Cheap combo for metal

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
i dont know why, if you cant metal in the "insane" mode with 100w of bogner tube power and two v30s, youre aint metal'ing
My bad, forgive me. I just saw "Line 6" and got sick to my stomach without realizing this wasn't the usual run of the mill model. That actually looks legit but it's pickup only in FL and Smash lives in TX.

Interesting and about 5 mins away. May have to go try it
It will do a great And justice for all tone with the EQ kicked in .... without the the EQ it reminds me of Slayer ...

and its got great cleans if that matters

if its 5 minutes away ... I would definitely go plug into it

I have actually been flirting with a fender just to use a dirt pedal. I have never done that style before, but I do love pushed cleans, and i can double it and add distortion for a kind of 80s metal tone.
You missed a BF'ed 1978 SF Twin for $650 by a couple days. Someone actually snatched that one up really quick. There was also a big 100 watt Ampeg single channel of some sort on there for $450, also disappeared pretty quick. Saw both like two days ago and then when I checked for you they were both taken down.

From my personal experience the bandit has probably one of the best metal tones for a combo that ive played but definitely cannot keep up with a drummer unless you're playing something much quieter.

I've been using the Iconic combo and it sounds great and is plenty loud enough and doesn't break the bank.

My Vypyr lasted years and I used it in a live setting and everything. Great rock tones man. That being said, rocking a little Marshall Lead 12 head cranked through a vertical 2x12 was a killer sound as well. Totally different. I'd say you are on the right track here. Hope you find some promising suggestions!

Used 5150 Iconic 40w combo. Killer for metal and can be had in the 4-500 range now. Even better with a v30.
My brother has one, and I gave him a well worn-in UK Greenback, and it sounds darn good!

The DSL40C isn't bad. Good tubes/bias and a speaker upgrade, (or find a special addition with a V30).

DSL40CR. one of the old Engl 1x12 combos, what was it gig master or something?

Back