Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah plays the Meathead

• Thread starter Thread starter tokyo tapes
  • Start date Start date
I was kidding by the way guys. Well kinda, but I think I knew Mr Jams was a fan?

Random Hero":3jn4vpvp said:
I was kidding by the way guys. Well kinda, but I think I knew Mr Jams was a fan?
To be honest with you... I can see why you would say what you did LOL.
:lol: :LOL:

It's all good!

And for the record, I don't usually talk about the more modern bands and different types of music I listen to... So that most definitely adds to holding your statement true :D

i don't know about the tone of the video or whatever, meaning i thought it twas i bit shitty, but meshuggah kicks ass, and what else, as for 8 strings i play one and i guess it just depends on settings (along with anything else) as to how your low E in my case comes out, i mean i can fart or grind and i prefer somewhere in the middle, ???, fuck it i suck

Hey guys, I'm Jocke Skog and responsible for the falstudios youtube page. I got really surprised of all the "shame on him for making that amp sound bad" comments. Then I felt that it was an awesome display of my powers. To be able to make grown men cry like that. ;)

If you look to the right there's more "real" Meathead videos. We simply "broke the rules" (yeah right) of amp behaviour and made the clean channel sound awesome! And we had fun doing it, and that's the point. Having fun using the best gear in the world, right? :)

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Poor Mike, all the R-D that went into that design, and then this :no: :no: ............ sorry Mike ;)

Clawfinger":2exserg0 said:
Hey guys, I'm Jocke Skog and responsible for the falstudios youtube page. I got really surprised of all the "shame on him for making that amp sound bad" comments. Then I felt that it was an awesome display of my powers. To be able to make grown men cry like that. ;)

If you look to the right there's more "real" Meathead videos. We simply "broke the rules" (yeah right) of amp behaviour and made the clean channel sound awesome! And we had fun doing it, and that's the point. Having fun using the best gear in the world, right? :)

Point taken, and I agree, its all fun. I just thought it sounded terrible. most of it was the tuning ;)

JTyson":tsynxass said:
Point taken, and I agree, its all fun. I just thought it sounded terrible. most of it was the tuning ;)

No problem at all. I'm a 6-stringer myself, even though I have a special love for Baritone guitars in Drop A. :rock:

JTyson":14lovy9q said:
Poor Mike, all the R-D that went into that design, and then this :no: :no: ............ sorry Mike ;)
+100 :thumbsup:
This is exactly what I thought when I watched it. :lol: :LOL:

I really really doubt.....that this represents the amp at full potential. :confused:

Clawfinger":gf4cyiy3 said:

Ulf got you to join the forum? Cool, welcome. :rock:

Arild

rocker":5aemcmbq said:
Ulf got you to join the forum? Cool, welcome. :rock:

Arild

Thanks Arild. I planned on joining earlier, but something with the activation didn't work, but I tried it again after Ulf told me about this thread. :)

Clawfinger":3dye9sri said:
We simply "broke the rules" (yeah right) of amp behaviour and made the clean channel sound awesome! And we had fun doing it, and that's the point. Having fun using the best gear in the world, right? :)

Way cool, because one mans "awesome" is another mans "sounds dildos" :lol: :LOL: If I'm ever in a position to need a full length album of "sounds dildos" tones I know where to go :rock:

* velcro-fly *":2d79cug7 said:
Way cool, because one mans "awesome" is another mans "sounds dildos" :lol: :LOL: If I'm ever in a position to need a full length album of "sounds dildos" tones I know where to go :rock:

Sure thing, man! We also have "disgusting", "sounds like ass", "WTF?" and my favorite: "could've done it myself". :D

Wow that sounds like crap! I didn't know you could make that thing sound like garbage. I would be pissed if I was Mike Fortin and saw this on YouTube. :aww:

I didnt like it. I just plain don't really like the way guitar sounds below C tuning anymore. On bands cd's it sounds ok, but I never tune that low anymore, guitar is so much crisper and better sounding to my ears in D or E.

Wait a minute, I think we are missing the point. You had Fredrik Thordendahl in the room and you didn't blow him? :gethim: :lol: :LOL:

I blame the person who set the amp. The only amp I know of that ever sounded 'good', and I emphasize good because it's not great either, with gain, volume, and all EQ's maxed is a JCM800, and that amp isn't one, and Fredrik Thordendahl isn't Kerry King either. Poor, I think all of the mayhem in this thread could have been avoided had somebody spent ten minutes tweaking the low end out and bringing some mids and clarity to the tone.

Well I think the clip sounds like hammered shit but I'm sure that they were having fun!!

As far as what Mike Fortin thinks? Well I won't speak for him but Knowing Mike I'm sure that he is just digging the fact that Fredrik got to check out his amp !!! :rock: :rock:

Meh, cut him a little slack guys, he never said this was the end-all guitar tone, they found somthing on the CLEAN channel that sounded different and had some fun with it. We all know what the guys from Meshuggah are capable of :rock: :rock: I doubt any of us pee-ons will ever accomplish half of what those guys have already done ;)

Back