Great review of the new BE 50

• Thread starter Thread starter motorboy1
  • Start date Start date
SavageRiffer":1un2mxn3 said:
napalmdeath":1un2mxn3 said:
glip22":1un2mxn3 said:
Is this your amp OP? If so that sucks but it happens and it will be resolved professionally by Dave and his dealer. Definitelty an inconvenience but you won't lose a dime of your money.
If it's not your amp what is your place to post this? It makes you look bad so I hope it's your amp. It doesn't point negatively to Freidman or his amps at all. Shit happens. We are talking about tubes and electronics. It obviously checked out fine in QC since it worked for 3 days.

Seems like some butthurt here. Who cares if it's not his amp? I agree, shit happens, but it seems shit's been happening with the Friedmans of late.

No thanks. I had some suspect things going on with the Runt 50 I bought before I returned it, and there's been a good handful of issues both here and TGP.

Great service/support or not, $3500 is alot of money. This could be a tube, however. That, you can't avoid. Not sure if they're still using JJ or Chinese, or still mix of both in the preamp, but both suck in the reliability department. Relabeled ARS.

At any rate, it seems the majority of issues have been non-tube related. That's the scary part.

These are the kinds of irresponsible comments which start rumors. On a forum where Friedman has its own sub-forum, of course you're going to see issues brought centrally for discussion here. What kind of logic deducts that it somehow reflects on the company's product quality and service? The fact that Friedman has a presence on this forum and actively listens to customers speaks volumes.

In the two instances where I've sought help from Dave Friedman, he has been generous in helping and precise in his assessments. Because of these experiences with Friedman amps, I feel very secure investing thousands in an amp. I don't assume that because out of thousands of amps sold worldwide that somehow the ones that end up here for discussion reflects on how well or poorly the products perform.

Someone who has been around the forum long enough like yourself should know that people seek information from Internet searches, and whomever stumbles upon this main source of discussion for whatever featured manufacturer may leave with a false impression. I was one of the people who recently sought support on my Friedman amp, and some good support I found indeed, but Dave Friedman was awesome in taking care of my amp.

Who's starting "rumors", I didn't start the damn thread? I would have been checking tubes ASAP before posting a video or flying off the handle. I know their service is tops, I had to message Dave on here myself when I had a concern about the Runt 50 I had, and he was super responsive.

My point was, NON-TUBE RELATED issues would make me nervous buying a $3500 amp. YOU posted an issue, (albeit a used amp, but very new), there was a couple others here of late, and a couple over at TGP. I reiterrate, I have no disputes to the level of service either Friedman or Sweetwater offer, both are top-notch. I'd have issues with the inconvenience of "warranty" repair of a new amp.

LP Freak":1l0qc5kd said:
psychodave":1l0qc5kd said:
RACKSYSTEMS":1l0qc5kd said:
Thanks for your great coment Dave always helpful.. Ill bet 100% that its a bad jj first input tube. V1 its a JJ every so often they just die.. has nothing to do with shipping or anything. The fact that both channels do it tell me its V1. Which is why the pop.. who is it and where do we send you some?

Although I may take a shot across your bow every one in a while, I do respect that you chime in and help often. :thumbsup:
Dave’s a great guy, so why do you feel it’s necessary to take shots period?
I agree... Dave has helped and given great advice to me as well for things unrelated to Friedman products. I have absolutely no issues investing in Friedman gear. :thumbsup: My wife on the other hand... she may have a few issues with me investing in more Friedman gear :lol: :LOL:

errrrrl":jr7zlq2o said:
LP Freak":jr7zlq2o said:
psychodave":jr7zlq2o said:
RACKSYSTEMS":jr7zlq2o said:
Thanks for your great coment Dave always helpful.. Ill bet 100% that its a bad jj first input tube. V1 its a JJ every so often they just die.. has nothing to do with shipping or anything. The fact that both channels do it tell me its V1. Which is why the pop.. who is it and where do we send you some?

Although I may take a shot across your bow every one in a while, I do respect that you chime in and help often. :thumbsup:
I agree... Dave has helped and given great advice to me as well for things unrelated to Friedman products. I have absolutely no issues investing in Friedman gear. :thumbsup: My wife on the other hand... she may have a few issues with me investing in more Friedman gear :lol: :LOL:
I know these feels...

napalmdeath":3f9jfxzn said:
SavageRiffer":3f9jfxzn said:
napalmdeath":3f9jfxzn said:
glip22":3f9jfxzn said:
Is this your amp OP? If so that sucks but it happens and it will be resolved professionally by Dave and his dealer. Definitelty an inconvenience but you won't lose a dime of your money.
If it's not your amp what is your place to post this? It makes you look bad so I hope it's your amp. It doesn't point negatively to Freidman or his amps at all. Shit happens. We are talking about tubes and electronics. It obviously checked out fine in QC since it worked for 3 days.

Seems like some butthurt here. Who cares if it's not his amp? I agree, shit happens, but it seems shit's been happening with the Friedmans of late.

No thanks. I had some suspect things going on with the Runt 50 I bought before I returned it, and there's been a good handful of issues both here and TGP.

Great service/support or not, $3500 is alot of money. This could be a tube, however. That, you can't avoid. Not sure if they're still using JJ or Chinese, or still mix of both in the preamp, but both suck in the reliability department. Relabeled ARS.

At any rate, it seems the majority of issues have been non-tube related. That's the scary part.

These are the kinds of irresponsible comments which start rumors. On a forum where Friedman has its own sub-forum, of course you're going to see issues brought centrally for discussion here. What kind of logic deducts that it somehow reflects on the company's product quality and service? The fact that Friedman has a presence on this forum and actively listens to customers speaks volumes.

In the two instances where I've sought help from Dave Friedman, he has been generous in helping and precise in his assessments. Because of these experiences with Friedman amps, I feel very secure investing thousands in an amp. I don't assume that because out of thousands of amps sold worldwide that somehow the ones that end up here for discussion reflects on how well or poorly the products perform.

Someone who has been around the forum long enough like yourself should know that people seek information from Internet searches, and whomever stumbles upon this main source of discussion for whatever featured manufacturer may leave with a false impression. I was one of the people who recently sought support on my Friedman amp, and some good support I found indeed, but Dave Friedman was awesome in taking care of my amp.

Who's starting "rumors", I didn't start the damn thread? I would have been checking tubes ASAP before posting a video or flying off the handle. I know their service is tops, I had to message Dave on here myself when I had a concern about the Runt 50 I had, and he was super responsive.

My point was, NON-TUBE RELATED issues would make me nervous buying a $3500 amp. YOU posted an issue, (albeit a used amp, but very new), there was a couple others here of late, and a couple over at TGP. I reiterrate, I have no disputes to the level of service either Friedman or Sweetwater offer, both are top-notch. I'd have issues with the inconvenience of "warranty" repair of a new amp.

All I'm saying man is that when you put things that way -- ".... Friedmans of late..." and ".... seems the majority of issues non-tube related..." -- it might give some unsuspecting Internet searcher a negative impression. I'm not attacking you on it. It's just knowing that I sought help in resolving an issue, I want to make it clear that Friedman has been nothing short of "exceeds expectations." I'd recommend a Friedman to anyone.

when you buy Friedman products, you get a great product, but what is really overlooked is the great support and attention that Dave and crew give around that product. Every product I have purchased has been backed with helpful support and information that quite honestly does not exist from some vendors.

SavageRiffer":1dmi11rb said:
All I'm saying man is that when you put things that way -- ".... Friedmans of late..." and ".... seems the majority of issues non-tube related..." -- it might give some unsuspecting Internet searcher a negative impression. I'm not attacking you on it. It's just knowing that I sought help in resolving an issue, I want to make it clear that Friedman has been nothing short of "exceeds expectations." I'd recommend a Friedman to anyone.

I'm have no doubts issues are handled, and exceed expectations of all. I'm sure an "unsuspecting internet searcher" would find that as well. Fact is, you'll find a negative impression about every amp on the market. When I bought Peavey 5150's, 6505's, etc., and joined the Peavey forums, every page has a handful of "help, problems with..."... Same with Marshall, same with Mesa, same with Bogner, same with Engl, same with Diezel, and same with Friedman. The difference is, because it's Rig-Talk, when it's Friedman, more people seem to take personal offense, and get quite riled up when anything is said that is remotely negative about their beloved ultimate fanboy amplifier. C'mon. People were coming unglued about even posting the video - like "how dare you"??

With all this said, I'm sure all will work out. Fact is, I wouldn't spend $3500 on an amp, regardless of who's name is on the badge. It's too much of a gamble.

napalmdeath":3qaelljy said:
SavageRiffer":3qaelljy said:

I'm have no doubts issues are handled, and exceed expectations of all. I'm sure an "unsuspecting internet searcher" would find that as well. Fact is, you'll find negative about every amp on the market. When I bought Peavey 5150's, 6505's, etc., and joined the Peavey forums, every page has a handful of "help, problems with..."... Same with Marshall, same with Mesa, same with Bogner, same with Engl, same with Diezel, and same with Friedman. The difference is, because it's Rig-Talk, when it's Friedman, more people seem to take personal offense, and get quite riled up when anything is said that is remotely negative about their beloved ultimate fanboy amplifier. C'mon. People were coming unglued about even posting the video - like "how dare you"??

With all this said, I'm sure all will work out.

OK man fair enough. I don't want to get into it with you. I was just saying, but I know you weren't trying to be a naysayer or whatever. I'm not a fanboi of anyone either, but after squandering so much money on gear, I've learned the hard way that you've got to go with the best domestic builders.

SavageRiffer":1ryijmos said:
OK man fair enough. I don't want to get into it with you. I was just saying, but I know you weren't trying to be a naysayer or whatever. I'm not a fanboi of anyone either, but after squandering so much money on gear, I've learned the hard way that you've got to go with the best domestic builders.

I agree... I'd love another Bogner, and have been looking at Brays. But, I buy used, anymore.

SavageRiffer":f381pmyu said:
sadistik42":f381pmyu said:
Ideal solution:

1. sell it to SavageRifferUberSnowflake
2. profit

Don't act like you know anything about me you dumb piece of shit. I've done lots of trading on this forum and contributed a lot of things to help other people out, so whoever says shit about me doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. If those are the kinds of imbeciles you choose to follow, then you're fucking worthless as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not following anyone. I've got eyes enough to see that you're an insecure snowflake who can't handle any criticism whatsoever. When called out on this, you start flinging the homophobia and threats of violence. No amount of trades will change that. I look forward to your next meltdown, inevitable ban and new alt.

Back to the topic at hand, I've got a busted Bogner I'll trade for your Warmoth partscaster with the broken trussrod. You in? I heard those stainless steel frets are great if your rage issue deathgrip eats through plain old nickel.

LP Freak":yetd3dmd said:
psychodave":yetd3dmd said:
RACKSYSTEMS":yetd3dmd said:

Good question. He gargles on that crook Cameron's balls, but takes shots at a class act like Friedman. :confused:

Look guys really 99% of all,repairs are tubes.. JJ power tubes I will never use again nor any Chinese power tubes.. not reliable at all.. using eh tubes now they seem great.. I have been trying to eliminate any and all problems we have ever encountered to make a very reliable amp.. meaning bad brands of parts or tubes etc. In this videos case it is for sure just the V1 preamp tube.

sadistik42":i43jgxai said:
SavageRiffer":i43jgxai said:
sadistik42":i43jgxai said:
Ideal solution:

1. sell it to SavageRifferUberSnowflake
2. profit

Don't act like you know anything about me you dumb piece of shit. I've done lots of trading on this forum and contributed a lot of things to help other people out, so whoever says shit about me doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. If those are the kinds of imbeciles you choose to follow, then you're fucking worthless as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not following anyone. I've got eyes enough to see that you're an insecure snowflake who can't handle any criticism whatsoever. When called out on this, you start flinging the homophobia and threats of violence. No amount of trades will change that. I look forward to your next meltdown, inevitable ban and new alt.

Back to the topic at hand, I've got a busted Bogner I'll trade for your Warmoth partscaster with the broken trussrod. You in? I heard those stainless steel frets are great if your rage issue deathgrip eats through plain old nickel.

You put your stupidity on display. The truss rod isn't broken, you dumb piece of shit. The only thing you've accomplished is showing what a pathetic moron and loser you are. I can see that you're a coward and weakling because you speak without reservation like a little prick who has never had to be accountable for his words in person. I don't know what's more disappointing, your lack of intelligence or your lack of balls to actually do anything other than run your big, ignorant mouth on the Internet.

I couldn't give a shit what you think about stainless steel frets. Go take that argument up with Eddie Van Halen, or hell, go complain to Ibanez for using stainless steel frets in their newer models. Whatever the fuck point you were trying to make about that is just really stupid. I am not surprised that you're a petty little troll who probably can't even hold a job, and probably spends all day aimlessly on the Internet talking shit, but I am disgusted with your ignorance and lack of common sense. It's so pathetic that you're such a brainless little monkey-see-monkey-do follower who comes along out of nowhere making enemies with someone you know absolutely nothing about.

SavageRiffer":1wge9h7o said:
You put your stupidity on display. The truss rod isn't broken, you dumb piece of shit. The only thing you've accomplished is showing what a pathetic moron and loser you are. I can see that you're a coward and weakling because you speak without reservation like a little prick who has never had to be accountable for his words in person. I don't know what's more disappointing, your lack of intelligence or your lack of balls to actually do anything other than run your big, ignorant mouth on the Internet.

I couldn't give a shit what you think about stainless steel frets. Go take that argument up with Eddie Van Halen, or hell, go complain to Ibanez for using stainless steel frets in their newer models. Whatever the fuck point you were trying to make about that is just really stupid. I am not surprised that you're a petty little troll who probably can't even hold a job, and probably spends all day aimlessly on the Internet talking shit, but I am disgusted with your ignorance and lack of common sense. It's so pathetic that you're such a brainless little monkey-see-monkey-do follower who comes along out of nowhere making enemies with someone you know absolutely nothing about.
Triggered much?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I actually felt embarrassed for you after reading this hissy fit.

Some people should not own tube amps.

ProTip: keep a stash of tubes handy. Shit happens.

rupe":f2g68tk4 said:
SavageRiffer":f2g68tk4 said:

Triggered much?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I actually felt embarrassed for you after reading this hissy fit.

Well, I guess that if some people followed you in a thread just to throw ad hominems at you an act like assholes toward you, you will be probably "triggered" too.

And I don't have a dog in this fight neither.

rupe":2dqaovp0 said:
SavageRiffer":2dqaovp0 said:

Triggered much?

This is a place to come to enjoy life and gear as guitar players. I do not understand the amount of effort going into name calling and bashing and disrespecting others opinions. Cant we leave that shit to social media?? Wtf is it high school again? I am not disrespecting your post or anyones regarding any of this. If you don't agree or like someone why not start a seperate thread on that individual so the rest of us can enjoy rig talking? Sorry hope I dont get shot and then burned and then pissed on and then thrown in the garbage.

maddnotez":rq305ba5 said:
Bad deal, I can imagine it is frustrating for sure BUT...Like mostly everyone is saying, figure out what the problem is first before giving a "review" or posting a video.

Dave is a stand up guy from what I have seen and is also a genius. I have never even bought a new Friedman product but he has still gone out of his way to help me on the forums with issues I was having with other products.

Dude is cool and makes killer products. Have to respect that, I am sure he would sort out your issues if there were in fact any at all. You probably need new tubes like everyone else has said, the video makes the amp look bad with the QC and that may not be the case at all.

the problem with sending tubers not installed is the people are stupid . We tend to give others way to much credit when it comes to doing simple task . You start sending amps without the tubes installed and you gonna get alot of returns with the tube forced into the socket with pins bent out and broke off .

Back