GUITAR CONTEST ADVENTURE RPG

• Thread starter Thread starter NowYou'rePlayingWithPower
  • Start date Start date

With Dreams to be a Rockstar one day, you enter the pawnshop with $500 in your purse...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@stephen sawall @headlessdeadguy @japetus @Monkey Man @JustinCorrigible @VonBonfire @klugster

Anyone who is anyone had one of these you convince yourself as you hand over $200 to the stoner looking clerk in exchange for an old LP with a Bunny on the headstock. "These Chinese ones are the best," the disheveled clerk exclaims. "See that scarf joint? It keeps the neck warm. You don't get that on US built acoustics like this." You look closely and nod your head in agreement, barely noticing that it says made in Japan.

Being new to this, it means nothing to you. "You'll need an amp. Otherwise, it won't work" he tells you. "This might be the finest amp to ever grace our shop, and I will sell it to you for half off." Without hesitation, you pull out another $200 and fork it over in exchange for an amp with a Gorilla on the control panel. You grab a number off of a flyer looking for a guitarist as you leave the pawnshop heading home with $100 left to your name.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@sondoke @Techdeth @7704A

You approach the deaf clerk and ask for his opinion between thrash bands "MegaDouche" and "Metallicant". After teaching you ASL in minutes, You learn that he used to roadie for Metallicant before James Hatfield and Dave McCoy split up and started feuding. He tells you that he went deaf after years of decibles that would make a jet engine blush. Seeing that you're holding on to every signalled word; he knows you're serious about your musical path and offers up an old road worn ShrinkRay Bass and an audition for his Irish Death metal band "Morbidly O'Beast".

Reluctant to start your path as a bassist in a band with a deaf vocalist you hesitantly agree to buy the bass for $300 in the hopes of selling out one day. The clerk throws in that keyboard amp you were eyeing earlier. You leave the pawnshop and head home with $200 left to your name and the ability to converse with the deaf.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@gbsmusic @311splawndude @dooredge @ewill52 @DanTravis62 @Smashedguitaris⸸ @MadAsAHatter @Jimty

"I know that look," the clerk says to you as he hands you the Exploder. Looking it over you notice that it says "Epictone" on the headstock and "EMP" on the rectangle things you vaguely recognize as pickups. "I've seen that look before. This axe will net you more pussy than pulling Excaliber out of the stone," he assures you. "Say no more," you respond and hand over $400.

Almost forgetting, you look around before you leave but realize you don't have enough money left for any of these amps. "I can't do any further discounts on the amps," the clerk bullshits you, "but I will make you a deal on some sweet pussy." Shocked, but intrigued, you inquire further. You leave the pawnshop and head home with a new kitten and no money. The kitten died of dysentery in the back seat and your car broke a wheel while attempting to ford a river. You walk home broke with guitar in hand as well as a flyer advertising auditions for a guitarist that you found on the sidewalk.

@BeZo @War_in_D

"More like enragement ring," you tell the clerk as you hand it over. "$300 is the best I can do" the clerk tells you. "This was my Great Grandmother's ring," you mumble back. Numb by the loss of your girlfriend and family heirloom, you head to the strip club down the street. After losing all of your money to the dancers and growing disorderly from all of the booze, you're thrown into the back alley by the bouncer where you die of dysentery. Your dreams of becoming a rockstar went unfullfilled with your death. Not even your mother showed up to your funeral after finding out about the ring. Don't fret, as you will be reincarnated into a german caterpillar. Your story ends here and you will have to wait to rejoin until next week's adventure.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7561565f53734f59392d375038413d3d2d313036373934393633392e313638333533396261633737303837613533393831383639363433302e676966

Bullshit that the Explorer has the most votes. I feel like Ted McCarty just repurposed his grandma's coffee table for the design.

Bullshit that the Explorer has the most votes. I feel like Ted McCarty just repurposed his grandma's coffee table for the design.

As you ponder your disgust for metal, you head back to TGP for advice.

Back