Marshall teasing something big

• Thread starter Thread starter Kapo_Polenton
  • Start date Start date
OMG Marshall is going to bring in their refrigeration technology to beat the competition and keep our beers cold inside of the amp, like a Blades 2.0.
Fire and Ice! (Tube warmth and Beer coolant)

EVERYBODY WINS

giphy.gif

Fuck a fridge. I need a freezer. Why do these amp companies never realize the market that is waiting for them?

YouTube demos have them dillusional. Kids have walls of 20-30K street value worth of amps sitting behind them. And they think they can just price the shit high because the gear market is raping eachother so hard in the Wild, they know these asshats will buy it. With no fridge, no nothing.

The limited run bullshit....

PRS and the archon should be the example they follow. A great amp, they kept and made affordable to more people, and it sounds amazing.

I feel like amp companies are trying to sell amps to the 5 banking families of America and not musicians who live in America.
🤔🤔

I love all the comments about Marshall LOL but the reality is Marshall doesn't owe anyone anything . THEY ARE THE BAR . They started the whole thing 60 years ago , their amps are still the most widely seen amp in the backline for rock and the reality is everyone has ripped off their circuits, modded them and allegedly come out with a better mousetrap that may or may not be more user friendly .

I own all kinds of amps but I have never forgot my favorite ones and where it all started and that would be MARSHALL --THE SOUND OF ROCK

\
I love all the comments about Marshall LOL but the reality is Marshall doesn't owe anyone anything . THEY ARE THE BAR . They started the whole thing 60 years ago , their amps are still the most widely seen amp in the backline for rock and the reality is everyone has ripped off their circuits, modded them and allegedly come out with a better mousetrap that may or may not be more user friendly .

I own all kinds of amps but I have never forgot my favorite ones and where it all started and that would be MARSHALL --THE SOUND OF ROCK
While I sort of agree with you I would say that Marshall hasn't been the bar in at least 30 years. They are a Harley Davidson equivalent. While Harley sells lots of bikes most of what they sell is image and brand name, just like Marshall. Just like Marshall most of the bikes are cheaply built overpriced junk.

Musicians are mainly dumbass fan boys who buy whatever crap is popular at the time. Right now that means the biggest guitar homos got little Princetons and Deluxes, among other kiddie level practice amps and modeling queer I mean modeling gear like Boss or crap like Quitter solid state amps. Stupidity kills technology. The Twin used to be about the biggest finest Fender amp around and now it commands the least money because soyjack thinks it's too loud for his bitch ears and too heavy for his painted on arms to carry. I'm a little salty this morning.

Yeah all these guys asking for modded Marshalls and there have been tons of them…
Started with 1959’s…lets add some gain and a master volume 2203 lets add more gain and channel switching and fx loop 2210. Lets have a second master for solo boosts. Jcm 900…lets add another gain stage. SLX.
Lets do a modded plexi Vintage Modern.
On and on and on.

\

While I sort of agree with you I would say that Marshall hasn't been the bar in at least 30 years. They are a Harley Davidson equivalent. While Harley sells lots of bikes most of what they sell is image and brand name, just like Marshall. Just like Marshall most of the bikes are cheaply built overpriced junk.

Musicians are mainly dumbass fan boys who buy whatever crap is popular at the time. Right now that means the biggest guitar homos got little Princetons and Deluxes, among other kiddie level practice amps and modeling queer I mean modeling gear like Boss or crap like Quitter solid state amps. Stupidity kills technology. The Twin used to be about the biggest finest Fender amp around and now it commands the least money because soyjack thinks it's too loud for his bitch ears and too heavy for his painted on arms to carry. I'm a little salty this morning.
Yep, Princeton here and also a Deluxe…no Twins for me…had plenty and never kept one of them.
This Princeton does kick ass though.

IMG_0861.jpeg

no Twins for me…had plenty and never kept one of them.
Yes I have a couple now, thank you for a great deal on two beautiful vintage Fenders! My '69 now loaded with Tung Sols has been aboslutely incredible lately. Like a giant tuning fork she sings but she is def loud!

A Princeton would be a nice studio amp, practice amp, or nice amp for those sub jukebox volume level soul sucker dinner gigs. I once walked on a gig because a Princeton was the backline guitar amp provided and I didn't feel like being drowned out by drums for the entire set since apparently they didn't plan to mic it. I see you are not exactly short on better power options compared to the usual low watt TGP soyjack. For kid power levels I gotta nice vintage Gibson-Maestro that sounds amazing until it quits working but is pretty much a studio only rig. Play authentic I guess, lol

Are you Bob?

and
Yeah...I the JVM needs an update BADLY. By now, they are familiar with the common complaints with this amp as well as what people really like about it. Also a quick trip over to the Marshall board and they will see that there are a number of simple and common mods that are popular that could be selectively implemented. Finally, Santiago had mentioned that the global noise gate should have been implemented into the JVM after they developed it for the Kerry King model. This alone would be a huge value-add. Even if the amp was slightly more expensive (it's already a decent value at $1,800), I think that it would sell. I know I would pick one up.
They need to decompress and let it roar like all other tube marshals I’ve had . Including the TSL 100 I have. It ate my jvm alive bad

Yeah all these guys asking for modded Marshalls and there have been tons of them…
Started with 1959’s…lets add some gain and a master volume 2203 lets add more gain and channel switching and fx loop 2210. Lets have a second master for solo boosts. Jcm 900…lets add another gain stage. SLX.
On and on and on.
Problem is, they forgot to turn them on at the factory, before shipping and realize how they actually sounded.

Yes I have a couple now, thank you for a great deal on two beautiful vintage Fenders! My '69 now loaded with Tung Sols has been aboslutely incredible lately. Like a giant tuning fork she sings but she is def loud!

A Princeton would be a nice studio amp, practice amp, or nice amp for those sub jukebox volume level soul sucker dinner gigs. I once walked on a gig because a Princeton was the backline guitar amp provided and I didn't feel like being drowned out by drums for the entire set since apparently they didn't plan to mic it. I see you are not exactly short on better power options compared to the usual low watt TGP soyjack. For kid power levels I gotta nice vintage Gibson-Maestro that sounds amazing until it quits working but is pretty much a studio only rig. Play authentic I guess, lol
I play with a loud drummer, took the Princeton to practice and was shocked I could hear myself with it. It does record really well.
Also have a late 50’s early 60’s Gibson Discoverer. Supposed to be about the same watts. Nowhere near as loud, but some of that could be the speaker inefficiency.

Problem is, they forgot to turn them on at the factory, before shipping and realize how they actually sounded.
I dunno. The 2210’s and Vintage Moderns sound pretty decent. 1959RR has a factory mod and sounds good. 2203’s seem to be liked by alot. 900’s yeah they sucked.
Have heard plenty of “modded” amps that sound like crap.

I play with a loud drummer, took the Princeton to practice and was shocked I could hear myself with it. It does record really well.
Also have a late 50’s early 60’s Gibson Discoverer. Supposed to be about the same watts. Nowhere near as loud, but some of that could be the speaker inefficiency.
The problem isn't so much not being loud enough the problem is one of clean power which I found with a loud drummer can't really be maintained using even a deluxe. As far as little amps I paired a JBL k130 with the Maestro thinking it would be the bees knees and it sounded like utter trash so I put the Weber Michigan 15 back in and it sounded amazing again until it broke again, lol.

On and on and on.
I understand why you are saying this but that’s just good ol’ fashioned innovation, which any sustaining company needs to do.

Plus a few of those amps you mentioned were complete duds including others that were worse such as the 900 dual reverbs off the top of my head. All good. No company out there is batting 1.000.

And what’s wrong with someone, such as myself, liking and agreeing with the idea of releasing a modded or hot rodded series of their amp lineage? There’s most certainly a market for it and if you’re going to rehash shit, might as well update all the circuits for somewhat of a truly new product rather than release ANOTHER re-tolexed anniversary limited edition model.

I can also agree @Panhead5 that Marshall is a benchmark tone, no question. Even if you’re not a fan of playing the amps themselves, I guarantee there is at least 1 guitarist in a band whose tone you love that used or still uses one. If you want to argue that Marshall has earned the right to not innovate, knock yourself out. Lack of innovation is the kiss of death however.

They need to decompress and let it roar like all other tube marshals I’ve had . Including the TSL 100 I have. It ate my jvm alive bad
I agree...A little less compression along with the other common complaints would be welcomed.

Id love a 20w Dual Reverb. Those amps were killer sounding when cranked. Just too loud and sounded like ass at low volume. Lots of killer albums recorded with them in the 90's.

Marshall isn't in the guitar amp business. They haven't been for a long time.
They are in the "life style" business. That is where all the money is made.

A lineup of classic mods is an obvious no brainer. Or even updated versions of their Studio heads, switchable between stock and modded modes (kinda like Boss's Waza pedals)? Since the 20 watters seem to be a huge hit.

For more out of the box stuff, what I'd personally like to see is an FRFR 4x12 cabinet with a built-in load box and IR loader, so any tube head in Marshall's lineup could be run through it at any volume. I think it would go a long way towards making their classic designs (especially the Plexi, natch) accessible to a wider range of consumers.

Back