Mesa/Boogie MarkIIC+ at the time of its release?

Jakem
Jakem
Hi all,

Anyone buy a IIC+ new back in the day? What was the general opinion about this amp at that time when it was available from Mesa? 😎

Didnt even know about them and i was well informed. As far as amps back in the early / mid / late 80's what you saw acts in concert with
- was what you saw and alot of bands hid their backlines.

Didnt even know about them and i was well informed. As far as amps back in the early / mid / late 80's what you saw acts in concert with
- was what you saw and alot of bands hid their backlines.

Interesting! Wondering how much marketing effort did Mesa put on these in guitar magazines?

s-l1200.jpg

Things like this was about it. But a mag ad doesn't animate much like internet.

Attachments

• Mesa-Randall-Rayven-Smith.jpg
    Mesa-Randall-Rayven-Smith.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 54
Piece of shit of course. Pre and post gain EQ's??? what's up with that shit? Too complicated. To be honest I think it was Metallica that first figured out how to get Metal tones out of the amp, because they were usually used by guys like Toto and session musicians.

They were one of the 1st boutique company's out there.. You had an order form where you selected everything from GEQ, Simul Class, Half Power as opposed to a standard model.. And your local Dealer Approved Music Store put in the order..

Brad Giles was the 1st I knew with a 2B. He had that singing, sustaining tine on Speak Of The Devil..

I bought my first c+ and 1x12 extension cab direct from Mesa back in 1984 when I was 18. Now I'm 59 and have 20 of them. I had 22 at one point. Back then I wanted an amp with a clean and overdrive channel and Mesa was the only option. There weren't any dealers back then so I sent them a check and waited. I knew it was something special when I got it. I got lucky that it was a c+. I ordered it in cream because of the ad.
IMG_8907.webp
IMG_8906.jpeg

The only time I saw mesa anything was pictures of Santana plugged into a combo saying “this thing really boogies…”. Then later on the occasional John Sykes or Brad Gillis pics. Maybe Steve lukather a time or two as well. In my area they were nonexistent. Marshall’s were as well. Fender and peavey….occasional crate as well. Hell I had the first vh4 or diezel in this state if that tells you anything. So sad…😢

I bought my first c+ and 1x12 extension cab direct from Mesa back in 1984 when I was 18. Now I'm 59 and have 20 of them. I had 22 at one point. Back then I wanted an amp with a clean and overdrive channel and Mesa was the only option. There weren't any dealers back then so I sent them a check and waited. I knew it was something special when I got it. I got lucky that it was a c+. I ordered it in cream because of the ad.View attachment 352829View attachment 352823
Brother, are you investing in amps? Why so many?

I have 0 for example, you should just give me one of them bad boys 😂

Last edited:
Chicago had a dealer called Make N Music. Drove down there with $800 in hand!! Left with a MKIIC S combo!! Had no idea what it was about just that it blew away my two buddy’s MKIIB’s!!

They were not happy!! 🤣

Last edited:

Back