MT100 Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
...Apparently except Ground Zero amps. Guys that go to Jeremy's house have said that his amps smoke his Larry.
Isn't that Larry old?? That is not a fair comparison I think. And I know who said that. Reza. He quit waiting for Larry. His words are not trustworthy lol. Of course GZ amps are great though.

I played a MT15 yesterday in anticipation of what this amp might be like. It had really great, tight chunk and clank straight in which I really liked. It also had a nice character to the mids that I bet would cut the mix better than a Recto but not as good as a British amp. The top end however was lacking detail compared to the higher $$ amps I've played. For the price point that didn't seem like a deal breaker though..? Reading a few of the comments it seems like this may be the same situation with the 100.

Can we get a pic of the transformers? They were huge in the prototype pics.
The transformers on this amp are fucking massive. I’ll get you a picture! definitely has a smoother top end, which I could see someone saying it lacks some detail because of that for sure, doesn’t have that rectifier buzzy top end thing going on, however just turn the treble and presence up. It has a lot of gain basically around 10 -11 o’clock on the dial and it’s really ripping. It responds well with boosts as well.

Fucker rips some ditch on the lead channel! I’m in the honeymoon stages right now, but I’ll just say it’s definitely a cool amp. Lead channel is smoother then my other amps on the top end, has more aggressiveness in more of the low mids and has a huge sound that is thick and tight while still giving you great feel. It doesn’t seem to fatigue my ears in the mid range and top end. In my opinion great sounding amp and you should try one definitely different sounding then my other amps which I like. View attachment 264558
Are you going straight in or boosting? Is there enough control on the high gain channel to not need a boost or OD?

Are you going straight in or boosting? Is there enough control on the high gain channel to not need a boost or OD?

I have tried both ways and it does take a boost very well and responds well to different guitars. Some amps you find it’s like it doesn’t give a shit what type of boost or guitar you have it sounds similar.. Yes there is enough control on the lead channel to not need a boost in my opinion however it’s got enough meat there if I a guy turns a boost on, to still not sound thin and has a great feel to it. I hope that makes sense.

I have tried both ways and it does take a boost very well and responds well to different guitars. Some amps you find it’s like it doesn’t give a shit what type of boost or guitar you have it sounds similar.. Yes there is enough control on the lead channel to not need a boost in my opinion however it’s got enough meat there if I a guy turns a boost on, to still not sound thin and has a great feel to it. I hope that makes sense.
Hmm, cool. I don't use an OD to do anything to any of my amps as I prefer getting all the gain from the amp. I know thats just common place now but I want to know the amp doesn't have to rely on anything to tighten or add gain. Thanks.

I'll play one when I see one, but I don't think it sounds that great.
Don't believe it will be the next EVH.
I took a Mark V in trade for an Orange Rockerverb. And then fastly flipped it. Haven't seen many for sell locally in a while.
I get offered mark vs every sale I do . It’s insane . Always with the mark vs lol

So I got one of these today. I am very underwhelmed. The clean channel sounds good but the lead channel just sounds super boxy and hollow to me. It sounded so off from what I was expecting that I was switching out guitars, cables and cabs thinking something else must be messed up. Either a tube issue or a lemon I suppose because if this is what its supposed to sound like...

So I got one of these today. I am very underwhelmed. The clean channel sounds good but the lead channel just sounds super boxy and hollow to me. It sounded so off from what I was expecting that I was switching out guitars, cables and cabs thinking something else must be messed up. Either a tube issue or a lemon I suppose because if this is what its supposed to sound like...
I mean does it sound like the YouTube clips out there?

I dig it.

The video sounds really good for the most part, and I think MT did a solid job creating something that's actually useable for a lot of players.

Played one last night for the first time. Could not stop playing. All controls at noon on lead channel is pretty thick and on the darker end of the spectrum. Dropping gain to 9-10 (there’s a shit ton of gain like an Uber) brings in more high end and clarity. Pump up the treble and bass and kept the mids around 12-1. It’s an impressive high gain hard rock tone. This really isn’t a metal amp IMO. The feel is amazing. I boost pretty much everything these days but surprisingly liked the amp straight in most.

Can definitely hear the Uber influence in the saturation and feel, coupled with the low mids of a recto. The power chord growl is addictive. Looking forward to checking out more

These are definitely not for me. I think for the price these may make a lot of guys happy who like a smooth, compressed “modern” sound and want something a little different from the EVH stuff which will be the main competition.

I thought the MT15 was cool but again definitely not for me. I’ve never been able to gel with an inherently dark amp. I hate when it sounds and feels like someone stuck a low pass filter eq in the loop and nothing you can do will open it up.

Isn't that Larry old?? That is not a fair comparison I think. And I know who said that. Reza. He quit waiting for Larry. His words are not trustworthy lol. Of course GZ amps are great though.
To be fair, I do have a few Cameron and Hermansson amps, which are my all time fave, as far as high gain goes. I also have a few Larry amps.
A really good friend brought in his Ground Zero MOAB, so we could compare it to the amps I have.
The MOAB was really impressive. It had a lot of the punch and modern aggression, like the Hermansson, but with a lot of the bounce and feel from the Cameron. So, while the Hermansson was the tightest and clear of them all, and the Cameron had the best bounce and feel of all of them, the MOAB sat right in between them, with a bit of both worlds.
Now, I've had guests visiting and trying out the amps, and some of them picked a Larry as their favorite. Some picked a Cameron and some a Hermansson. A good friend even picked my Frank Levi #34 over all three above!
Bottom line, I would not trust Reza, even if my life depended on it. But I will tell you, I guarantee, if I had a MOAB here, someone could pick it over the other amps. And I would not be surprised.

To be fair, I do have a few Cameron and Hermansson amps, which are my all time fave, as far as high gain goes. I also have a few Larry amps.
A really good friend brought in his Ground Zero MOAB, so we could compare it to the amps I have.
The MOAB was really impressive. It had a lot of the punch and modern aggression, like the Hermansson, but with a lot of the bounce and feel from the Cameron. So, while the Hermansson was the tightest and clear of them all, and the Cameron had the best bounce and feel of all of them, the MOAB sat right in between them, with a bit of both worlds.
Now, I've had guests visiting and trying out the amps, and some of them picked a Larry as their favorite. Some picked a Cameron and some a Hermansson. A good friend even picked my Frank Levi #34 over all three above!
Bottom line, I would not trust Reza, even if my life depended on it. But I will tell you, I guarantee, if I had a MOAB here, someone could pick it over the other amps. And I would not be surprised.
I also played an 80 JMP 2204 with a MOAB mod. I don't quite feel the same, though. It was ok, nice tight gainy etc like a good modded Marshall should. But, it was very modern and almost 'sterile' sounding...like all the vintage parts were removed and replaced with flat sounding modern ones. Not to criticize those amps at all; it sounded good but all the JMP 2203/4s I've ever tried, had a vintage thing going that sounds killer, whether they were stock or modded. This one didn't have that, it sounded more like a 2203x with a boost....that's certainly not a bad tone but I'd pick a more vintage Marshall over it every time. It just didn't have much character to the tone like I'd expect from a JMP.
Maybe it was one of the rare 'bad' donor amps? In all my years of playing stock/modded Marshalls, the only one that was 'borderline' iffy was a 1986 2203, and I sent it to Nick K for a mod and it came back sounding amazing.

I also played an 80 JMP 2204 with a MOAB mod. I don't quite feel the same, though. It was ok, nice tight gainy etc like a good modded Marshall should. But, it was very modern and almost 'sterile' sounding...like all the vintage parts were removed and replaced with flat sounding modern ones. Not to criticize those amps at all; it sounded good but all the JMP 2203/4s I've ever tried, had a vintage thing going that sounds killer, whether they were stock or modded. This one didn't have that, it sounded more like a 2203x with a boost....that's certainly not a bad tone but I'd pick a more vintage Marshall over it every time. It just didn't have much character to the tone like I'd expect from a JMP.
Maybe it was one of the rare 'bad' donor amps? In all my years of playing stock/modded Marshalls, the only one that was 'borderline' iffy was a 1986 2203, and I sent it to Nick K for a mod and it came back sounding amazing.
That modded 1972 50w SuperLead though may have been my favorite modded Marshall I’ve tried so far. It’s a shame the guy who modded it disappeared. That Nick Mutant modded ‘69 Major PA also was killer. Other than those 2 and my Lang, I’ve preferred just a good stock vintage Marshall boosted with my Klon over the other modded ones I’ve had/played

That modded 1972 50w SuperLead though may have been my favorite modded Marshall I’ve tried so far. It’s a shame the guy who modded it disappeared. That Nick Mutant modded ‘69 Major PA also was killer. Other than those 2 and my Lang, I’ve preferred just a good stock vintage Marshall boosted with my Klon over the other modded ones I’ve had/played
Yes, that 72 was a monster. I still prefer my 72 Trem over everything else I've heard. Got something extremely cool going on, even with just pedals in front.

For tightness Hermansson’s are hard to rival. Even with my Hermansson Rev G Recto set to spongy and tube rectification mode with 6L6’s it’s still tighter than my other amps lol. For punch though the Wizard Hell Razor KT150 I tried the other week I think might be in a league of its own and I brought 2 of my Hermansson’s to compare. Hermansson’s still of course were tighter, faster with sharper attack. For what I interpret as “bounce” I think my OG Uber has the most of that I’ve tried so far, but feel-wise the Hermanssons’s and IIC+ are my favorites

Played one last night for the first time. Could not stop playing. All controls at noon on lead channel is pretty thick and on the darker end of the spectrum. Dropping gain to 9-10 (there’s a shit ton of gain like an Uber) brings in more high end and clarity. Pump up the treble and bass and kept the mids around 12-1. It’s an impressive high gain hard rock tone. This really isn’t a metal amp IMO. The feel is amazing. I boost pretty much everything these days but surprisingly liked the amp straight in most.

Can definitely hear the Uber influence in the saturation and feel, coupled with the low mids of a recto. The power chord growl is addictive. Looking forward to checking out more
Hmm…

What’s the deal with all the super bright LEDs these days? I do the blue tape thing too. I’ve got blue tape on a bunch of modern-ish stuff.

Still sounds to plastic to me. But Blake said it sounded great so that’s real world experience. It’s probably personal preference…and my old tin ears.

Yes, that 72 was a monster. I still prefer my 72 Trem over everything else I've heard. Got something extremely cool going on, even with just pedals in front.
I’d have to AB, but I’d probably choose that modded 72 50w if had to pick one. My 72 SL100 would I think sound more open, brash and punch harder, but can’t growl or saturate like that even with pedals

Back