MT100 Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
Looks like it punches above its weight in terms of price point.

Thought Zach made it sound great. Looking forward to these amps

He got killer sounds from all 3 channels, sounds great although I’m not sure I dig the gain once it gets past about 6. I didn’t think Fluff got the most out of the first 2 channels, so it’s cool to hear them shine

My video goes live at 2:45

It's an awesome amp, though I have to confess the 2nd channel has next to no variability with the EQ. Its very boxy and honky overall, so if you like that sort of super round crunch tone, you'll love it, but if you want something flexible for those sounds, you'll have to look elsewhere.

The gain channel sounds pretty much like it does on the MT15, which I think is a good thing. Always liked the voicing of it and how well it takes overdrives, but always wished it had more clarity, and the same goes for the MT100

Untitled design (4).png

My video goes live at 2:45

It's an awesome amp, though I have to confess the 2nd channel has next to no variability with the EQ. Its very boxy and honky overall, so if you like that sort of super round crunch tone, you'll love it, but if you want something flexible for those sounds, you'll have to look elsewhere.

The gain channel sounds pretty much like it does on the MT15, which I think is a good thing. Always liked the voicing of it and how well it takes overdrives, but always wished it had more clarity, and the same goes for the MT100

View attachment 263001
I'd imagine that OD channel is more for leads with that ever present midrange.

I'm shocked to see there's no 4 ohm tap. I thought MT was a Mesa guy? I only play Recto full stacks so that's a bummer.

I'm shocked to see there's no 4 ohm tap. I thought MT was a Mesa guy? I only play Recto full stacks so that's a bummer.
Maybe he has his loaded with 16 ohm Mesa V30s? That or they're 4 ohm speakers; that way you can wire the cab to be 16

Sounds very plastic and two dimensional. I don't care how much low end it has, there's no depth of tone there.

Sounds very plastic and two dimensional. I don't care how much low end it has, there's no depth of tone there.
Who knows what it’s like in person . But this amp is going to be the next 5150 or mark v . It’s going to sell so good everyone will start using them. So that’s why I’ll stay away . Seems like we get an amp like this every 10 years

You can buy a $50 series box from Mesa that'll give you a 16 ohm load from 2 eight ohm cabs.

Who knows what it’s like in person . But this amp is going to be the next 5150 or mark v . It’s going to sell so good everyone will start using them. So that’s why I’ll stay away . Seems like we get an amp like this every 10 years
Since when is a mark v an amp that everyone uses? Lol

Since when is a mark v an amp that everyone uses? Lol
You ever seen how many are always for sale ? It’s like the McDonald’s of amps . Where I live it’s all 5150or mark v over and over . I suspect the mt100 is next amp like that . And then if you look at reverb every day it makes me wonder how many mark vs have been sold . It’s got to a huge number

Back