Laptops lost...headline festival gig cancelled!

• Thread starter Thread starter * velcro-fly *
  • Start date Start date
That’s on the same level and also entirely different, but the same..... Drummer, bass, and other guitar player in our rock band also play in a band with a 5-6 piece horn section...they regularly need subs in the horns, but the defacto leader of that horn section is an ass hat and won’t accept any subs that don’t read charts, because you know everything is in the charts. Which is a shame because the guy that’s most often available, who also happens to be one of the most badass sax players in town, doesn’t read music, never has....and he’s a mind blowing improvisor. It blows me away that these people need the charts for the same fucking songs they’ve played near weekly for literal decades, absolutely shit themselves if the “chart book” is not there....hmmmmmm
Gary "Geddy" Lee... 4 musicians in one ferchrissakes (vox, bass, keys, pedals - dear christ just think about that!!)

That TGP thread is 44 pages deep now bwahahaha
Scott and his manlove Cliff just bezerk-jerk-twerking over the idea of nothing powering their beloved fractals.

(no offence to the AFX1-3, just the two aforementioned strokers)

The so called “singer” for this band is gonna love those tattoos when he is about 45. What an absolute moron.

this thread is such a good read.

- saw the house band at House of Blues somewhere or another (Myrtle Beach maybe). Left handed bass player hands off his fiddle to another dude in the band, and grabs his sax. the other dude slings it righty... and plays it righty (but not inverting or whatever). they were air guitaring the shit out of it :ROFLMAO:. the "ladies" didn't mind at all...they were drunk dancing all over the joint. i just continued with my cold beer.

Still Rain was before their time IMO. I was and still am a HUGE fan of that band. I saw them a ton of times and did a few gigs with them in the band I was in the mid 90s and everybody in that band were great guys. From the band to the crew.

Everyone I’ve heard discuss that band says the same things about them. All the Sevendust guys spoke highly of them and said they were THE band to see in town, they just had their shit together and delivered every show, which is a huge reason Morgan wanted to steal Clint from them. Makes sense seeing how Sevendust, 25 years into their career, are still playing every show like it’s the most important show of their career.

Scott and his manlove Cliff just bezerk-jerk-twerking over the idea of nothing powering their beloved fractals.

(no offence to the AFX1-3, just the two aforementioned strokers)

Huh? That thread has nothing to do with either of them. Cliff basically told TGP to fuck off after he got banned a couple months back (for pointing out that Donnie B had yet another alt on there) then started a thread on the FAS forum laying into TGP and the way it’s moderated. Scott wouldn’t even comment on the thread or the situation. I never saw them interact before, but I’m assuming whatever existed before is no longer in place.

And actually, Scott’s no longer listed as an owner of TGP or the company that owns TGP. Not sure if he cashed in or what. Crazy that forum is making $6mil+ a year.

Everyone I’ve heard discuss that band says the same things about them. All the Sevendust guys spoke highly of them and said they were THE band to see in town, they just had their shit together and delivered every show, which is a huge reason Morgan wanted to steal Clint from them. Makes sense seeing how Sevendust, 25 years into their career, are still playing every show like it’s the most important show of their career.
Absolutely. When I first started seeing them, they were still playing some covers but quickly moved to all originals. The energy coming off that stage, especially from Clint and Corey was exactly like they were playing like their life depended on it. To think a band like that never got signed and twats like this thread is about did, just shows you how fucked up the business is. Different times, I know..just sayin'

Huh? That thread has nothing to do with either of them. Cliff basically told TGP to fuck off after he got banned a couple months back (for pointing out that Donnie B had yet another alt on there) then started a thread on the FAS forum laying into TGP and the way it’s moderated. Scott wouldn’t even comment on the thread or the situation. I never saw them interact before, but I’m assuming whatever existed before is no longer in place.

And actually, Scott’s no longer listed as an owner of TGP or the company that owns TGP. Not sure if he cashed in or what. Crazy that forum is making $6mil+ a year.
well my my my how things have changed then. Goes to show ya it's been a LONG time since I've been on either TGP or FAS.

Back