Because I know how much you like Tim Henson content...

• Thread starter Thread starter phillybhatesme
  • Start date Start date
Listen, the US is not where you base your moral standings on. Like one of the last if I'm being honest.

I used to say faggot when I was a strapping young lad. And now that I'm still a strapping young lad, I don't use it anymore. I was going through an Eminem phase at the time, middle school, as a minority whatever, it was my ghetto phase. And everyone said faggot.

I learned through life that some of the nicest people have been gay. Some of my family is gay as a 3$ bill. The people who have wronged me, fucked me over, and caused any issues for me, unless they were closet they were straight. I just became conscious of the fact it is a slur. And much how I don't call my black friends the that certain word, I don't label gay people the other word, and I'm all about anarchy and uprising. Making gay people the enemy in mainstream is so weird and off track that it's dillusional. And in America it's used as another polarization to divide masses under a corrupt government.

It's a nasty word really, it doesnt even roll off the tongue in a pleasant way when you say it. But really at the end of the day it's about just being a decent human being. Who gives a shit what an American friend doesn't have a problem with. If you were gay, or your close friend was gay and somebody tosses the word faggot around, I would hope you'd find a small amount of decency within you to defend them. And I'm not all about pride this pride that, it's another American holiday promoting division, sanctioned by those that want everyone fighting within their class systems. A government will always rule a divided mass... as you can see in America.

So we may think its totally cool to draw a swastika on the wall.... because it wasn't always linked to a holocaust.... but that event fucked the symbol up indefinitely for further use socially right? Hard to deny that. Draw a swastika up in public with people watching and see what happens...

Now just imagine it's the same for certain slurs. Maybe the word fag started as a cigarette butt and ended up faggot and somehow got linked to being gay..now it's permanently linked same as the symbol and an event. As a decent person you should probably at least recognize that type of scenery. Or not. It's whatever really but I think back to myself throwing around slurs like that as a teen and I cringe all over. Character development alone should prevent you from using unattractive words linked to social hate, whether you agree with it or not.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk ✂🎬
I think I made it clear that being gay is one thing and is understandable, and faggot vibes is another. And Tim claims to be straight, so that word is even less of an offence in this case. And I’m not even on a mission to hurt any gays.

Listen, the US is not where you base your moral standings on. Like one of the last if I'm being honest.

I used to say faggot when I was a strapping young lad. And now that I'm still a strapping young lad, I don't use it anymore. I was going through an Eminem phase at the time, middle school, as a minority whatever, it was my ghetto phase. And everyone said faggot.

I learned through life that some of the nicest people have been gay. Some of my family is gay as a 3$ bill. The people who have wronged me, fucked me over, and caused any issues for me, unless they were closet they were straight. I just became conscious of the fact it is a slur. And much how I don't call my black friends the that certain word, I don't label gay people the other word, and I'm all about anarchy and uprising. Making gay people the enemy in mainstream is so weird and off track that it's dillusional. And in America it's used as another polarization to divide masses under a corrupt government.

It's a nasty word really, it doesnt even roll off the tongue in a pleasant way when you say it. But really at the end of the day it's about just being a decent human being. Who gives a shit what an American friend doesn't have a problem with. If you were gay, or your close friend was gay and somebody tosses the word faggot around, I would hope you'd find a small amount of decency within you to defend them. And I'm not all about pride this pride that, it's another American holiday promoting division, sanctioned by those that want everyone fighting within their class systems. A government will always rule a divided mass... as you can see in America.

So we may think its totally cool to draw a swastika on the wall.... because it wasn't always linked to a holocaust.... but that event fucked the symbol up indefinitely for further use socially right? Hard to deny that. Draw a swastika up in public with people watching and see what happens...

Now just imagine it's the same for certain slurs. Maybe the word fag started as a cigarette butt and ended up faggot and somehow got linked to being gay..now it's permanently linked same as the symbol and an event. As a decent person you should probably at least recognize that type of scenery. Or not. It's whatever really but I think back to myself throwing around slurs like that as a teen and I cringe all over. Character development alone should prevent you from using unattractive words linked to social hate, whether you agree with it or not.

See, that’s the kind of diatribe that makes me want to say it even more..😉
You need to hear some old gays hanging out and slingin’ shit. They’ll faggot you right out of your seat…😂

You don't have to be gay to be a fag. Fags are people who ride obnoxiously loud Harleys or people who tell other people what words they shouldn't use on the internet. That's a fag, so don't be one.

An explanation, and helpful guide for homophobic and transphobic slurs. Hopefully it'll ease the burden of being offended.

Last edited:
All I know is they better not ever edit that cute little dog out of the Eiger Sanction!

It's really interesting because Tim Henson and Marcin are both extremely technical guitar players who can't write music worth a shit

And it's not a fast and hard rule, but the type of players who like and listen to players like Tim Henson and Marcin also, tend to be people who can't write music worth a shit either

As was mentioned earlier "that goes nowhere"

It's possible to play virtuosic guitar music AND write melodies that will stand the test of time - lots of players have done it. It's crazy because the disposability of modern life has morphed into disposability of art, which has osmosed into art not really mattering besides the toolkit to create it.

This is nothing music, made to be as disposable as your Iphone or TV are

It's really interesting because Tim Henson and Marcin are both extremely technical guitar players who can't write music worth a shit

And it's not a fast and hard rule, but the type of players who like and listen to players like Tim Henson and Marcin also, tend to be people who can't write music worth a shit either

As was mentioned earlier "that goes nowhere"

It's possible to play virtuosic guitar music AND write melodies that will stand the test of time - lots of players have done it. It's crazy because the disposability of modern life has morphed into disposability of art, which has osmosed into art not really mattering besides the toolkit to create it.

This is nothing music, made to be as disposable as your Iphone or TV are
The further they move away from trap rap bass backing tracks the better it will be. It's mostly boring to me, but the lame overproduced trap beats just make it all sound all the more generic.

The further they move away from trap rap bass backing tracks the better it will be. It's mostly boring to me, but the lame overproduced trap beats just make it all sound all the more generic.

That's part of it, sure, it's just low effort "we have to put SOMETHING underneath our guitars, right? What is super trendy that the kids listen to? Trap beats! That'll shift some units!"

It's lowest common denominator pablum for the lowest common denominator.

The real problem is that even if you ignore the Fischer-Price My First Trap Beat, the guitar doesn't go anywhere or make any sense. It has no emotion besides "i'm playing notes"

On the way home today Little Fighter came on XM and it really brought home when technical ability meets a very creative and melodic player. That solo kind of blew my mind back in ‘89 with how well structured it was melodically and granted after all these years it’s no longer mind blowing per se on a technical level but it still just renders all this modern technique moot and pointless when it creates nothing that stirs your feelings.

Oh, they hooked up for sure...

On a serious note, that dark finish on Marcin's acoustic is badass. I want one.

On the way home today Little Fighter came on XM and it really brought home when technical ability meets a very creative and melodic player. That solo kind of blew my mind back in ‘89 with how well structured it was melodically and granted after all these years it’s no longer mind blowing per se on a technical level but it still just renders all this modern technique moot and pointless when it creates nothing that stirs your feelings.

As @VonBonfire said, that went nowhere. This is disposable nothing music made for disposable modernity.

Just to put an exclamation point on it, listen to Jon Drenning at 4:20 in "Burning Bridges" - this is technical ability used to make actual music with actual emotion:

Just to put another exclamation point on it, listen to Alex Skolnick at 2:25 in "Return to Serenity" - this is technical ability used to make actual music with actual emotion (even if Alex Skolnick's twitter is almost as cancerous and douchey as Pete Thorn's):

Emotion can be exciting, not just pensive or atmospheric. Here's Weiki and Roland Grapow skullfucking Tammy with guitar solos that are technical, but actually have melodic tension and development instead of randomly making correct scale and mode noises:

There could be any number of amazing guitar players to serve as examples, like "little fighter" mentioned by @skoora

Tammy Hanson and Marcin are phenomenally skilled technicians, but if you think they are musically better than any of these things, you literally don't know anything about writing music that touches people - not just touching guitar players blowing their loads over how someone can make beep-boop sounds.

guitar players blowing their loads over how someone can make beep-boop sounds
giphy.gif

I spent 22 years in a high security federal prison…I wish I had some of those conversations recorded. I think the dude is a killer player but his music does nothing for me. But obviously he’s a monster and living the dream so…but I think he’s similar to the other singer on YouTube that got famous. I have seen videos of both of them doing tactical training with high speed dudes so he could probably take him some butt butt if he was so inclined. Never fight a sister in prison. They can all fight and if you get your ass beat by trailer swift or buffy the Muslim slayer…you can never live that down…

As @VonBonfire said, that went nowhere. This is disposable nothing music made for disposable modernity.

Just to put an exclamation point on it, listen to Jon Drenning at 4:20 in "Burning Bridges" - this is technical ability used to make actual music with actual emotion:

Just to put another exclamation point on it, listen to Alex Skolnick at 2:25 in "Return to Serenity" - this is technical ability used to make actual music with actual emotion (even if Alex Skolnick's twitter is almost as cancerous and douchey as Pete Thorn's:)

Emotion can be exciting, not just pensive or atmospheric. Here's Weiki and Roland Grapow skullfucking Tammy with guitar solos that are technical, but actually have melodic tension and development instead of randomly making correct scale and mode noises:

There could be any number of amazing guitar players to serve as examples, like "little fighter" mentioned by @skoora

Tammy Hanson and Marcin are phenomenally skilled technicians, but if you think they are musically better than any of these things, you literally don't know anything about writing music that touches people - not just touching guitar players blowing their loads over how someone can make beep-boop sounds.

The power of the steel compels you!

Probably one of my favorite palate-cleansing performances after hearing stuff like Henson/Marcin.

The power of the steel compels you!

Probably one of my favorite palate-cleansing performances after hearing stuff like Henson/Marcin.

Nah, you need some Divine Intervention to really get it clean 😂

See, that’s the kind of diatribe that makes me want to say it even more..😉
You need to hear some old gays hanging out and slingin’ shit. They’ll faggot you right out of your seat…😂

We all have preferences. Its just unattractive. Like smoking cigarettes. You can still smoke. Doesn't mean I gotta sit around ya smelly azz tho.

I don't care how often you say it or not. I just HAD to tell you how ignorant you/they/whoever looked doing it. That's all.

Carry on. 🫠🫠

An explanation, and helpful guide for homophobic and transphobic slurs. Hopefully it'll ease the burden of being offended.

That dude is trash, much like his comedy. So you already lost me bud. Defend being a bigot all you want, I'm cool with you doing you.

Doesn't mean I gotta agree 👎

You don't have to be gay to be a fag. Fags are people who ride obnoxiously loud Harleys or people who tell other people what words they shouldn't use on the internet. That's a fag, so don't be one.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Dude I will still tell you how gay your playing is. Its not that deep.

The word faggot is just dumb, sounds like a 12 year old who just discovered Eminem. It is what it is... lol

And to put your logic into perspective, that's like saying "you don't have to be black to be a nigga" ... like who actually does that? Hello? Anybody up there?

Nobody Id hang out with in public (or private) with for sure 🤣 I don't have to say dumb shit to make myself feel better but you know, diff strokes diff folks.

Enjoy your convictions or whatever 🤙🤙

Back