Is Randall Smith no longer with Mesa?

• Thread starter Thread starter IIBornotIIB
  • Start date Start date

Attachments

• Mesa-Randall-Rayven-Smith.jpg
    Mesa-Randall-Rayven-Smith.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 112
Murphy Labs C+'s & Recto's prepare to be astonished. [pun]

I knew i could never depend on Gibson for service and i have 2 top ranking tech that won't work on Boogie's so these amps are just a memory for me but they were great.
End of an era.

Jesus. Gibson could have never come out with a new design and still it wouldn’t have been fucking the football like this (assuming it’s true that RS was canned).

If anyone is interested I gave my thoughts here... what likely happened to Randall, what to do now, where the future of amps is going @burger @RedPlated

Great video, Mike. I watched the whole thing.

I do see a changing of the guard with the newer builders. However, I don’t know if any of us can easily scale to the production of Marshall or Mesa. We are more like the new Cameron, Fortin, etc… that level of production. Offering mods and limited production of new amps. I’m NOT saying I’m those guys, just giving comparisons.

Scaling up is very difficult. You have to make a commitment to start hiring and training employees, paying workers comp, renting out industrial spaces and significantly increasing overhead. Or, allow a 3rd party to build your amps. All have drawbacks and they can be a huge financial risk. Things go downhill and you’re going to lose a lot of money.

I think unless you come to the table with a huge financial backer and a team of marketing, production and distribution (like how BAD helped take Friedman amps to the next level), you’re probably not going to compete with the established manufacturers. They can literally draw up a design, build the chassis, face plates, PCB, and then train someone to assemble it in no time at all. And then turn out 100’s of amps a month. You just can’t compete with that.

Great video, Mike. I watched the whole thing.

I do see a changing of the guard with the newer builders. However, I don’t know if any of us can easily scale to the production of Marshall or Mesa. We are more like the new Cameron, Fortin, etc… that level of production. Offering mods and limited production of new amps. I’m NOT saying I’m those guys, just giving comparisons.

Scaling up is very difficult. You have to make a commitment to start hiring and training employees, paying workers comp, renting out industrial spaces and significantly increasing overhead. Or, allow a 3rd party to build your amps. All have drawbacks and they can be a huge financial risk. Things go downhill and you’re going to lose a lot of money.

I think unless you come to the table with a huge financial backer and a team of marketing, production and distribution (like how BAD helped take Friedman amps to the next level), you’re probably not going to compete with the established manufacturers. They can literally draw up a design, build the chassis, face plates, PCB, and then train someone to assemble it in no time at all. And then turn out 100’s of amps a month. You just can’t compete with that.
If this forum has taught anyone anything, then it’s that all it takes for a one man shop to increase production numbers is to provide shelter for drugged out, runaway, barely legal Eastern European girls, into shamelessly debasing themselves and who are handy with a soldering iron. That’s just straight up business acumen 101.

Last edited:

Back