I Guess These Are Actually Real (Evil Pumpkin)

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
Yeah I appreciate his effort and all his videos. But does not sound good

He does that to everything, Gain on 10... then hit the boost. I haven't even watched it yet but I bet he plays the Pull Me Under riff 10 times
Psychic - way too much gain for my tastes - the EVH 100w EL34 would hang with this amp I bet...doesn't sound overly special in this vid, and the EP channel has some weird sizzle/static/water dripping sound.

He does that to everything, Gain on 10... then hit the boost. I haven't even watched it yet but I bet he plays the Pull Me Under riff 10 times
I don’t get this mentality. This amp clearly has enough gain on tap and doesn’t need it lol.

I don’t get this mentality. This amp clearly has enough gain on tap and doesn’t need it lol.

Yeah. But then again, this guy said the the Ultra Lead was garbage. lol I guess he likes gained out fizz for tone. I think this amp might be pretty good with gains dialed back and no boost.

Yeah. But then again, this guy said the the Ultra Lead was garbage. lol I guess he likes gained out fizz for tone. I think this amp might be pretty good with gains dialed back and no boost.
Yeah…. Not too great at dialing amps in. IMO at least. Amp sounds like it sounds good from Jason’s demo.

Why on earth is it not Jason doing the demo. I agree with others that this guy tries and seems like a good dude, but I just can't watch his vids...gain maxed and boosted on everything....uffda! "Normal with high gain shit to have noise"....LOL!!! Yeah when gain is maxed and boosted...LOL!

Edit: Realized from post above that Jason had a vid out....Like I said in my first sentence. Monster player who knows how to demo and amp.

No kidding, when I saw him dime the gain on the JVM410, then throw a boost on it I was like ya gotta be effin kidding. I mean OD1 and OD2's Orange/Red modes with the gain much past noon is just stupid amounts of gain. Then to dime it then boost it. Wtf?

That said, dude's having a good time so more power to him.

Why on earth is it not Jason doing the demo. I agree with others that this guy tries and seems like a good dude, but I just can't watch his vids...gain maxed and boosted on everything....uffda! "Normal with high gain shit to have noise"....LOL!!! Yeah when gain is maxed and boosted...LOL!

Edit: Realized from post above that Jason had a vid out....Like I said in my first sentence. Monster player who knows how to demo and amp.

Here’s a link to the video for others.

I appreciate his videos, and watch most of them...that said, he simply gains and boosts all the TONE and character out of the amps he demos. Unfortunately, this practice seems to be increasingly common.

Ya he’s a nice guy fr. but like the other guys their signal chain how they record and set up makes the Amps sound the same . Like they will demo a jcm800 then an Diezel Herbert and barely a difference.
I've seen this too in both home setups but also pro studios.

to me it's more showing that the cab and mic setups are more responsible for changes in the overall tone more so than the amp.

With a lot of high gainers being based on similar circuits, it makes sense.

I've also found I can hear a bigger difference between amps in the room vs when they're recorded.

Back