Dinner at rig-talk is served at 5:30 ET

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
Stop noticing eating habits
Anyone who can afford to make a habit of eating is something I notice. Must be nice although right now I'm having the obligatory cold bbq sandwich after the show.

Anyone who can afford to make a habit of eating is something I notice. Must be nice although right now I'm having the obligatory cold bbq sandwich after the show.
Reminds me of a story about a salesman:
While we were driving to a health food convention, he told me that he figured all of his profits in terms of roast beef sandwiches. If he made enough money in a day to buy at least one sandwich, he knew he would survive. When he sold enough to purchase several sandwiches, he was ahead of the game. As it turned out, his remarkable ability to sell allowed him to buy lots and lots of roast beef sandwiches.
I usually figure things in gallons of milk myself. "Bag of chips, or gallon of milk?" Helps put things into perspective when I'm trying to keep a tight budget.

If you are ever in STL, I'll make you a fine dinner. Bring the Chianti.
Thanks for the invite. I used to buy this stuff all the time about twenty years ago:
1722199408326.png

Guess my cheap chianti isn't good enough for @japetus lol

Rig talk is shut down to one lane during supper time here. I can set my watch to it.

It's 4:30 eastern time. Our east coast friends should probably log out and wash their hands for dinner.

No more dinnertime noticing.
Yeah bro', I get to clean the sewers and catch all the dregs in my time zone.

Seems the RT'ers go eat dinner and then poop back here during my shift, no doubt figuring that nobody'll notice, but I'm onto your caper, e-steamed turds... I mean, members. :gethim:

Yeah bro', I get to clean the sewers and catch all the dregs in my time zone.

Seems the RT'ers go eat dinner and then poop back here during my shift, no doubt figuring that nobody'll notice, but I'm onto your caper, e-steamed turds... I mean, members. :gethim:
You are one Monkey that is always invited at my dinner table.

5:00 Eastern time and not a soul around. 12 minutes since the last post upstairs. Over 20 since anyone hit the OT. You guys are so regular about your dinner.

Last edited:
5:40 eastern and the forum is now a ghost town. I don't think you guys have ever missed a meal.

@japetus It's about 5 o clock on the west coast. Sure is quiet in here.....

How to know what being a hermit is like: visit rig talk on a friday afternoon about 5pm eastern.

No nocturnal nourishment timeframe studies please
It does seem like the east coast guys are the more consistent with their mealtimes. I always thought breakfast was the most important meal of the day but obviously the guys at rig talk prefer their epic mealtime in the early evening more. Either that or they have a gordon ramsey level aggro wife demanding they "wash up and come to dinner".

It does seem like the east coast guys are the more consistent with their mealtimes. I always thought breakfast was the most important meal of the day but obviously the guys at rig talk prefer their epic mealtime in the early evening more. Either that or they have a gordon ramsey level aggro wife demanding they "wash up and come to dinner".
Imagine having a set schedule of when/if intake nutrients. How human.

Back