Mark V --- will it do recent Cannibal Corpse tone/riffage?

• Thread starter Thread starter jack-2
  • Start date Start date
A lot of people who do not like Mark amps never learned how to use one.
They are not for everyone.
The manual on the web site has good guide lines and very well done.
They are not simple amps.

jack-2":uckxqvp7 said:
ke2":uckxqvp7 said:
jack-2":uckxqvp7 said:
so whats the point of a bass knob if you cant go above 2?

When using the clean channel for good ol blues, you can run the bass higher, and the EQ for a lead boost.. The Mark amps weren`t made for tight metal riffing alone :) It`s just that when you run the EQ in a V, and treble high/bass/mids low, it sounds really tight and great for metal.
so it can't do thick, chunky, beefy, deep, tight riffs?

facepalm.gif

Just try one out and start with the bass at 2 and treble at 7. Put the graphic in the classic V shape and give it a spin.

Trust me...listen to the advice given by those who know the amp. I tried a mk IV out, not having a clue how the EQ worked. I EQ'd like I would start out trying any new amp - with everything pretty flat & at noon. Horrible tone. I haven't run into a mk series since to try out with proper settings unfortunately. Heed to the advice of those who know and understand the amp.

vchizzle":2kzljdyo said:
Just try one out and start with the bass at 2 and treble at 7. Put the graphic in the classic V shape and give it a spin.

Trust me...listen to the advice given by those who know the amp. I tried a mk IV out, not having a clue how the EQ worked. I EQ'd like I would start out trying any new amp - with everything pretty flat & at noon. Horrible tone. I haven't run into a mk series since to try out with proper settings unfortunately. Heed to the advice of those who know and understand the amp.
it is classically known as "the tweakers amp" which i totally dig. but at the same time, patience like you all have been saying.

Back