Heaven and Hell & Mob Rules

• Thread starter Thread starter SQUAREHEAD
  • Start date Start date
Caught the Heaven and Hell reunion tour in 2009, Dio still had the voice and never broke character. Totally surprised when he passed the following year.

I saw them twice that year as they came to Chicago in May and in September if I remember. Just epic shows. The band was tight, Iommi was amazing and Dio's voice was out of this world. I swear when Iommi played the main riff from "I", I thought the roof of the venue was going to come down it was so heavy!

I prefer dio sabbath to ozzy.
Me too. I like Sabbath with Ozzy well enough. My parents played Black Sabbath, Sabotage, and Master of Reality when I was a little kid. However, Dio Sabbath is like a different (and much better) band. Heaven & Hell is my favorite Sabbath album, and it's not even close. It's such a shame that we didn't get another 5 or 6 albums from the Dio era.

Me too. I like Sabbath with Ozzy well enough. My parents played Black Sabbath, Sabotage, and Master of Reality when I was a little kid. However, Dio Sabbath is like a different (and much better) band. Heaven & Hell is my favorite Sabbath album, and it's not even close. It's such a shame that we didn't get another 5 or 6 albums from the Dio era.

Agreed. Early Sabbath is certainly influential, and all that

But dio-era Sabbath is like an entirely new (and superior) band, and made superior music, with the majority of the psychedelia and hippy affectations removed in exchange for stark, baroque imagery

Agreed. Early Sabbath is certainly influential, and all that

But dio-era Sabbath is like an entirely new (and superior) band, and made superior music, with the majority of the psychedelia and hippy affectations removed in exchange for stark, baroque imagery
You had me at the superiority of Dio fronted Sabbath, but lost me at Manowar :unsure:

You had me at the superiority of Dio fronted Sabbath, but lost me at Manowar :unsure:

That probably means you should give late period manowar a second listen.

Especially the songs that are way better than their Sabbath namesake:

Was it them or incubus that was the terrible FuNkY rap metal pothead group? Nevermind they're both fucking awful
:LOL: All that early and mid 2000's rock stuff was the prototype material for some of the bro country that followed.That stuff is classic rock now, let that sink in.:LOL:

Saw Sabbath with Ozzy '78 Never Say Die tour; VH opened.
Saw Sabbath with Dio, both tours; missed Sabbath with Gillan because car got a flat tire. One of these was a Black & Blue show, Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult did shows together.

I also saw Rainbow opening for Blue Oyster Cult around the same time; probably with Graham Bonnet.

I like both Ozzy and Dio Sabbath, almost like two different bands IMO

I met Manowar in an airline lounge in Miami, FL, they were on their way back from / or to Rock in Rio, at least 10+ years ago.

He took the Marshalls on the road too. Day On The Green 1980

1726857958130.jpeg

Back