Mark V --- will it do recent Cannibal Corpse tone/riffage?

• Thread starter Thread starter jack-2
  • Start date Start date
jack-2":25c4yf6g said:
Marshall Freak":25c4yf6g said:
Mine will.
huh?

I'm guessing he means if you got the playing skills to do it, the amp will pass it on through...

I wouldn't expect Recto tones out of it if you're looking for modern Recto grind or whatever...it's a Mark series.

Question is can a Mark IV do it? If yes then the V most likely will be able to :D

I would say yes, boosted a Mark IV gets pretty heavy, it still has that signature mark tone though.

cyndicate":1u7mvltt said:
Question is can a Mark IV do it? If yes then the V most likely will be able to :D

I would say yes, boosted a Mark IV gets pretty heavy, it still has that signature mark tone though.
which is cool, cuz the whole idea would to be unique in a rectifier/5150 saturated scene

jack-2":cvdm16nc said:
cyndicate":cvdm16nc said:

which is cool, cuz the whole idea would to be unique in a rectifier/5150 saturated scene

Not really unique - a LOT of the old thrash bands used Mark Series Mesas, years ago. Early Sepultura is all Mark III.

I've got a clip of my Mesa Quad Setup Im gonna put up, hopefully that might help you have some idea of what you'd get with the Mark V.

Sick Michael":6262f2tg said:
jack-2":6262f2tg said:
cyndicate":6262f2tg said:

Not really unique - a LOT of the old thrash bands used Mark Series Mesas, years ago. Early Sepultura is all Mark III.

I've got a clip of my Mesa Quad Setup Im gonna put up, hopefully that might help you have some idea of what you'd get with the Mark V.

i dont know of any modern detuned death metal bands that use mkivs...

jack-2":nbe45ebp said:
Sick Michael":nbe45ebp said:
jack-2":nbe45ebp said:
cyndicate":nbe45ebp said:

i dont know of any modern detuned death metal bands that use mkivs...
lol...Im absolutely no authority on modern Death Metal, but I reckon a Mark series would be just fine.

Lamb of God uses the Mark IV, it's metal but I guess not death metal :confused: . But it'll sound pretty similar I guess

cyndicate":1zam84ec said:
Lamb of God uses the Mark IV, it's metal but I guess not death metal :confused: . But it'll sound pretty similar I guess
see i like their tone, but if i can take that tone, get some more grind out of it, more low end, and more saturation, id be all set and sold on a mkv....i think :thumbsup:

Shiny_Surface":3te2ihby said:
jack-2":3te2ihby said:
cyndicate":3te2ihby said:
get some more grind out of it, more low end, and more saturation, id be all set and sold on a mkv....i think :thumbsup:

Mark series isn't for you, move on.
how not....take the mark tone, push it to the next level via a clean boost and a drop tuning...

jack-2":1q8aittu said:
Shiny_Surface":1q8aittu said:
jack-2":1q8aittu said:
cyndicate":1q8aittu said:
get some more grind out of it, more low end, and more saturation, id be all set and sold on a mkv....i think :thumbsup:

Mark series isn't for you, move on.
how not....take the mark tone, push it to the next level via a clean boost and a drop tuning...

I can tell you don't want it to sound like a Mark series, so why even bother?

I don't understand why people buy high gain tube amps, only to push them with solid state pedals?

Why not buy an amp that produces that sound in the first place???????

Just because your favorite mathcore band does it doesn't mean it's right!!!

And in the case of Cannibal Corpse, Triple rec with MT2 in the loop

Ewwwwwwwwwww

C

DiezelMonster":2evtg02c said:
I don't understand why people buy high gain tube amps, only to push them with solid state pedals?

Why not buy an amp that produces that sound in the first place???????

Just because your favorite mathcore band does it doesn't mean it's right!!!

And in the case of Cannibal Corpse, Triple rec with MT2 in the loop

Ewwwwwwwwwww

C
have you ever clean boosted a high gain amp for detuned metal tones?

Lamb Of God uses MKIV's; and even though they aren't thrash or metal, Sevendust used MKIV's for a lot of their stuff, and they get some pretty damn heavy and tight guitar tones.

If you want Cannibal Corpse tones why not just stick a mic on your toilet bowl? :lol: :LOL: ;)

ok, ok, jk. But for the tones you want why not just a 2 channel Recto and boost it with a decent OD pedal.

Meh I love the death metal tones.......I can't wait to try the Mark V when it comes in......it has an Extreme gain setting BTW......there are actually people who still don't get what a clean boost does for feel?? :doh: :lol: :LOL:

Back