Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah plays the Meathead

• Thread starter Thread starter tokyo tapes
  • Start date Start date
Why would anyone dime the settings on the amp to make a recording?

Fucking awful...

I used to like meshuggah, till they all started playing bass. :no:

:thumbsdown: As others have said, making an awesome amp sound like shit is a hard to thing to do, but he managed it.

Seems like he's just screwing around........listen to the laughter on the video........have some of you even listened to Meshuggah? You would know that they are pretty talented musicians...... :dunno:

Well, if you did notice, the first clip is the CLEAN channel dimed. That means every control of the amp on max. Of course that is going to sound a bit weird, but it also showes that Fredrik isn't your average guy :D and that he's always looking for new sounds.
We will post proper clips that will be professionally recorded, so stay tuned.

/Ulf

This sounds alot better. I'm all for detuning, but there is such a thing as too low ! I thought even SYL sounded like shit with that low 'G' string on their last two albums.

Wow, that sounds absolutely horrible!!!! I don't even think I could get a crate practice amp to sound that bad, if I tried!

shred-o-holic":2jv12l9c said:
Seems like he's just screwing around........listen to the laughter on the video........have some of you even listened to Meshuggah? You would know that they are pretty talented musicians...... :dunno:

This is Rig Talk dude. Rig Talk. Meshuggah are way too modern!

Random Hero":ppyn7enj said:
shred-o-holic":ppyn7enj said:

Speak for yourself. Ive been listening to Meshuggah for years.

Random Hero":2one7juz said:
shred-o-holic":2one7juz said:

I own three of their albums, guys are beasts on guitar.

Digital Jams":39fdz0kc said:
Random Hero":39fdz0kc said:
shred-o-holic":39fdz0kc said:

Yeah and I'd gather because this is rig talk, you don't listen to Devin either..... :lol: :LOL:

I know I love the 80's but I think people would be surprised by what I actually listen to ;)

Come on guys, this is just a tuned down bass. You know better than this. Maybe if they played a decent guitar tuned to pitch, he'd sound good. I guess not everyone has the gift of tone though! :lol: :LOL:

I like alot of new metal. That video just sucked for trying to show that amp thats all. :thumbsup:

Gainfreak":1sdxajy2 said:
Digital Jams":1sdxajy2 said:
Random Hero":1sdxajy2 said:
shred-o-holic":1sdxajy2 said:

Yeah and I'd gather because this is rig talk, you don't listen to Devin either..... :lol: :LOL:

I know I love the 80's but I think people would be surprised by what I actually listen to ;)

Devin?

Never heard of him. Wasn't he in Danger Kitty back in 83?

Back