MT100 Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
There is an LED for every slider. If I have to do that, I don’t wanna bother using it. I have another one anyway. I’m just gonna sell the silver one and if I ever need a second one, I’ll find another black one.
Ohhhh- didn’t realize that. Man I have one of these coming in the mail as we speak…funny timing

What’s the deal with all the super bright LEDs these days? I do the blue tape thing too. I’ve got blue tape on a bunch of modern-ish stuff.

Still sounds to plastic to me. But Blake said it sounded great so that’s real world experience. It’s probably personal preference…and my old tin ears.
Nah you’re not alone I hear that same plastic thing I’ve heard in recordings and playing in person on any flavor of the EVH big boys.

I also agree it’s just too dark for my tastes. I’ll be honest I think they had to take top end off to make it stable. I think I’d prefer a newer quickrod over one to be honest if we are comparing price for price.

I just expected something more brutal or aggressive. Less G recto influence and more pissed off mark influence or C recto influence and low mids emphasis I guess. The cocked mids thing sounds really off to me since rectos aren’t high mids influenced to begin with. It really is like a Bogner mixed with a Mesa recto mixed with a stock jcm800.

Listening back to various clips I still hear the cocked mids thing on recent clips regardless of how it’s dialed in or recorded. It’s in the amps voicing and nothing that can be dialed out. It’s either you love it or hate it.

Last edited:
Nah you’re not alone I hear that same plastic thing I’ve heard in recordings and playing in person on any flavor of the EVH big boys.

I also agree it’s just too dark for my tastes. I’ll be honest I think they had to take top end off to make it stable. I think I’d prefer a newer quickrod over one to be honest if we are comparing price for price.

I just expected something more brutal or aggressive. Less G recto influence and more pissed off mark influence or C recto influence and low mids emphasis I guess. The cocked mids thing sounds really off to me since rectos aren’t high mids influenced to begin with. It really is like a Bogner mixed with a Mesa recto mixed with a stock jcm800.

Listening back to various clips I still hear the cocked mids thing on recent clips regardless of how it’s dialed in or recorded. It’s in the amps voicing and nothing that can be dialed out. It’s either you love it or hate it.
I don’t hear it but if it’s there it’s far less apparent than an EVH 5150 III.

The 'cocked wah' thing you hear has to be when the demo guy uses the OD channel; that one is so mid heavy, I have it on 0 and it's still middy. The Lead channel is simply an F/G triple orange channel, but tight like it's already been boosted..and it had tight lows no matter where you put the bass knob. I know cocked Wah tone, since that's clearly what Marshall did with the 2205/10 mids..and why Michael Schenker favors those since the cocked wah is his thing. I've had quite a few 2205/10s and currently have an 86 2210. The mids on that are very pronounced, but pleasing to my ears anyway.

Anyone who likes a boosted Recto Orange channel should try one of these. That's exactly what the lead channel is...and, it's closer to an F than a G to me. Very organic/rich sounding like a good F.

It's strange that you would say you'd take a Splawn over this amp, yet you complain about 'cocked wah' mids on this amp....that don't exist in the room anyway on the lead channel.
A Splawn QR is the definition, of cocked wah. 'Weird mids' ..... Lol

Dude, stay away from the silver MXR 10 band EQ. The blue led lights are bright enough to fucking blind you. I had it in a Rack drawer, where you leave it on all the time (switcher) and every time I looked down all I could see was blinding blue and not even the pedals next to it. Took it right out and went back to using my older black version. It was beyond silly.

I agree on the blue lights. I had an old red led 10 band that finally died and grabbed the new silver and those lights are blinding.

Simple fix I did...dark blue nail polish (or any darker color would work). I put two coats over each LED...perfecto. You could use as many coats as you want to tailor the brightness.

Attachments

• 20231117_204625.jpg
    20231117_204625.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
For what it’s worth my mt100 came in and I’m shocked how good it is. Really blown away. Dollar for dollar it’s an amazing amp. I hope the prices come down I’m gonna buy a second. I’m surprised slot of the early videos weren’t that good. I’m usually not impressed with a lot of amps. For anyone thinking about it I’d say give it a shot.

For what it’s worth my mt100 came in and I’m shocked how good it is. Really blown away. Dollar for dollar it’s an amazing amp. I hope the prices come down I’m gonna buy a second. I’m surprised slot of the early videos weren’t that good. I’m usually not impressed with a lot of amps. For anyone thinking about it I’d say give it a shot.
I'm not sure prices will come down. It's probably built to a price point, and we're lucky that came in below $2g. Inflation is still going to be going up, like at least another 5%, in the first quarter of 2024. If anything, it might be like the MT15, where the price will increase over time to keep the same profit margin.

Totally agree wishful thinking lol ;) I’m putting together a live rig and thinking of doing the stereo thing.

Can they be "little people", since we're making requests.
Dwarfs, midgets, whatever folks call them today.
Thanks in advance.
You're lucky munky man didn't ban you for a month for that politically incorrect slam of calling people "FOLKS"

(
shakes head in total disgust)

I just got one…clips don’t do it Justice. I have a room full of other amps and it holds its own. Has a slight hum at higher gain settings, but no more than any of my other amps do. It could just be a matter of trying out a ton of preamp tubes to find a quiet one honestly, as I doubt prs is doing that. Loving the overdrive channel too, and I don’t know why others are making it seem honky in the mids, it sounds good in the room.

I just got one…clips don’t do it Justice. I have a room full of other amps and it holds its own. Has a slight hum at higher gain settings, but no more than any of my other amps do. It could just be a matter of trying out a ton of preamp tubes to find a quiet one honestly, as I doubt prs is doing that. Loving the overdrive channel too, and I don’t know why others are making it seem honky in the mids, it sounds good in the room.
It is a killer amp; in a live setting that OD channel would work fine. It's not anywhere near as mid heavy as a non EQ Mark. But the lead channel, honestly for guys who love a boosted Recto tone with tight huge lows look no further. This thing is very close if not equal to an F Triple boosted; and it's a better/richer/more organic tone vs a G Triple boosted, imo.
Great amp.

It for sure has some recto flavor to the lead channel, not as much sizzle, which is a good thing. I’m going to deem it the Opeth of amps, because that’s what the tones are reminding me of haha, covers a ton of sounds and moods.

Back