MT100 Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
What’s everyone’s quality like? My tolex job is okay for a mass produced product but not up to par with Mesa and Friedman.

Looks solid and clean to me. Thick pcb and the power tubes aren’t mounted to the pcb, which is a nice surprise.

Attachments

• IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3129.jpeg
    IMG_3129.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
Same on this end, the tolex isn’t perfect around the edges at the corners like my other amps.

I’m still loving the tones I’m getting out of this thing. It’s very addictive to play and really think this is a great sounding amp.

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
What’s everyone’s quality like? My tolex job is okay for a mass produced product but not up to par with Mesa and Friedman.
Mine also has less than perfect tolex BUT I didn't notice anything until you mentioned it. Then I examined closer. But honestly, nothing that stands out, looks great to me. No rips, smudges, tears etc. Just the not quite perfect corners.
Let's remember your paying 1K less than a Mesa, and almost 2K less than any Friedman.

Same on this end, the tolex isn’t perfect around the edges at the corners like my other amps.

I’m still loving the tones I’m getting out of this thing. It’s very addictive to play and really think this is a great sounding amp.
Agree 10000%. Get the master up to 9am, and stand back. GREAT bloom like any other top shelf amp. Very quiet too, for the amount of gain it has. No high hiss...it does have a lower freq hum, but it doesn't get louder with volume. The clean channel, IF you care about that sounds damn near identical to my 76 Twin.

Mine also has less than perfect tolex BUT I didn't notice anything until you mentioned it. Then I examined closer. But honestly, nothing that stands out, looks great to me. No rips, smudges, tears etc. Just the not quite perfect corners.
Let's remember your paying 1K less than a Mesa, and almost 2K less than any Friedman.
Yeah it’s not damaged or anything. Just looked it over the other day and the corners are just okay and noticed some of the seams on the inside corners are cut but not tucked in super cleanly. Again, I have it sitting next to a Friedman and a Mesa and those are perfect.

But again I agree with you…for the price it’s fine and I’m sure there’s some variation from amp to amp. But the tone is great so it is what it is.

Back