Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

• Thread starter Thread starter shgshg
  • Start date Start date
Stonetone® Products":21po11nn said:
On Air Interview with Inventor/owner operator/President Robert Di Santo of Stone Tone®. Stone Tone® Products is the manufacture of these patented and Trademarked granite tremolo blocks that are designed to enhance and strengthen the sound of your tremolo-equipped instrument across the entire audio spectrum.

Granite, when quarried in its natural state, is not only of an ideal density for the purpose of sustain, but also has a crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transference—it requires no factory processing or dilution, and the natural change in sound upon installation, is so drastic that signal loss from the guitar to the amplifier will be decreased by at least 30%. The blocks are crafted from Volcano Black Absolute Granite, the compression strength of which is 19,000 psi/130,000 kpa and the tension strength of which is 700 psi/4,800 kpa; this is the 4th densest material on earth, just behind Diamond, Carbon and Quartz!

Exclusive Distributor http://www.floydrose.com

Web: http://www.stonetoneproducts.com

Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Stone-Tone-Products

:lol: :LOL: having a great knowledge of the physics of sounds and ultrasound. I was formerly chief of ultrasound a large hospital and the physic of ultrasound and sound with hearing range are similar if not identical re solids, liquids, transduction, reflection, etc.

But if your ears tell you it's better, the science is secondary.

coolfeel":1ltcb3uc said:
Any noticeable change in tone?
Yes, The low was tight and articulate, the harmonics screamed! Increased clarity, Palm mutes, tapping, sweeps, you name it, all sounded so much better.

IntenseJim":32n0mxbo said:
Stonetone® Products":32n0mxbo said:
On Air Interview with Inventor/owner operator/President Robert Di Santo of Stone Tone®. Stone Tone® Products is the manufacture of these patented and Trademarked granite tremolo blocks that are designed to enhance and strengthen the sound of your tremolo-equipped instrument across the entire audio spectrum.

Granite, when quarried in its natural state, is not only of an ideal density for the purpose of sustain, but also has a crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transference—it requires no factory processing or dilution, and the natural change in sound upon installation, is so drastic that signal loss from the guitar to the amplifier will be decreased by at least 30%. The blocks are crafted from Volcano Black Absolute Granite, the compression strength of which is 19,000 psi/130,000 kpa and the tension strength of which is 700 psi/4,800 kpa; this is the 4th densest material on earth, just behind Diamond, Carbon and Quartz!

Exclusive Distributor http://www.floydrose.com

Web: http://www.stonetoneproducts.com

Company Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Stone-Tone-Products

:lol: :LOL: having a great knowledge of the physics of sounds and ultrasound. I was formerly chief of ultrasound a large hospital and the physic of ultrasound and sound with hearing range are similar if not identical re solids, liquids, transduction, reflection, etc.

But if your ears tell you it's better, the science is secondary.

From top Geo Physicists, the Granite we use is the "optimum transducer" for any stringed instrument comprised of a bridge system. The Science is paramount to all the findings of this concept regarding how this natural composition reacts under pressure and vibration.

The piezoelectric effect is very useful within many applications that involve the production and detection of sound, generation of high voltages, electronic frequency generation, microbalances, and ultra fine focusing of optical assemblies. It is also the basis of a number of scientific instrumental techniques with atomic resolution, such as scanning probe microscopes (STM, AFM, etc).

Crystals in particular which acquire a charge when compressed, twisted or distorted are said to be piezoelectric. This provides a convenient transducer effect between electrical and mechanical oscillations. Quartz demonstrates this property and is extremely stable.

Here is some general data on the mineral composition of the material we use for all of the rock blocks.

By definition, granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz and up to 65% alkali feldspar by volume.
These rocks mainly consist of feldspar, quartz, mica, and amphibole minerals, which form interlocking, somewhat equigranular matrix of feldspar and quartz with scattered darker biotite mica and amphibole (often hornblende).

Attachments

• 977863_430753803689944_963415913_o.jpg
    977863_430753803689944_963415913_o.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 3,254
  • 580327_425577734207551_862616888_n.jpg
    580327_425577734207551_862616888_n.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 3,249
UberschallEL34":13fu6qx3 said:

this dude knows tone - his guitar faces are on par with Paul Gilbert :lol: :LOL:
Please tell me you didn't use Paul Gilbert in the same sentence as this guy...please.... :doh:

Racerxrated":zfgvn1gd said:
UberschallEL34":zfgvn1gd said:

this dude knows tone - his guitar faces are on par with Paul Gilbert :lol: :LOL:
Please tell me you didn't use Paul Gilbert in the same sentence as this guy...please.... :doh:
:banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

Ronny North?
Oh yea, he is a great friend and pro guitarist I've known since 2005 and respected by many in the industry.
Anyone here a Namm member or attended any Winter or summer Namm shows or contribute to the music products industry ?
Produced any albums or video to speak of ? Currently on Tour or toured in the past Nationally or internationally ?
Ronny also uses 9 Rock Blocks on his main stage guitars. Floyd Rose endorses him as well as Stone Tone®.
He is a great asset to our company. :thumbsup:

Stonetone® Products":16scefti said:
Ronny North?
Oh yea, he is a great friend and pro guitarist I've known since 2005 and respected by many in the industry.
Anyone here a Namm member or attended any Winter or summer Namm shows or contribute to the music products industry ?
Produced any albums or video to speak of ? Currently on Tour or toured in the past Nationally or internationally ?
Ronny also uses 9 Rock Blocks on his main stage guitars. Floyd Rose endorses him as well as Stone Tone®.
And with all those accolades, I don't think anyone here has ever heard of him. I have an idea....why don't you give some of these to us for free so we can try them? Then WE will endorse YOU!

Stonetone® Products":rcknzowm said:
Ronny North?

Dude insulting your customers might be detrimental to your company. You Would be better off ignoring the haters and even basic criticism than reacting the way you do. Try to avoid self destruct mode, Robert.

Bluplirst":32p3x0gp said:
Stonetone® Products":32p3x0gp said:
Ronny North?

Dude insulting your customers might be detrimental to your company. You Would be better off ignoring the haters and even basic criticism than reacting the way you do. Try to avoid self destruct mode, Robert.

:lol: :LOL: DUUDE, You're a funny guy. :checkthisout: Thanks for your concern yet we are growing constantly and haters only make us greater besides entertaining.. :lol: :LOL:

Racerxrated":3im9x6wr said:
Stonetone® Products":3im9x6wr said:
Ronny North?
And with all those accolades, I don't think anyone here has ever heard of him. I have an idea....why don't you give some of these to us for free so we can try them? Then WE will endorse YOU!

You're full of ideas. :hys:

We don't do free unless you're a touring artist, sell out stadiums or has a history of success like Chris Poland, George Lynch, Ira Black, Jeff Loomis, Greg Howe and so on.

The blocks are $110.50 ea. artist pricing is available for those who qualify.

Stonetone® Products":2dlwf91w said:
Bluplirst":2dlwf91w said:
Stonetone® Products":2dlwf91w said:
Ronny North?

:lol: :LOL: DUUDE, You're a funny guy. :checkthisout: Thanks for your concern yet we are growing constantly and haters only make us greater besides entertaining.. :lol: :LOL:

That's a fantastic business model you've got there. Good luck.

Stonetone® Products":37egaiwn said:

Serious question: Do you really believe the "marketing" approach you're taking in this thread is such that it adds value to your company image and brand?

Bob Savage":11p82h4q said:
Stonetone® Products":11p82h4q said:

Serious question: Do you really believe the "marketing" approach you're taking in this thread is such that it adds value to your company image and brand?

To those who have had valid questions yes, and to those who insult and throw out untruths, rants and the like no.

Back nov 19th 2013 when Floyd announced the press release some folks I know suggested to post here yet this thread was already ongoing with hate and jokers so I tried to converse about the product than get into a pissing match with many that have no clue of how and why this product works.

Is it really necessary to insult Ronny North, Chris Poland and many others? What does that contribute other than ignorance that goes nowhere?

Why do you think Scott Gailor never came back to post the video he was going to produce...

Isn't Rig Talk about just that? your rig and gear associated..

There will always be folks who don't agree but are the insults really necessary?

I'll speak my mind the way I see fit and as of now this post should answer your question sir. :)

Stonetone® Products":18cxub89 said:
Bob Savage":18cxub89 said:
Stonetone® Products":18cxub89 said:

To those who have had valid questions yes, and to those who insult and throw out untruths, rants and the like no.

Back nov 19th 2013 when Floyd announced the press release some folks I know suggested to post here yet this thread was already ongoing with hate and jokers so I tried to converse about the product than get into a pissing match with many that have no clue of how and why this product works.

Is it really necessary to insult Ronny North, Chris Poland and many others? What does that contribute other than ignorance that goes nowhere?

Why do you think Scott Gailor never came back to post the video he was going to produce...

Isn't Rig Talk about just that? your rig and gear associated..

There will always be folks who don't agree but are the insults really necessary?

I'll speak my mind the way I see fit and as of now this post should answer your question sir. :)

Something you're missing here is that this thread, on numerous occasions, has been dead and gone only for you to jump in with the same old spam-style posting. You know that posting without satisfying the criteria that others in this thread have expressed as concerns will surely be met with sarcasm, disdain, ridicule and hyper-scepticism.
I'm not gonna lie, I've thought about locking this thread many times, if it weren't for everyone chiming in every now and the to try to get you to conduct experiments with a scientific approach, it would look eerily familiar to the nike, adidas and kitchen spambot threads that pop up every so often.

Back