Dinner at rig-talk is served at 5:30 ET

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
Imagine having a set schedule of when/if intake nutrients. How human.
The structure I'm talking about seems excessively rigid. 5:30, on the money, every evening, of every day, for 365 days each year. I wonder .if any of them ever say to themselves "I think I'm going to eat at 5:45 today instead"? It's like when I feed my dog in the morning and he has that "oh boy, dogfood again" look in his eyes.

I'm told the blackfeet indians were inclined to dine but once a day. I need to make some coffee.

The structure I'm talking about seems excessively rigid. 5:30, on the money, every evening, of every day, for 365 days each year. I wonder .if any of them ever say to themselves "I think I'm going to eat at 5:45 today instead"? It's like when I feed my dog in the morning and he has that "oh boy, dogfood again" look in his eyes.

I'm told the blackfeet indians were inclined to dine but once a day. I need to make some coffee.
Did you just compare native american eating habits to dogs? Anyway, I am heading out to catch some cold front crappie.

Did you just compare native american eating habits to dogs? Anyway, I am heading out to catch some cold front crappie.
Those were two separate paragraphs. Anyways, reel me in a lunker. We'll eat it tomorrow about 5:30 like everyone else does. If fish are anything like rig talk, you're late to the game. Just sayin.....

Chicken and taters tonight

IMG_9791.jpeg

Back when our kids were young we were definitely on a schedule. Now that it is just the two of us, we eat when we are hungry. And guess what, we are loosing weight. I'm down to 175.

Last edited:
Back when you kids were young we were definitely on a schedule. Now that it is just the two of us, we eat when we are hungry. And guess what, we are loosing weight. I'm down to 175.
That's great news. What's the weight you are hoping to reach or are you good at 175?

I am about 205-210 and hoping to put on another ten lbs of muscle but been slacking a little due to other obligations that came up.

That chicken in the 2nd pic looks exceptional. I wouldn't turn down a PM'ed spice list heh heh. My wife was on me to smoke some chicken but I haven't even gotten half decent at ribs yet. I grilled chicken a few times a decade ago but I've only run my pit as a smoker the past few years. Brisket and deer jerky are all I have gotten a good hang of.

5:45 central and the place is cleared out like a prohibition era speakeasy that didn't pay their protection rent to the local po-leeece.

Other than Friday I don't even get home before 5:30. My wife hasn't started cooking dinner yet and I've been home since 3:30.
We usually don't eat until 6:30 or later. I probably won't eat until after rehearsal tonight, so maybe around 11. Not gonna help my weight gain strategy but I did eat some fried chiicken around 3pm. I hope you have a great weekend Floyd.

We usually don't eat until 6:30 or later. I probably won't eat until after rehearsal tonight, so maybe around 11. Not gonna help my weight gain strategy but I did eat some fried chiicken around 3pm. I hope you have a great weekend Floyd.
You too buddy. I'm working all weekend so not great, but the money is.

Thank you for informing me of your dinner habits. This will be documented.

Back