate it. Looks more like spaceship than a bike, and if something goes wrong out on the road, good luck fixing anything on the fly. The truth is that Harleys are way more comfortable, and they are as dependable as anything else. Some engines have their weaknesses, but that can easily be overcome with aftermarket goodies. I also like that I don’t have to remove a ton of plastic to get to, or see my engine. Only truck mine has been in is the one that delivered it, and I ride daily, take long trips on the weekend
I could never get in to the motorcycle thing. Loved playing ExciteBike though
I could never get in to the motorcycle thing. Loved playing ExciteBike though
A day without a bike is like night. Shit is good for the soul.

Does “T” Belong With “LGB”?

The differences between LGB and T are important.

Having written previously about the medical issues with “transitioning” in my essay: “Transgender Surgery- Common Sense and Decency are Needed. Big business: the advertising, lobbying and the experimental surgeries/procedures must stop.” https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/transgender-surgery-common-sense

As well as issues with trans movement essentially being a “gateway” into transhumanism, including for military purposes- I believe we have to err on the side of caution: “Ethical Parameters for Human Enhancement?https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/ethical-parameters-for-human-enhancement

The point of the essay below is that the trans movement is political and is not grounded in biology, which are reasons to question the entire agenda.

I’m a conservative, but I’ve got many liberal friends. My wife, the lovely LaJuan, is an avowed woman of the left. My children are all left-of-center in their political orientations.

Our political disagreement doesn’t stop me from loving and respecting them, nor does it stop them from loving and respecting me. It’s possible, if it needs to be said, to respect a person even if you think their worldview errs in some deep, essential way.

By the same token, I might not understand who another person loves, how they choose to dress and present themselves to the world, or the nature of their self-understanding—we can still get along, as long as they’re not harming anyone else.

But when individuals’ decisions about how they understand their relationship to their identity place coercive demands on everybody else to adopt new ideas about gender and identity, something more than a basic call for respect is being issued.

In that sense, the transgender rights movements’ demands extend beyond what they can reasonably ask of their fellow citizens.

Compare transgender rights to gay liberation. The most successful aspects of the gay rights movement placed no real burdens on straight Americans. They asked for basic protections—not to be prosecuted or harassed or fired from their jobs for who they are, to be allowed to marry the person they love—that already covered all other citizens of the nation.

The transgender rights movement is demanding something different, which is for their ideas about gender and identity to displace traditional, binary, and scientifically accepted conceptions of sex and gender.

Moreover, these demands come with an implicit threat: If you don’t get with the program, we’ll label you a transphobe and do our best to make you persona non grata.

This is a political move, not a call for respect. It’s a power grab intended to silence even those of us with honest questions about trans identity and to crowd us out of the public discourse.

In the following excerpt from my conversation with John McWhorter and Mark Goldblatt, we discuss the difficulties of asking honest questions about trans identity in such a charged environment. It shouldn’t be such a perilous venture.

But unfortunately, when you give respect, you don’t always get it back.
See more here substack.com

Back