Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

• Thread starter Thread starter shgshg
  • Start date Start date
sah5150":16xk559f said:
charvelstrat81":16xk559f said:
sah5150":16xk559f said:
Bob Savage":16xk559f said:
messenger":16xk559f said:
Record before the change and then after. Only have to take it apart once ;)

I'm fairly certain that the guitar currently has no bridge installed.
Correctamundo!

Steve
Steve this "test" guitar, what body wood? does the guitar have a good natural sustain/tone?
Ok, I'm gonna use this guitar... It sounds very loud acoustically, but I haven't hooked up the electronics yet (waiting for a jackplate).

Chambered swamp ash body with spalted flame maple top. Flame maple quartersawn neck with bocote fingerboard. OX4 PAF clone pickups and a solid titanium Floyd/Floyd nut.

Ok, good news is I had to build the guitar to make sure everything was cool and I just used the 42mm Ti block I had in the Floyd. It is too big, but it is cool to test it. I'll actually be able to hear before and after.

I need to take the guitar apart to do a headstock logo and I'll test the stone block when I re-assemble it...

spalty_test.jpg

spalty_test_2.jpg

spalty_test_4.jpg

spalty_test_3.jpg

Steve

Nice. You should start putting "Henning" on your guitar builds

Steve, you almost have that thing finished, make a 1 minuite clip of that thing before you swap blocks :gethim: :gethim:
20 seconds of grind, 20 seconds of lead, and 20 seconds of clean so we can finally get the A/B test he should have done in the first place..
Same amp, same settings, same mike and mike position, same volume. Only diff being the block itself...
Pretty Please??
:yes:
BTW, that build looks awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shawn Lutz":344ws7kh said:
sah5150":344ws7kh said:
Shawn Lutz":344ws7kh said:
that fretboard is awesome...cool build. Is that a Warmoth body?
Thanks, and yup, Warmoth... you can tell by the massive electronics cavity route. :(

Steve

lol...yeah that was the give away but the engraving on the neck plate made me question if someone else love big control routes.
Yeah, that Grover neck plate just came from my star...

Steve

Ventura":3cytcgvp said:
sah5150":3cytcgvp said:
Shawn Lutz":3cytcgvp said:
that fretboard is awesome...cool build. Is that a Warmoth body?
Thanks, and yup, Warmoth... you can tell by the massive electronics cavity route. :(

Steve
Bocote fingerboard, eh?? Didn't Rickenbacker used to use this wood??

I'm still keen on a BYI from Warmoth or that other company I can't remember it's name right now (from the US as well).

Beauty guitar Steve. Gorgeous.
Thanks man!

Yeah, Rickenbacker may have been using Bocote. It's pretty much like Rosewood, but just has crazier looking grain if you get a good piece.

Steve

messenger":30wyjfi5 said:
Nice. You should start putting "Henning" on your guitar builds
Thanks, but I'm just a hack assembling pieces from Musikraft, Warmth and the like...

Steve

JTyson":10ei9rys said:
Steve, you almost have that thing finished, make a 1 minuite clip of that thing before you swap blocks :gethim: :gethim:
20 seconds of grind, 20 seconds of lead, and 20 seconds of clean so we can finally get the A/B test he should have done in the first place..
Same amp, same settings, same mike and mike position, same volume. Only diff being the block itself...
Pretty Please??
OK, will do. I just need to get the jackplate first. I will make before and after clips...

Steve

sah5150":1b4dmdrf said:
JTyson":1b4dmdrf said:
Pretty Please??
OK, will do. I just need to get the jackplate first. I will make before and after clips...

Steve
Is the stone block in your possession now?

sah5150":vazgwzcv said:
JTyson":vazgwzcv said:
Pretty Please??

Steve
:rock: :rock: :rock:

charvelstrat81":wm5fv9m3 said:
sah5150":wm5fv9m3 said:
JTyson":wm5fv9m3 said:
Pretty Please??

Steve
Is the stone block in your possession now?
Unfortunately, no. USPS screwed me - was supposed to be here today. USPS also screwed me on the jackplate. Should have been here Wed, still nowhere to be found. :gethim:

Steve

I'm also wondering about the difference in the blocks with the guitar not plugged in at all. Thats actually how I first test any guitar I've ever gotten. :yes:

All I care about is whether I can hear a difference in a mix. Yeah, I said it.

Bob Savage":1o41lpib said:

yeah..same here and with anything else tone related I do a cost analysis on whether or not the $110 block has enough difference in the quality of tone i hear with my set of ears, and if I like feel and player response.

Shawn Lutz":3mdsw1h5 said:
Bob Savage":3mdsw1h5 said:

yeah..same here and with anything else tone related I do a cost analysis on whether or not the $110 block has enough difference in the quality of tone i hear with my set of ears, and if I like feel and player response.

I was being partially facetious because I do care about how a guitar feels and even how it sounds without accompaniment, but in the end the style of guitar I play is 99.5% in the context of music so ultimately what comes through there is all that matters as you said, to my ears.

I find it interesting that with Steve's test pending the Stonetone guy has gone silent...for once. Yeah! Look forward to hearing the review Steve, can't think of a better guy to test it out.

RG955TT":1782t9om said:
I find it interesting that with Steve's test pending the Stonetone guy has gone silent...for once. Yeah! Look forward to hearing the review Steve, can't think of a better guy to test it out.
Thanks for posting this, i was definitely thinking this very same thought.
he has not posted one reply since steve mentioned ordering one :thumbsdown:
where's all the "hype" from him now?

Yeah, funny isn't it? We'll see....should be interesting. And maybe this thread can then die!

RG955TT":3go2u1ik said:
Yeah, funny isn't it? We'll see....should be interesting. And maybe this thread can then die!
Yeah i hear that, but for steve's sake and the $$$ he put out for one i hope the block at least lives up to half the hype and is not a total wash :thumbsup:

RG955TT":13l3ghtf said:

Actually before Steve mentioned he ordered one the stone tone guy put up this post saying he was done with this thread. I think someone higher up somewhere told him to be done posting in the thread imo.

Stonetone wrote;

To all you guys that have posted here,

For all of you don't believe in the Stone Tone® product that's just fine, yet my intent was to promote my products here and have discussions and give some insight on how and why it works the way it does.

I love every aspect about music and always have so I feel I have answered enough posts here and defiantly didn't want to be involved in all the controversy that's not productive with all I have ongoing so with saying that I wish you all the best with your musical endeavors.

Sincerely,
Stone Tone®

RG955TT":2rwbrk7x said:
Yeah and then he posted again right after that one lol!

Yes, he posted 1 more time but it was still a couple hrs before steve posted saying he ordered one. He has not logged in since that last post. He may have read steve's post when he was unlogged but imo like I said he was already done with the thread. Not defending him just calling it like I see it.

Back