Larry Amp

• Thread starter Thread starter Mark Skid
  • Start date Start date
Ouch, dangerous :eek: that could then be misinterpreted as a Sicilian message :unsure:
giphy.gif

You mean the thread that laid dormant for over a year that Larry himself dug up after he wasn't the center of attention for a little while?
Weird thread is weird.

There are quotes to posts that aren't in here anymore.

Also, the necro-bump.

My 1 watt Fortin Larry lmaoView attachment 142036
I'm missing the Bite & Punch controls - aka the Girth & Grind controls on former (discontinued) Fortin amps, of which I ripped off the circuit of him already back in 1992 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: Just came to mind, that back in 1992 Mike Fortin has been a 12 yo boy.
That means, I've ripped off a kid's intellectual property :unsure:
Now i feel bad 😔😝

Last edited:
I'm missing the Bite & Punch controls - aka the Girth & Grind controls on former (discontinued) Fortin amps, of which I ripped off the circuit of him already back in 1992 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just fuckin with you, I always tell Dan this is my "Lil Larry". For a tiny amp it sounds okay though.

I know these little rascals, there are a few different tunings - they really don't sound bad for their size and weight. Are really fun 👌
I always wondered how replacing the 12au7 in the "power section" would change things, with a better higher end tube. I have noticed a massive amount of tonal change, switching the 2 12ax7's in the "preamp"
6C261F25-EC98-4449-B1C4-583047FDB0A5.jpeg

I always wondered how replacing the 12au7 in the "power section" would change things, with a better higher end tube. I have noticed a massive amount of tonal change, switching the 2 12ax7's in the "preamp"View attachment 142063
Watch out for a NOS Mullard, Valvo or Philips ECC82 (in this order), then your ears will make eyes :cool:

Edyta: Just have checked my NOS stock and saw, that I still do have a whole bunch of NOS Tungsram ECC82 😮
But sending tubes via email or PM is very difficult :D

Last edited:

Back