Hagen-Proto Review - first video and audio clip inside

• Thread starter Thread starter Niilz
  • Start date Start date
lester":3ixgkieg said:
Joey, let me help you out. The amp for you is the Kingsley Tonebaron, quit torturing yourself and Peter. Thank me later, and if you not into it after getting it, let me know and I'll buy it from you.

I'm not torturing myself hehe. I just think the Hagen seems to be a GREAT amp that need more showcase. it would help with the pre-orders a lot :)

lester":3f1z2ho1 said:
Joey, let me help you out. The amp for you is the Kingsley Tonebaron, quit torturing yourself and Peter. Thank me later, and if you not into it after getting it, let me know and I'll buy it from you.

that thing sounds great! i love how super-dynamic the gain is, especially on the mid-gain Les Paul tracks. you can hear it really react to the players phrasing, growling up a little more as he sustains a note - beautiful!

very different facet of rock guitar tone though! ill be honest i try to cop tones like that with my Einstein... and while i get superb mid-gain tones with it, the getting the amp to respond in the way that that tonebaron does is yet to be achieved. maybe too much compression? Fr. Diezel, what are your thoughts?

i.e.

the first section of this clip sounds gorgeous!!! sounds like a joy to play!

MrNixon":1sr2gmaz said:
lester":1sr2gmaz said:

that thing sounds great! i love how super-dynamic the gain is, especially on the mid-gain Les Paul tracks. you can hear it really react to the players phrasing, growling up a little more as he sustains a note - beautiful!

very different facet of rock guitar tone though! ill be honest i try to cop tones like that with my Einstein... and while i get superb mid-gain tones with it, the getting the amp to respond in the way that that tonebaron does is yet to be achieved. maybe too much compression? Fr. Diezel, what are your thoughts?

i.e.

the first section of this clip sounds gorgeous!!! sounds like a joy to play!

I agree great clip, very tasteful playing...NOW LET'S GET SOME HAGEN CLIPS HAPPENING!!! Thanks.

What´s Fr. ? I´m a female now :lol: :LOL:

First buy an open Greenback cabinet and play
with the volume knob on the guitar to use the
dynamic on the distortion channels. The Schmidt
would fit this style of music a bit better.

Sorry, I´m OT ;)

Rezamatix":2oi9cvwl said:
nice!!! thanks for that...now can we hear just one track of the guitars ALL by itself?
great song btw, cool solo. really digging your band too!

I agree, song sounds really good. I also agree that I would love to hear the guitars (or one guitar) with drums isolated.

I'm assuminbg that that is chan. 3 of the Hagen?

Peter Diezel":11a2u1tz said:
What´s Fr. ? I´m a female now :lol: :LOL:

First buy an open Greenback cabinet and play
with the volume knob on the guitar to use the
dynamic on the distortion channels. The Schmidt
would fit this style of music a bit better.

Sorry, I´m OT ;)

haha i was addressing you using the Ordo Templi Orientis abbreviation of 'Frater'. i figure it would've suited you well, no femininity about it at all! pure masochistic semi-diluted EVIL!!! :rock:

thanks for the advice Frater Diezel

Not bad. Definitely has that Diezel feel to it, but super hard to decipher its 'real' intrinsic tonal qualities or differences from that of the rest of the family.

[0:01 to 0:24] and [2:30 to 2:47] were to me the best indicators as to what it can do in this context. Nice tracking, nice attack, nice tone.

I can't imagine making any sweeping generalizations about this head, fact is, it's a wait-and-see scenario for me and everyone else here (except for Niilz, ya bugger!!). But I think I like it. A lot.

Thanks Braddah,
V. :thumbsup:

This might be a really dumb question, but at 1:22 to about 1:25 how do you get that weird guitar sound? I don''t know how to describe what it is I am hearing haha. It sounds so damn wicked!

...that's an overtone on the low b string third fret and weird pick angle picking afterwards... not very hard to play...

Rezamatix":1zk91bpf said:
Hey nilz, how did you get a prs 7?!
...ähhhmmm... I ordered it in early 2007 and got it in early 2008 - nothing special. It is just a GEN-customer order thing :rock:

OK here's a little more: http://youtu.be/kV7WfpEprpg
We had some fun with the Hagen in the studio and tried out many cabinets, microphones and stuff. Excuse my sloppy playing - that's been a pre-production test and excuse the poor picture quality - my iPhone...

Don't take it seriously - it's just fun :D

Niilz":81pc6as0 said:
...that's an overtone on the low b string third fret and weird pick angle picking afterwards... not very hard to play...
It sounds so epic haha! I will have to try it out when I get home! Any suggestions?

Your song and recording sounded very good also! The hagen tears it up haha! :rock:

Really looking forward to plugging this one in .... I like all the Diezel's I have played on and this one sounds about perfect for me.

Back