Because I know how much you like Tim Henson content...

• Thread starter Thread starter phillybhatesme
  • Start date Start date
It's BARELY art, even in the most loose sense, because it's so incomprehensibly lazy, music-writing wise
Oh yeah for sure low hanging fruit considering the skillset those guys possess. But that argument just goes full circle back to the fact that 98.3% of the Polyphia stuff explodes most of our brains because of what's required to listen to it. Aint nobody got time for that

Reactions: rsm
The only difference is that Santana for example turned that go nowhere, do nothing progression into an actual Billboard #1 hit (that song is a drill bit to the ears, at least mine)

All I'm saying is that to answer your question, there is actual structure from a music theory standpoint happening, but the rest of it pretty taxing to get through

What I was trying to get RSM to notice, is that the "song" is the equivalent of someone taking one of those "smooth samba in Eb" guitar youtube backing tracks and trying to pass it off as original music.

What I was trying to get RSM to notice, is that the "song" is the equivalent of someone taking one of those "smooth samba in Eb" guitar youtube backing tracks and trying to pass it off as original music.
Yeah? well fuck you and your Eb! :ROFLMAO: :doh::ROFLMAO: :doh:

Not you personally, but fuck Eb...... for fucks sake that's the anti guitar key sig. Queensryche can bite a fart :ROFLMAO:

< Edward Van Halen has entered the chat >
Well, except for the fact they tuned to Eb early on (as does my current band...) Eddie aint sayin shit :ROFLMAO: But Eb relative to standard A440 tuning can eat a bag of dicks

you said the chord progression made no sense and was chaotic; quite the opposite in fact.

BTW, Polyphia is doing well, financially, musically, and otherwise - certainly not at Taylor Swift levels, but with music more complex than most new pop music and more complex than many metal bands of the past. All that complex wanking doesn't turn into success, Allan Holdsworth's family needed a gofundme for his funeral, while many less capable musicians made serious bank. Thinking AC/DC for example, talk about sounding similar every album is like a continuation of the last.

FWIW, anyone making a good living through music is a win IMO; anyone getting wealthy on making their own music in the 2020s is an even bigger win, IMO. They're doing better in music than most of us here.

I'd rather listen to Polyphia than many of the newer metal bands and other new music I'm hearing today. One of the few live shows that got me to go; and I'd see them again if they come back.

I like what I like.

Back