Is Randall Smith no longer with Mesa?

• Thread starter Thread starter IIBornotIIB
  • Start date Start date
Mesa Boogibson should reissue this!
IMG_7487.jpeg
IMG_7488.jpeg

Can't wait for the shitstorm when the new 2C comes out.
Predictions are that the people who own originals will say it sucks.. :ROFLMAO:
Well, it's because it won't sound like a real C+. Mesa (pre Gibson) tried it with the JP. Which is supposed to be a REAL C+. It's not. It's a good amp, absolutely. But it ain't a real C+.
Steve K, Dave, Glip22, myself, GJO, and quite a few others that have/had real C+ have played/owned the JP. It is flat sounding compared to the real thing.
Just the facts.

so any thoughts on gibson using any of randll's designs? seems that randall owns these to whatever extent, certainly there are legit patents on a lot of these amps

curious if gibson is going to go a completely different route, or keep building whatever they can, randall although 80 can or could or will like in the article pass some of his designs to a boutique company of his own making or whatever variation of that there could be,

but then again i don't know what strings came with gibson buying mesa entails

does gibson own these designs, circuitry whatever could be actually proprietary?

it will be interested to see in 2 years what mesa is releasing if anything that is new

if any of these thoughts have been expressed, i'm late to this party, my bad

so any thoughts on gibson using any of randll's designs? seems that randall owns these to whatever extent, certainly there are legit patents on a lot of these amps

curious if gibson is going to go a completely different route, or keep building whatever they can, randall although 80 can or could or will like in the article pass some of his designs to a boutique company of his own making or whatever variation of that there could be,

does gibson own these designs, circuitry whatever could be actually proprietary?

it will be interested to see in 2 years what mesa is releasing if anything that is new

Most patents expire after 20 years

Boogie-gibbons will likely be Indo-Chinese PCB [or cheaper] mass produced krapp-o-la.

That's what I was saying. A few tweaks here and there (Fortin style) and boom. Literally untraceable. :lol:

^ I like the idea of Randall and Mike B going on their own to become what they started with. A boutique amp builder. They would have to rename everything of course and make a slight tweak to each circuit as to not get caught copying their own work :LOL:

Mike BII++
Quad Rectifier (aka Ballbuster)
Triple Cloned
Road Queen
Silhouette
Fillmemore
Elyctra Died
Trans Nomadic
Trem-O-ling
Lonely Star
Badlanded?

Of course I'm kidding. I love Mesa Boogie and the whole thing w Gibson gives me a sad face :(

That's what I was saying. A few tweaks here and there (Fortin style) and boom. Literally untraceable. :LOL:
shit it's too much information and too many posts and too many people talking

nothing new under the sun,

seems there should be something to limit the amount of bullshit on forums in general?

like a moderator, or someone talks the time to sum up everything answer real questions and then the post/thread ends

that will never happen,

and hence why i try not to post

and now i'm rambling

Most patents expire after 20 years
That, and I've read elsewhere that Mesa often patented stuff that shouldn't have gotten a patent because of prior work or whatever existing. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, then I figure Gibson has the money to knock 'em down in court. Heck, even if it isn't true, Gibson probably has the upper hand in court by virtue of having piles of money.

shit it's too much information and too many posts and too many people talking

nothing new under the sun,

seems there should be something to limit the amount of bullshit on forums in general?

like a moderator, or someone talks the time to sum up everything answer real questions and then the post/thread ends

that will never happen,

and hence why i try not to post

and now i'm rambling
That's a good one :lol:

Moderator :lol:

Well, it's because it won't sound like a real C+. Mesa (pre Gibson) tried it with the JP. Which is supposed to be a REAL C+. It's not. It's a good amp, absolutely. But it ain't a real C+.
Steve K, Dave, Glip22, myself, GJO, and quite a few others that have/had real C+ have played/owned the JP. It is flat sounding compared to the real thing.
Just the facts.

Lets stir the shit pot some more..
What if they DO make a faithful replica??

It’s interesting that there was so much shock around this. I mean, it was coming from the day the company got sold. Sucks if Randall and others felt blindsided by it, but any time a company sells this is a pretty normal deal.

Back