Mogami vs. Monster Cables.

• Thread starter Thread starter dbsens13
  • Start date Start date
dbsens13
dbsens13
I mean for either instrument cables or speaker cables. Which do you prefer and why? Which is better?

I haven't bought a monster cable in a few years. I was using Planet waves for a bit but as of late strictly Mogami, but for speaker cables I'm not finding anywhere that sells Mogami speaker cables, just monster ones.

Why are the Monster cables bad?

I have had mine for quite some time now, and they have never faulted.

Monsters are a waist of money... Thin & Weak sounding...

ROAD HOGS for a Quarter of the price RULE!

Just Try em'

Roid RAGE

Monster has crap connectors IMO. Ive had cheapo GC cables that metered better than the expensive monsters ive bought and they just dont last for me. Like i said, ive had cheapo gc cables that have out performed and out lasted every monster ive owned.

Also, you should just build your own anyway. Its the best and cheapest option for high quality cables.

This is a cool vid for anyone interested in making their own...

I would like to hear some A/B testing on this...

I don't really know anything about cables, or which sound better or worse... So I am not going to discount there being a noticeable difference. That being said, I have never noticed any significant difference when I have switched.

I love Mogami. Every cable I use is Mogami, including all of the wiring in my rack. The only Mogami cables that have ever let me down are the ones that form the snake that run out to my board, but that's not surprising considering how much abuse they take. Even then, I've had my current "snake" cables for about 3 years now.

kasperjensen":1n5f4d9d said:
I would like to hear some A/B testing on this...

I don't really know anything about cables, or which sound better or worse... So I am not going to discount there being a noticeable difference. That being said, I have never noticed any significant difference when I have switched.

Just go down to a music store and do your own testing. Spent 20-30 minutes at my local mom and pop store a month or so ago comparing Mogami Gold, Mogami Platinum, Planet Waves, and Monster Rock cables. It was pretty clear and easy to discern a difference between each cable. "Best" is a matter of preference, but everyone there could agree on the differences present in each cable.

I have a bunch of them (monster, Mogami, waves) I dont see enough difference to justify the price difference, especially with speaker cables. I wish the hype was true, I've spent quite a bit on that crap :doh:
I've never tried a high-end cable for the first time and thought I got my moneys worth :(

+1 for Monster ProLink. I have them as my speaker cables and my guitar-to-rack cable. Within the rack I have George Ls cut to exact lengths. I've never had a ProLink fail on me but the cheaper Monsters are pieces of junk (the plastic, molded end type). I've never tried anything else because I haven't felt the need to.

Monster Cable's business practices aside, anything Monster has, another company has the same or better for less money.

I use Mogami for most, with some Planet Waves mixed in there.

I like Monster. :dunno: I've never had one break on me, they sound great and they have a lifetime warranty. What's not to like?

I used mogami for the most part but I have this one monster guitar cable that I use all the time for
the last 7 years and it never failed me.

Back