Are $2.5K to $8K Gibson's guitars investments or museum pieces ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Samhain
  • Start date Start date
Oh it's for sure not. St.Louis is just a shithole lol
St. Louis is rich with musical History and there are tons of good people there.
Its the crime that's the problem not the town.
Yes bands have been ripped off left & right the last 15 years.
Many national acts won't play there which is a shame. But crime is not just exclusive to Missouri, its everywhere in every area.

Next time you're in the Pacific northwest I imagine ;)

I haven't made it down to DFW in a while (I think thats where you're located, right?) and if I did, I probably wouldn't want to try to take a 100w head as carry on baggage 🤣

If you're ever in my area you're more than welcome to give it a go though!

Aw damn. Didn't know you weren't local.
Worth the trip tho. I'll be up shortly

Many national acts won't play there which is a shame. But crime is not just exclusive to Missouri, its everywhere in every area.
I was born in North County and grew up there my whole life. I love St.Louis.

Aw damn. Didn't know you weren't local.
Worth the trip tho. I'll be up shortly
Alright, I'm warming him up up for when you get here.

PXL_20211222_021115779.jpg

I agreed to trade guitars with my boss's brother back in the late 1980's His was a newer Heritage Reissue Flametop Cherry Sunburst, mine was a ratty ass 1973 Goldtop with some road rash already on it. The trade was to be for a month of time. I loved the look of his guitar, but I just could not do it. My goldtop ended up at Nashville for a plane, refret, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, new electronics, and bone nut, years later. It is still my #1 guitar after all these years later, even with the 2-piece body and 3-piece neck. Don't get caught up in the hype. No relic here.

Attachments

• DSC04190 (1).JPG
    DSC04190 (1).JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 37
Really, gibson les pauls are factory guitars at boutique prices. i can't believe people buy them new at all anymore. and the days of a solid player lp standard under 2k are long gone as well. I'm about to tape over my gibson logo on my explorer out of good old fashioned, pointless, punk rock spite! :D

Really, gibson les pauls are factory guitars at boutique prices. :D

About 15 years ago I was talking with a guy who did inlay work for the Fender Custom Shop.

He told me that those Artisan John Cruz strats they charge an extra $3K for are just choice specimens
grabbed off the line and then Cruz signs the neck heel and/or PU cavity.

Can't speak to whether it's true or not but it's pretty safe to assume it is I think.

It's REALLY bad with classic USA BC rich and Hamer guitars, unfortunately; which are highly desirable for both looks and playability for people who play heavy music. Unfortunately the collector types have pushed the prices into the stratosphere.

I'm so fucking glad I managed to snag my USA Californian before this happened.....scored it for $420 which is completely impossible these days

I'm so fucking glad I managed to snag my USA Californian before this happened.....scored it for $420 which is completely impossible these days
Im so jealous, I would kill for a Standard (explorer style) or a Vector or a nice Monaco at a decent price, but those days are long gone. The collector types have ruined it. Now theyre all in the 4k range and its just stupid. Theyre just going to sit in these dentist closets and collect dust until jackoff jim Esquire decides to show his friends he knows "three blind mice" while real musicians are completely screwed.

Hamer USAs are fantastic. I stupidly sold off my main guitar for 20 yrs, a 1991 Hamer Centaura I bought new, back in 2011. Had REAL relic to it; small impact craters from drunk college girls sliding into my mic stand which crashed into the lower horn…multiple times. I think it ended up in Russia since I saw it for sale on Reverb 5 years ago…had those same telltale impact marks…he pulled the ad though.
Had a few more since then, Diablos and Centauras but none equaled mine.

Hamer USAs are fantastic. I stupidly sold off my main guitar for 20 yrs, a 1991 Hamer Centaura I bought new, back in 2011. Had REAL relic to it; small impact craters from drunk college girls sliding into my mic stand which crashed into the lower horn…multiple times. I think it ended up in Russia since I saw it for sale on Reverb 5 years ago…had those same telltale impact marks…he pulled the ad though.
Had a few more since then, Diablos and Centauras but none equaled mine.

I also had a USA Centaura and a USA Diablo....both were amazing but I ended up selling them off just because I have more guitars than I could possibly play :LOL:

Im so jealous, I would kill for a Standard (explorer style) or a Vector or a nice Monaco at a decent price, but those days are long gone. The collector types have ruined it. Now theyre all in the 4k range and its just stupid. Theyre just going to sit in these dentist closets and collect dust until jackoff jim Esquire decides to show his friends he knows "three blind mice" while real musicians are completely screwed.
It’s gotten out of hand...there are still deals to be found though...the USA Specials and Juniors are still a $900 - 1300. I paid $1200 shipped for my Vector appx 10 yrs ago...that won’t ever happen again... Last Saturday nights gig rig. All Hamer Korina, all night long 😉

27AFE31A-8668-43B6-A755-1770D537AF64.jpeg

I know man, I grew up here my whole life. It is just sad.

It’s gotten out of hand...there are still deals to be found though...the USA Specials and Juniors are still a $900 - 1300. I paid $1200 shipped for my Vector appx 10 yrs ago...that won’t ever happen again... Last Saturday nights gig rig. All Hamer Korina, all night long 😉

View attachment 99344
Absolutely love your korina vector, but theres no way I'm finding one for even close to 1200 anymore, unfortunately. The last one I saw on facebook was like 5000.

Back