Bud Light?

• Thread starter Thread starter CRAIG4FSU
  • Start date Start date
You tell me. You dopey fucks are the one taking issue with the commercial.

All the commercial was doing was raising money to help more woman brew beer. Not to stop men from doing it. Just to help more women do it in addition.
I'll let that slide.
Maybe it's the fact that she's seems angry that the women used in the ads are prettier than her and it wasn't really necessary to address the fact that there are women brewers?

Reactions: rsm
I'll let that slide.
Maybe it's the fact that she's seems angry that the women used in the ads are prettier than her and it wasn't really necessary to address the fact that there are women brewers?
She’s an actress, reading a script and being directed.
This is why you are a dopey fuck

@rsm

Why such a fatalist? You talk about the fall of civilizations like it's all doomsday all the time.
I can see it in historical context with stuff like the Romans and Mongols, but today?

Exactly what would you include into a 21st century USA civilization that you fear is failing?

The Church?
Baseball and Apple Pie?
Non heterosexuals hiding in closets like they should?

Society is progressing into the next century - as it should, and always does.
The Luddites are running around with their hair on fire - as they always do.

Same as it ever was.
Humanity and human society has not progressed that much; we have more in common with empires / civilizations of the past than most realize; those civilizations rose from obscurity only to eventually fall, or at least cease to be major players in geopolitics. The British Empire and Ottoman Empire are recent examples, both countries still exist, but neither is a major player today like their former selves.

The US will still exist in some form, but losing the single hegemonic dominance will have far reaching impacts that much of the US, and most of the people are not equipped to handle. We can already see the foreshadowing of what it will look like in many cities where crime and totalitarianism are destroying economic viability. Just wait until the economy worsens...or our ruling parasites run out of our money.

she clearly believes the messaging, she's a NYC limousine liberal after all. :D
Can anyone really deny the message? There are posts in this very thread saying they prefer a beer because a model with a big ass is modeling in the ad.
It’s not a “modeling is bad” message, it’s that the role women play in making beer has changed, and this is an attempt to change it back. Not to stop women modeling for commercials, but to get more women making beer as well.
I don’t see how anyone can not believe the message

Can anyone really deny the message? There are posts in this very thread saying they prefer a beer because a model with a big ass is modeling in the ad.
It’s not a “modeling is bad” message, it’s that the role women play in making beer has changed, and this is an attempt to change it back. Not to stop women modeling for commercials, but to get more women making beer as well.
Stereotype and assume much?

lol me? What the actual fuck are you talking about? Who am I stereotyping?
Well, I, for one, choose beers based on what I feel like drinking and how they taste, not what's on a poster or commercial. Mostly independants as I am lucky to live where we are full of them.
I'd be curious to see the years of the ad campaigns in that commercial. A lot of them look like they are from the 80's where the marketing mantra was "Sex Sells" so it's really a non-issue these days.

Reactions: rsm
Well, I, for one, choose beers based on what I feel like drinking and how they taste, not what's on a poster or commercial. Mostly independants as I am lucky to live where we are full of them.
I'd be curious to see the years of the ad campaigns in that commercial. A lot of them look like they are from the 80's where the marketing mantra was "Sex Sells" so it's really a non-issue these days.

I said there were posts in this thread about it. I didn’t say they were your posts.
If you are tying to say that sex isn’t used to sell beer you are a dumbass.
Also that has nothing to do with what I was even asking about in the first place.

I wanted to know what the Wikipedia of the actress has to do with any of this. And so far it’s either because she’s Jewish or grew up somewhat wealthy. Neither makes any sense in context

Well, attractive women get men's attention; advertisers know this; and it works.

Adult women are willing to work in these advertisements by their own choice; which many may consider objectification of women. They aren't being coerced.

plenty of thirsty men will spend their money on these products.

now if women make beer and it's good, that's a different story, but AFAIK that hasn't happened.

Women did many things in past societies that many don't / won't do today. Want to brew beer, go for it; if you need special assistance to do it, that's a concern...it's certainly not equality...but then again it's never been about equality.

I said there were posts in this thread about it. I didn’t say they were your posts.
If you are tying to say that sex isn’t used to sell beer you are a dumbass.
Also that has nothing to do with what I was even asking about in the first place.

I wanted to know what the Wikipedia of the actress has to do with any of this. And so far it’s either because she’s Jewish or grew up somewhat wealthy. Neither makes any sense in context
You dopey fucks are the one taking issue with the commercial.
:unsure:

never heard of these beer; must be great or regional. :D

I prefer Russian vodka (and Scottish gin), but difficult to get these days; good thing I stockpiled some before the US supply around here was out.

Back