Andy Larocque Love

• Thread starter Thread starter napalmdeath
  • Start date Start date
I brought this up a few months ago.. he gets plenty of love around these parts. He's incredible and instantly recognizable. I agree as well, amazing vibrato. I can't even name one solo that is his best because just about every solo was his best.

Maybe his new album will be out before I am eligible for social security. Been touring for 10 years 1 new song 😂

Andy is the fucking GOAT!! Literally the only player I think I’d ever get “star struck” if I had the chance to meet him.

Maybe his new album will be out before I am eligible for social security. Been touring for 10 years 1 new song 😂

Don't be a Debbie Downer, he's got decades of music to string together for a show and isn't milking one or two albums like AXL is. I have been waiting for this for ages. Saw the dates above and a few of those are in play for me depending on what other dads I can drag out with me. They are a very niche band even among metal heads.

The other swedish master!! His playing is hauntingly beautiful and his tone always sound so pure all while shredding your face off. Tastefully, of course!

Andy is the fucking GOAT!! Literally the only player I think I’d ever get “star struck” if I had the chance to meet him.
He is a helluva player!
Met him twice - just a down to earth guy.

I have been binging a lot of King Diamond lately. I have always just listened but I have recently starting learning some of the stuff from "Them." So much creativity and FUN to play! Andy is the man. Aside from the King being my favorite Satanist, KD/MF are in my top 3 bands of all time (KD/MF = one slot). I cannot name the other two, but the King is up there.

So much going on here:

Last edited:
I like how he navigates the changes in this one, paying careful attention to what's happening under the solo (3:13)

He’s great at playing whatever is underneath
Here’s my fav solo of his

Back