MT100 Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
the Overdrive channel sounds like garbage IMO, the higher gain channel doesn't sound bad, but not overwhelmed especially with it taking 5 years to "design."
Credit Mark though, he basically said that channel isn't going to sell the amp. I think this is a pure case of a guy who got exactly what he wanted in a signature amp and either people are gonna dig it or not.

And I agree with @Chronic Narnia, should have been name something else. The layout should be clean, crunch, overdrive. 'Cause alot of people are gonna play the OD channel and go wtf and write it off immediately.

And of course we see it already happening here, people judging on clips instead of for themselves.

… All the previous Marks sound markedly better, according to the great majority.
Are were talking high gain only? I find the Mark Five significantly better than the Mark III. Better cleans, better gain, better versatility, way better reverb. Subjectivity aside, it’s verifiably less noisy.

Back to the MT100, yeah, the gain channels sound pretty lame.

the Overdrive channel sounds like garbage IMO, the higher gain channel doesn't sound bad, but not overwhelmed especially with it taking 5 years to "design."
I'm not overwhelmed by any of it, honestly. Even though I said the OD channel said it had a bit of Bogner Blue flavor to it, based on these clips, my 50 watt XTC wipes the floor with it.

The reason you get offered a Mk V in trade is, they just aren't that great. Every Mark fan that I know that has had one, either returned it quick or dumped it fast in the classifieds.
That's pretty much it, in the 12 yrs I've been here. Whenever I've had something for sale, almost every time someone wanted to trade me a Mk V too...so you're not alone.
I left out that I feel this amp at this price will be that way . Even if it’s good if everyone starts using it that turns me off .
Are were talking high gain only? I find the Mark Five significantly better than the Mark III. Better cleans, better gain, better versatility, way better reverb. Subjectivity aside, it’s verifiably less noisy.

I like mark III best . Especially the highs other hate I love . I sold all the marks I had and kept one mark 3 . I even liked it better than 2c+ . Goes to show we all are different. I think mark v can be turned into a good tone though just not the best . Honestly all these modern amps can sound good with the right players tweaking them

I'll play one when I see one, but I don't think it sounds that great.
Don't believe it will be the next EVH.
I took a Mark V in trade for an Orange Rockerverb. And then fastly flipped it. Haven't seen many for sell locally in a while.

+1

A 3rd power kitchen sink shits all over it top to bottom.

I bought a 3rd Power Kitchen Sink combo back in mid-2018 and received it in March 2019. It has been my main amp ever since. Absolutely love it!!

Well, in a general sense on this forum the Mark V isn't thought of that highly. Now, the MV 25 is pretty well thought of. Of course, there are exceptions but I'd easily bet on the majority of Mark V users/former users didn't care for it too much.
I personally don't care for the Mark IIIs or Vs. 2s, 4s are fantastic.

Well, in a general sense on this forum the Mark V isn't thought of that highly. Now, the MV 25 is pretty well thought of. Of course, there are exceptions but I'd easily bet on the majority of Mark V users/former users didn't care for it too much.
I think the Five 35 specifically is tonally my favorite of all the modern Marks. Only thing it's missing is some horsepower. If it had a slave out so it could be run with a Strategy it'd be a no-brainer.

I listened to the vid in the OP. The whole thing sounded like a Diezel to me. Even the Dumble channel sounded like the CH4 channel 2 to me. But maybe I just have bad ears.

I think we all have to remember, this is a 3 channel modern rock/metal amp for UNDER 2K. For that price, I'm not expecting it to be the equal or better than a 90s Uber, or F triple, or whatever....
But I hear some decent modern tones in it....when one of us gets our hands on it, we can give it a thorough going over...checking bias(many new amps come severely under biased), rolling tubes etc...hopefully it impresses enough in the room.
The clips I hear sound better than my experiences with both 100w EVH Stealths, and that is another 700 bucks....

I have the Mark Five:35. I didn’t realize the biggun wasn’t so well liked. I recant my objection. 😄

I think the Five 35 specifically is tonally my favorite of all the modern Marks. Only thing it's missing is some horsepower. If it had a slave out so it could be run with a Strategy it'd be a no-brainer.
That’s the one I have.
I like it best with my Axiom PAE-1 Power Amp Emulator in the loop set to a saggy Marshall-ish power amp. It really livens it up.

The exact same pattern happens every time a big amp is released

Phase 1: Rumors/Rumblings. Excitement and positivity

Phase 2: Amp is announced. More excitement and happiness.

Phase 3: The first demos are released. Lots of negativity and “my xxx stomps on that thing”

Phase 4: A couple months go by and as more and more people get their hands on it, the negativity turns to “this is actually a killer amp”

I have the Mark Five:35. I didn’t realize the biggun wasn’t so well liked. I recant my objection. 😄
I'm sure there are some guys here who like theirs..but it seems that whenever I or others sell something, we get a trade offer that most of the time includes a Mk V. But the smaller ones are better according to guys who've had both.

I'm sure there are some guys here who like theirs..but it seems that whenever I or others sell something, we get a trade offer that most of the time includes a Mk V. But the smaller ones are better according to guys who've had both.
I recently sold my MK V 90 after having it for 14 years, since new. Great amp, would own one again. Life is short. I want to try more stuff. I don’t think the MT100 will be in that journey though…😉
MKV 90 has been made for a very long time. There’s a lot of them out there. In the 90’s you could swing a dead cat and hit someone offloading an 800. Sure didn’t mean they weren’t great.

I recently sold my MK V 90 after having it for 14 years, since new. Great amp, would own one again. Life is short. I want to try more stuff. I don’t think the MT100 will be in that journey though…😉
MKV 90 has been made for a very long time. There’s a lot of them out there. In the 90’s you could swing a dead cat and hit someone offloading an 800. Sure didn’t mean they weren’t great.
As your attorney I'd advise you to get a Mark VII.

I listened to the vid in the OP. The whole thing sounded like a Diezel to me. Even the Dumble channel sounded like the CH4 channel 2 to me. But maybe I just have bad ears.
I actually got a bit of a Diezel vibe here ant there as well. As we know Tremonti is a Diezel fan along with his Uber and Recto love.

Back