Are $2.5K to $8K Gibson's guitars investments or museum pieces ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Samhain
  • Start date Start date
I know man, I grew up here my whole life. It is just sad.
McDonnell-Douglas-logo.png

25729987788_0844a569de_b.jpg

We moved to St. Charles in 1964, ive had a family member work for either McDonnell Spacecraft/McDonnell Douglas or Boeing over 50 years. Most of us are retired or passed away.
I have the same legit concerns about downtown and STL after dark as you do.
I have the same concerns about the day too. Sucks.
But most of my life has been in da Lou, whats a negro spose to do ?
Chuck Berry used to throw some wild ass parties in Wentzville that Geezer Butler used to attend.
Chuck used to eat at a Chinese place out there, saw him quite a bit. He crashed a gig i was at in 1982 with his Winnebago RV and his Gibson guitar.
Michael McDonald from Ferguson Ike & Tina Turner, St. Louis is the birthplace of Rock n Roll basically.
I know a guy that can tell you in the 1950's you could drive to East St. Louis to a speak easy show, tip an anonymous guy standing on the corner to park your car, hand him the keys, go see the show and after the same guy would go get your car and you'd be on your way.
Young folks now don't value life and too many fucking guns floating around
Me & the wife don't go out much anymore and also last 2 years of covid most folks we know don't go out either.

We moved to St. Charles in 1964, ive had a family member work for either McDonnell Spacecraft/McDonnell Douglas or Boeing over 50 years. Most of us are retired or passed away.
Chuck Berry used to throw some wild ass parties in Wentzville that Geezer Butler used to attend.
Chuck used to eat at a Chinese place out there, saw him quite a bit. He crashed a gig i was at in 1982 with his Winnebago RV and his Gibson guitar.
Michael McDonald from Ferguson Ike & Tina Turner, St. Louis is the birthplace of Rock n Roll basically.
I know a guy that can tell you in the 1950's you could drive to East St. Louis to a speak easy show, tip an anonymous guy standing on the corner to park your car, hand him the keys, go see the show and after the same guy would go get your car and you'd be on your way.
Me & the wife don't go out much anymore and also last 2 years of covid most folks we know don't go out either.
I grew up in Bellefontaine Neighbors and Spanish Lake, so I was in the shit pretty early. I still have a lot of good memories. You said it before, our city is so full of history, rich storied history. It's just a shame that a bunch of thugs have hijacked it.

I grew up in Bellefontaine Neighbors and Spanish Lake, so I was in the shit pretty early. I still have a lot of good memories. You said it before, our city is so full of history, rich storied history. It's just a shame that a bunch of thugs have hijacked it.
Norf county has the highest foreclosure rate of anywhere in Missouri, my Mom lived in Hazelwood & Florissant in the 1970's. Was mostly middle class families then.
Norf county is pretty much screwed these days.
I had a good weed connection in Bellefontaine Neighbors in the early 80's lol.
I don't know what the answers are but lots of issues.

About 15 years ago I was talking with a guy who did inlay work for the Fender Custom Shop.

He told me that those Artisan John Cruz strats they charge an extra $3K for are just choice specimens
grabbed off the line and then Cruz signs the neck heel and/or PU cavity.

Can't speak to whether it's true or not but it's pretty safe to assume it is I think.
i believe it. they're made by union jobbers at both compaines. Same reason american cars are bullshit. made by johnny 6 pack jerk offs, and marketed by an over fed, over paid, douche crew of cronies...and here i own and fender and a gibson, AND i drive a Jeep. such a hypocrite :D

My 2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard is a great guitar and I bought it weeks off the factory line (still smelled like bourbon till the lacquer settled) lol. That guitar us one I want to keep in great condition and be a type of collectible, although I play it, etc. My used 2013 Classic is turning into a Frankenstein with stickers, etc

Just a sidenote, because I saw your shot of the F4 aircraft there. When I was 19-20 years old, I was in the last F4 squadron the Air Force had, in Korea, before that fighter was retired. Those suckers were loud as shit and shook our workspaces every time they took off, and we loved it! My drummer was actually a backseater and was in a crash right before my assignment ended. Thankfully he lived (parachutes and ejection seats rock).

Figured I'd tell you so you know your family's jobs led to sone cool stuff dude!

Back