Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

• Thread starter Thread starter shgshg
  • Start date Start date
To all you guys that have posted here,

For all of you don't believe in the Stone Tone® product that's just fine, yet my intent was to promote my products here and have discussions and give some insight on how and why it works the way it does.

I love every aspect about music and always have so I feel I have answered enough posts here and defiantly didn't want to be involved in all the controversy that's not productive with all I have ongoing so with saying that I wish you all the best with your musical endeavors.

Sincerely,
Stone Tone®

tfridgen":h4o3bqvn said:
Stonetone® Products":h4o3bqvn said:
Bob Savage":h4o3bqvn said:
Stonetone® Products":h4o3bqvn said:
:lol: :LOL: DUUDE, You're a funny guy. :checkthisout: Thanks for your concern yet we are growing constantly and haters only make us greater besides entertaining.. :lol: :LOL:

Serious question: Do you really believe the "marketing" approach you're taking in this thread is such that it adds value to your company image and brand?

To those who have had valid questions yes, and to those who insult and throw out untruths, rants and the like no.

Back nov 19th 2013 when Floyd announced the press release some folks I know suggested to post here yet this thread was already ongoing with hate and jokers so I tried to converse about the product than get into a pissing match with many that have no clue of how and why this product works.

Is it really necessary to insult Ronny North, Chris Poland and many others? What does that contribute other than ignorance that goes nowhere?

Why do you think Scott Gailor never came back to post the video he was going to produce...

Isn't Rig Talk about just that? your rig and gear associated..

There will always be folks who don't agree but are the insults really necessary?

I'll speak my mind the way I see fit and as of now this post should answer your question sir. :)

Something you're missing here is that this thread, on numerous occasions, has been dead and gone only for you to jump in with the same old spam-style posting. You know that posting without satisfying the criteria that others in this thread have expressed as concerns will surely be met with sarcasm, disdain, ridicule and hyper-scepticism.
I'm not gonna lie, I've thought about locking this thread many times, if it weren't for everyone chiming in every now and the to try to get you to conduct experiments with a scientific approach, it would look eerily familiar to the nike, adidas and kitchen spambot threads that pop up every so often.

There are plenty of videos out there to view and testimonies to read that i have posted here and there is plenty of science to explore on this material related to the piezo effect including the info of my Patents. The science is Proprietary to the patents and I don't have the license from those sources to post publicly. Thank you for allowing this post to go for as long as it has.

And just to think ALL IT WOULD HAVE TOOK was to give ONE block to ANY regular here to test out and report back with their findings :confused:
Me personally? I Do NOT care if you have poland,north,loomis,etc,etc proclaiming these are the
best thing since sliced bread!
These guys are endorsing your product so they kind of have to give your product props
I would have been a lot more convinced if you did like i said and gave one to a guy like
pete thorn( but not as a endorsement!) to run it through the paces and then report back what he found about the tone change.
That way myself and others would know he is just stating what he found and not some over hype
because he is a endorser of said product! ;)

Ok guys. I bought one because I couldn't find a 32mm Floyd titanium block. I'll let ya know what I think...

Steve

Stonetone® Products":ncehm4x8 said:
Here is some general data on the mineral composition of the material we use for all of the rock blocks.

By definition, granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz and up to 65% alkali feldspar by volume.
These rocks mainly consist of feldspar, quartz, mica, and amphibole minerals, which form interlocking, somewhat equigranular matrix of feldspar and quartz with scattered darker biotite mica and amphibole (often hornblende).

Copying and pasting information about granite from wikipedia and then spouting a bunch of pseduo-scientific gobledygook doesn't make you an inventor nor a scientist. Everything you've said so far is nonsense. Granite is not the fourth densest material on earth. Not even close. Granite has no significant piezoelectric properties and even if it did that would be useless for purposes of a guitar bridge. Igneous rocks, in general, are not terribly dense and are not terribly good conductors of sound. Medium to high density metals (steel, brass, etc.) are far better conductors of sound. That said we are not even sure what properties make the best bridge. Perhaps the "best" material is one that doesn't conduct the acoustic energy thereby dissipating less. Until you can show measurements that prove a theory you are nothing but a poorly veiled charlatan. Sustain is an easily measurable quantity. Hook a 'scope up to the guitar and pluck the string. Measure the time until the response is some percentage of the initial voltage. Change the bridge and repeat. Verify the results with an independent lab. Then you'll have some credibility.

I studied acoustics for 15 years prior to my current job and have several inventions to my credit in that field. Nothing you say has any scientific basis and everyone here is stupider for having listened to it.

sah5150":jfbla9od said:
Ok guys. I bought one because I couldn't find a 32mm Floyd titanium block. I'll let ya know what I think...

Steve
:rock: NOW we will all know! :thumbsup:

sah5150":20mstv33 said:

Steve

You are the man Steve! Probably one of the first rockblocks that has been paid for...

sah5150":14vtl8tx said:

Steve
NOW WERE TALKING :rock:
I have no doubt whatsoever Steve will give us the straight poop.
I also dont doubt that the involved artist's like the product, I just know the clip I heard had amp settings changed.
Carry on Steve :rock:

I have a honest question for the mods, why is this guy allowed to post over and over here to shill his product? I mean when I want to sell something I have to put it in the classifieds and posts pictures etc etc and follow all of these rules. This guy just keeps shilling and bumping this thread endlessly with the obvious intent of selling his product all the while not giving us the evidence we asked for and insulting all of us as well as very long standing members of this forum. Why is this allowed? I don't think I've ever seen any other manufacturer do this especially in the main forum. Just asking....

RG955TT":1zst3lep said:
I have a honest question for the mods, why is this guy allowed to post over and over here to shill his product? I mean when I want to sell something I have to put it in the classifieds and posts pictures etc etc and follow all of these rules. This guy just keeps shilling and bumping this thread endlessly with the obvious intent of selling his product all the while not giving us the evidence we asked for and insulting all of us as well as very long standing members of this forum. Why is this allowed? I don't think I've ever seen any other manufacturer do this especially in the main forum. Just asking....

Can't speak for everyone, but probably because I'm new and don't know what I'm doing :D
Actually, I thought everyone was policing it pretty well, asking for better clips and such. I figured if someeone wants to shill their product(that isn't nikes or adidas) they better damn well be able to back up their claims, and if they can't do it within their own thread, they're probably in trouble. That and I thought everyone was having fun :)

Bluplirst":1mspykzy said:
sah5150":1mspykzy said:

Steve

You are the man Steve! Probably one of the first rockblocks that has been paid for...
Yeah and even if steve says it is everything that robert was claiming i still do not like the way robert went about spaming the rock block here.
Steve should have gotten one free to demo just as poland,loomis or north did :confused:
and dont give me that crap line that steve is not a touring,recording artist, point is he is still a artist and can play better than north any day of the week! :thumbsup:

sah5150":2xkb5bun said:

Steve

Are you going to do a variable controlled comparison so the before and after can be heard? I'd be glad to come over and participate if so.

charvelstrat81":1qqil5f2 said:
And just to think ALL IT WOULD HAVE TOOK was to give ONE block to ANY regular here to test out and report back with their findings :confused:
Me personally? I Do NOT care if you have poland,north,loomis,etc,etc proclaiming these are the
best thing since sliced bread!
These guys are endorsing your product so they kind of have to give your product props
I would have been a lot more convinced if you did like i said and gave one to a guy like
pete thorn( but not as a endorsement!) to run it through the paces and then report back what he found about the tone change.
That way myself and others would know he is just stating what he found and not some over hype
because he is a endorser of said product! ;)

cool...interested in your take on this block. We can go over all the scientific data in terms of granite vs brass vs titanium vs snake oil but what matters is how they sound to the ears and how feel and play.

Shawn Lutz":2itjnwlj said:
cool...interested in your take on this block. We can go over all the scientific data in terms of granite vs brass vs titanium vs snake oil but what matters is how they sound to the ears and how feel and play.

Exactly. I couldn't care less about scientific analysis, substrate density, etc. All that matters is what I hear and feel for me to determine what's "good" and "best."

cliffc8488":36dsap5o said:
Stonetone® Products":36dsap5o said:
Here is some general data on the mineral composition of the material we use for all of the rock blocks.

By definition, granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz and up to 65% alkali feldspar by volume.
These rocks mainly consist of feldspar, quartz, mica, and amphibole minerals, which form interlocking, somewhat equigranular matrix of feldspar and quartz with scattered darker biotite mica and amphibole (often hornblende).

Copying and pasting information about granite from wikipedia and then spouting a bunch of pseduo-scientific gobledygook doesn't make you an inventor nor a scientist. Everything you've said so far is nonsense. Granite is not the fourth densest material on earth. Not even close. Granite has no significant piezoelectric properties and even if it did that would be useless for purposes of a guitar bridge. Igneous rocks, in general, are not terribly dense and are not terribly good conductors of sound. Medium to high density metals (steel, brass, etc.) are far better conductors of sound. That said we are not even sure what properties make the best bridge. Perhaps the "best" material is one that doesn't conduct the acoustic energy thereby dissipating less. Until you can show measurements that prove a theory you are nothing but a poorly veiled charlatan. Sustain is an easily measurable quantity. Hook a 'scope up to the guitar and pluck the string. Measure the time until the response is some percentage of the initial voltage. Change the bridge and repeat. Verify the results with an independent lab. Then you'll have some credibility.

I studied acoustics for 15 years prior to my current job and have several inventions to my credit in that field. Nothing you say has any scientific basis and everyone here is stupider for having listened to it.

This ^^^. Thanks for the clarity Cliff.

Bob Savage":254v5vcj said:
sah5150":254v5vcj said:

Steve

Are you going to do a variable controlled comparison so the before and after can be heard? I'd be glad to come over and participate if so.
Nah, I'm gonna give my subjective opinion based on having used normal size brass, big block brass and titanium blocks in a variety of Floyd-equipped guitars. No way I'm taking a Floyd apart twice, making clips, etc... unless someone's paying me to do so. :D

Based on my experience, I can tell if the thing makes a difference or not....

Steve

sah5150":2bmmh3qk said:
Nah, I'm gonna give my subjective opinion based on having used normal size brass, big block brass and titanium blocks in a variety of Floyd-equipped guitars. No way I'm taking a Floyd apart twice, making clips, etc... unless someone's paying me to do so. :D

Steve

This is more than good enough for me to know IF i will want to buy one :rock:
I am positive you will be able to tell right off the bat, especially if you install it on your main squeeze.
:yes: :thumbsup:

sah5150":kb2lr1qo said:

Steve

I'll bring over a 6 pack. Is that payment enough? :lol: :LOL:

Bob Savage":3chxo32d said:
sah5150":3chxo32d said:

Steve

I'll bring over a 6 pack. Is that payment enough? :lol: :LOL:
It's tempting...

Steve

Back