MT100 Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
I’d have to AB, but I’d probably choose that modded 72 50w if had to pick one. My 72 SL100 would I think sound more open, brash and punch harder, but can’t growl or saturate like that even with pedals
Believe it or not, as good as that 72 sounded, mine gets equally as saturated with a distortion pedal...leaving those amps without a MV and running a good pedal in front keeps the headroom huge, as well...MVs will take some of that headroom away.

Believe it or not, as good as that 72 sounded, mine gets equally as saturated with a distortion pedal...leaving those amps without a MV and running a good pedal in front keeps the headroom huge, as well...MVs will take some of that headroom away.
I could get mine as saturated or more with distortion or even some overdrive pedals, but it’s not a good tone imho. Weird voicing clash. Same problem with using pedals with that 67 tremolo 50. The tone of that modded 72 50w is to me a different sound and feel than the NMV Marshall’s I’ve had boosted. The headroom is great no doubt, but the tone hasn’t really been satisfactory to me for that heavier direction. Maybe I’d get better results with the right one, but I haven’t heard it yet

What’s the deal with all the super bright LEDs these days? I do the blue tape thing too. I’ve got blue tape on a bunch of modern-ish stuff.

Still sounds to plastic to me. But Blake said it sounded great so that’s real world experience. It’s probably personal preference…and my old tin ears.
I’m sure they’re handy in a live environment 😂

I’ve got about an hour with it so far. Looking forward to spending more time with it. It’s definitely new and shiny and no matter how many amps I try, I’m self aware enough to know that I’m always suspectible to the honeymoon effect. But man I didn’t want to turn it off last night. The real story comes after a few weeks when you’ve played it day to day and in a few different environments. I’d love to take this to the practice spot and see

I’ve got about an hour with it so far. Looking forward to spending more time with it. It’s definitely new and shiny and no matter how many amps I try, I’m self aware enough to know that I’m always suspectible to the honeymoon effect. But man I didn’t want to turn it off last night. The real story comes after a few weeks when you’ve played it day to day and in a few different environments. I’d love to take this to the practice spot and see
Mine shows up tonight. If it has great feel like you suggest, that's a huge win in my book....most new amps don't have very good feel, vs vintage amps that almost always do. So important for me, with single note lead stuff.

Thank goodness MT looks out for us lil folk and not in it for the cash grab. I'd let him fuck my sister fo sho.

But WHO DA HELL CUT HIS HAIR.
Stevie Wonder? :shocked:

Shit Blake approved and now Racer. Can always send it back right?

I could get mine as saturated or more with distortion or even some overdrive pedals, but it’s not a good tone imho. Weird voicing clash. Same problem with using pedals with that 67 tremolo 50. The tone of that modded 72 50w is to me a different sound and feel than the NMV Marshall’s I’ve had boosted. The headroom is great no doubt, but the tone hasn’t really been satisfactory to me for that heavier direction. Maybe I’d get better results with the right one, but I haven’t heard it yet
I agree about the 67; that one was challenging to find the right pedal to work well. But the 72 doesn't have that problem, IMO. I'll have to bring it next time we do a little fest.

Thank goodness MT looks out for us lil folk and not in it for the cash grab. I'd let him fuck my sister fo sho.

But WHO DA HELL CUT HIS HAIR.
Stevie Wonder? :shocked:

Shit Blake approved and now Racer. Can always send it back right?
Indeed! But, I haven't played it yet.....should be here in a few hrs though. I'll post a NAD thread.

Mine shows up tonight. If it has great feel like you suggest, that's a huge win in my book....most new amps don't have very good feel, vs vintage amps that almost always do. So important for me, with single note lead stuff.
It’ll be interesting to see what you think. Kinda feel like it’s not really up your alley honestly - based on your past clips. Has no Marshall in it. More Uber than anything but with low mids of a recto

I saw your comment on YouTube but which OH Bogner V30 pack or IR do you use? Sounds good.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=446

It’ll be interesting to see what you think. Kinda feel like it’s not really up your alley honestly - based on your past clips. Has no Marshall in it. More Uber than anything but with low mids of a recto
Yep, definitely not my typical thing but I do like the thump and tone of a good F, G or C Recto....Might be nice to have a different flavor amp in the house also.

Compare it with amps in a similar ballpark like your Uber and Recto’s. That prevents honeymoon phases for me. It’s always legit if it sounds really good vs top tier stuff

I agree about the 67; that one was challenging to find the right pedal to work well. But the 72 doesn't have that problem, IMO. I'll have to bring it next time we do a little fest.
Will have to see for yours. I actually had a bit easier of a time boosting that 67, but I’d go back to just having it on its own and find the tone to be better on its own. I love boosting though my Alessandro’s and Capri’s for my NMV amps

So true! Hey do you know where these are manufactured?

What’s the deal with all the super bright LEDs these days? I do the blue tape thing too. I’ve got blue tape on a bunch of modern-ish stuff.

Still sounds to plastic to me. But Blake said it sounded great so that’s real world experience. It’s probably personal preference…and my old tin ears.
Dude, stay away from the silver MXR 10 band EQ. The blue led lights are bright enough to fucking blind you. I had it in a Rack drawer, where you leave it on all the time (switcher) and every time I looked down all I could see was blinding blue and not even the pedals next to it. Took it right out and went back to using my older black version. It was beyond silly.

Dude, stay away from the silver MXR 10 band EQ. The blue led lights are bright enough to fucking blind you. I had it in a Rack drawer, where you leave it on all the time (switcher) and every time I looked down all I could see was blinding blue and not even the pedals next to it. Took it right out and went back to using my older black version. It was beyond silly.
Could have just thrown some painters tape on the led?

Could have just thrown some painters tape on the led?
There is an LED for every slider. If I have to do that, I don’t wanna bother using it. I have another one anyway. I’m just gonna sell the silver one and if I ever need a second one, I’ll find another black one.

Back