listen up....

• Thread starter Thread starter JackBootedThug
  • Start date Start date
Haven't seen this yet. Too bad.

I just saw where one of CCN's last posts before the ban was him starting to go at it with stripped rights and you had warned them to cut out the ad hominem bs in that thread. The rest was just speculation knowing those two.

I just saw where one of CCN's last posts before the ban was him starting to go at it with stripped rights and you had warned them to cut out the ad hominem bs in that thread. The rest was just speculation knowing those two.
I admittedly was not paying attention and may not have the right frame of reference but from what I saw, it looked like @ccn was provoked :dunno: Not that he doesn't do his share of provoking :dunno: At least @ccn brings content and references. One may not agree with him but he's not the type to just sit at his computer attacking people and not discussing topics with content at hand :dunno:

My .311 cents

I admittedly was not paying attention and may not have the right frame of reference but from what I saw, it looked like @ccn was provoked :dunno: Not that he doesn't do his share of provoking :dunno: At least @ccn brings content and references. One may not agree with him but he's not the type to just sit at his computer attacking people and not discussing topics with content at hand :dunno:

My .311 cents

I didn't look very far back past the previous few posts so I don't have the broadest frame of reference either. I wasn't implying CCN started attacking out of nowhere and didn't get provoked. I kinda meant the opposite. Same as you, I saw some poking the bear so to speak and I guess it just got the better of him that day.

I didn't look very far back past the previous few posts so I don't have the broadest frame of reference either. I wasn't implying CCN started attacking out of nowhere and didn't get provoked. I kinda meant the opposite. Same as you, I saw some poking the bear so to speak and I guess it just got the better of him that day.

I think where he gets himself in trouble is his broad, derogatory generalizations. He continually posts that all Lefties or democrats or liberals etc are brain dead child grooming pedophiles that can’t understand up from down.

From my experience, I am not afraid to express my own strong opinions and/or dissent against other’s, however when I do so I try and keep them directed towards the individual I’m talking to and on topic of the discussion. I believe that is what keeps me out of trouble. My 2 cents anyways

Uhhh yeah okay… but lets be real that’s (sounding good) not hard to do around hear since nobody plays guitar. I can’t figure out how he lost ;)

~ss
:thumbsup:

I think where he gets himself in trouble is his broad, derogatory generalizations. He continually posts that all Lefties or democrats or liberals etc are brain dead child grooming pedophiles that can’t understand up from down.

From my experience, I am not afraid to express my own strong opinions and/or dissent against other’s, however when I do so I try and keep them directed towards the individual I’m talking to and on topic of the discussion. I believe that is what keeps me out of trouble. My 2 cents anyways
Good points for sure.

Whatever you say comrade :LOL:

~ss

Whatever you say comrade :LOL:

~ss

IMG_6687.gif

I've always tried to keep any potentially derogatory statements broad and at groups rather than individuals because when you get specific and aim them at the individual that's when you get done for an ad hom attack. Anyway I think the broad approach is attacking the ball not the man as they'd say in soccer/football.

One could always say, "... many in that group..." or, "... a statistically-improbable proportion of this group or another... ".

99 times out of 100 there are exceptions to broad-stroke characterisations; that's just life.

One could always say, "... many in that group..." or, "... a statistically-improbable proportion of this group or another... ".

99 times out of 100 there are exceptions to broad-stroke characterisations; that's just life.
Yes that's true - it's a pity that people try and refute things with outlier examples though because generalisations can be quite valid. For example, if we plotted something on a normal distribution/bell curve we could say 95% of all people are within 2 standard deviations of the mean... and then someone would say oh yeah but I know a person that bucks the trend... Sure... but he/she would be an exception rather than the rule and really it doesn't mean a lot. For example, If I said "Most little kids aren't very knowledgeable at such a young age".... and some guy would come along and say "oh yeah but I know a guy who had written 3 symphonies and spoke 10 languages by the age of five"... like so what!!!

Good thing Nik didn’t signal a right turn and good thing you didn’t break out your donk…

Back