How many of you believe the Earth is flat? Go.......

• Thread starter Thread starter Racerxrated
  • Start date Start date
From Southern Minn originally. Used to take family vacations up near and on Lake Vermillion as a kid. North shore is amazing. I once found an Agate on the shore that was like 20 lbs.....wish I had it today.
That is a MONSTER agate. I was born in Duluth but grew up someplace less nice than that. Those Duluth times are pretty much my only good memories of MN to be honest. I pointed my headlilghts southbound as soon as I had the chance.

Palisade Head was a cool stop. Gooseberry falls. Enger tower. We used to just pull off the road just north of Duluth and walk down to the lake on some of the creeks that flow into there . Lotta agates down there. We used to go to Superior for the 90 cent 40 oz malt liquors and then go watch movies at 2 a.m at the Norshor theatre cause you could drink and smoke whatever you wanted since it was a bar. Probably the coolest club ever. Art-deco preserved. Bands. Cult classic movies. After that we'd yell at drunks crawling up the hillside, lol. Tried to make the best of it.

That is a MONSTER agate. I was born in Duluth but grew up someplace less nice than that. Those Duluth times are pretty much my only good memories of MN to be honest. I pointed my headlilghts southbound as soon as I had the chance.

Palisade Head was a cool stop. Gooseberry falls. Enger tower. We used to just pull off the road just north of Duluth and walk down to the lake on some of the creeks that flow into there . Lotta agates down there. We used to go to Superior for the 90 cent 40 oz malt liquors and then go watch movies at 2 a.m at the Norshor theatre cause you could drink and smoke whatever you wanted since it was a bar. Probably the coolest club ever. Art-deco preserved. Bands. Cult classic movies. After that we'd yell at drunks crawling up the hillside, lol. Tried to make the best of it.
Years back one of the bands I was in would play at Charlies on the West side...talk about a dive haha....stay in the roach motel next door. Then from Duluth we'd head up to Normans in Virginia..another 6 nighter...ah those were the good times. 22 years old, living the full time gig life. The cool thing is we'd meet people who'd invite us out on their boats, over for a cookout etc. Met one dude who worked for 'Slam-Ex' which was like a SIR but for outdoor festivals etc....he had a photo album of all the gigs he did over the years..he worked the 1989 Metallica show. Pretty cool. And, he had a Pot forest in the basement under UV lights...good times. Haha

Years back one of the bands I was in would play at Charlies on the West side...talk about a dive haha....stay in the roach motel next door. Then from Duluth we'd head up to Normans in Virginia..another 6 nighter...ah those were the good times. 22 years old, living the full time gig life. The cool thing is we'd meet people who'd invite us out on their boats, over for a cookout etc. Met one dude who worked for 'Slam-Ex' which was like a SIR but for outdoor festivals etc....he had a photo album of all the gigs he did over the years..he worked the 1989 Metallica show. Pretty cool. And, he had a Pot forest in the basement under UV lights...good times. Haha

NIce. There were some real peaches in terms of clubs there, lol. We used to rehearse in "soup town" but me and my bro was underage at the time so gigs were a little hard to come by. We used to play the Lamplighter and a couple other places over there pretty often. Talkin' about dives! Pretty much of all of superior is an alcoholic's paradise, haha. Unfortunately the rest of the band were actual alcoholics and meth users so I had to cut loose from there. They just looked at me crosseyed and said "why man?". They didn't get that I didnt' want to wait until your sixth beer for you to level off your nerves and be able to play only to hit beer number 9 and be totally useless. To rehearse like hell and then have you completely shitfaced at a gig. Those were dark times for me. Summer always brought some relief at least. I just "couldn't stand the weather" haha.

NIce. There were some real peaches in terms of clubs there, lol. We used to rehearse in "soup town" but me and my bro was underage at the time so gigs were a little hard to come by. We used to play the Lamplighter and a couple other places over there pretty often. Talkin' about dives! Pretty much of all of superior is an alcoholic's paradise, haha. Unfortunately the rest of the band were actual alcoholics and meth users so I had to cut loose from there. They just looked at me crosseyed and said "why man?". They didn't get that I didnt' want to wait until your sixth beer for you to level off your nerves and be able to play only to hit beer number 9 and be totally useless. To rehearse like hell and then have you completely shitfaced at a gig. Those were dark times for me. Summer always brought some relief at least. I just "couldn't stand the weather" haha.
What kind of music did you play?

Who here thinks the US will ever see public heresy laws against flat earth, antivaxxers, antiglobalists, climate ‘denial’, transtardation, etc.?

Who here thinks the US will ever see public heresy laws against flat earth, antivaxxers, antiglobalists, climate ‘denial’, transtardation, etc.?
Only the flat earthers, anti vaxxers, climate denialists and people who are afraid they will be attracted to a tranny, etc

Only the flat earthers, anti vaxxers, climate denialists and people who are afraid they will be attracted to a tranny, etc
I can already hear you now: “C’mon guys, it’s just bein’ decent to people, watchin’ out for grandma and makin’ sure the weather duhsn’t get too hot. Duhsn’t bother me anyways, dunno what the big deal is…”

greta-thunberg-bday-2000-c8d39032d3a947e4af0fe272c45358a9.jpeg

I can already hear you now: “C’mon guys, it’s just bein’ decent to people, watchin’ out for grandma and makin’ sure the weather duhsn’t get too hot. Duhsn’t bother me anyways, dunno what the big deal is…”

Rising temps are bad for grandma.
They might start being be bad a few generations from when crops don’t grow the same places as they used to though

Rising temps are bad for grandma.
They might start being be bad a few generations from when crops don’t grow the same places as they used to though
All balanced out of course by crops growing in places they wouldn't before. More Co2=more plant life=more oxygen to breathe. The science of plants!

Back