MXR sig RR Polkadot Disto +?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kapo_Polenton
  • Start date Start date
Thanks a lot, folks! Saw cobrahead’s pic of the pedal case and ordered one immediately from Thomann. They will be getting them in stock in 4-5 weeks…

I get mine today or tomorrow! I'm super excited, as for the people that have actually tried it, they all have nothing but good things to say...

(Waits for someone to come along and claim they own it and it's horrible lol)

I get mine today or tomorrow! I'm super excited, as for the people that have actually tried it, they all have nothing but good things to say...

(Waits for someone to come along and claim they own it and it's horrible lol)
Did You get the pedal already? 😊

I haven't heard anything from the distributor I bought from.. assuming special order so they put out the order and whoever gets it, ships it direct to me. I'm in Canada though..

I haven't heard anything from the distributor I bought from.. assuming special order so they put out the order and whoever gets it, ships it direct to me. I'm in Canada though..
Living in Canada might make a difference and slow it down a bit, that makes sense.

I didn't buy it so I'm assuming I was last in line out of the streamer gift bags (I'm a nobody on YouTube. They just liked my videos and reposted them so assuming they just kept an eye on me). There are people who bought it that have recieved it quicker than me though so it's not like it's unfair.

BTW, what was the price in US and CAN? In Europe it seems to be 229€ in most places.

shit .... I'll build you guys one for 100 ..... polka dots and all ......
How much and what mid-freqs? I'd be interested to see how much closer you can get to his tone.

He'll, I should send you mine for reference and then you can clone it with your personal take for whoeever wants one?

Let’s hope nobody stole it! 🤣
That thought crossed my mind. Maybe it was thegame.

I'm not sure what exactly happened but I just got the package, it looks like it was punted across a football field but it's here 😅

Yay

Attachments

• 20240824_134536.jpg
    20240824_134536.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240824_134423.jpg
    20240824_134423.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240824_134430.jpg
    20240824_134430.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
It's not the same circuit. The EQ is way different, gain has bigger range, slightly different in the style of that as well. People know that, because it's been shown.

Besides, you get a booklet, a limited edition boxing, serial number card and best of all, they're selling like hotcakes, used for $600, new for $650 on Reverb. So yeah, for $169 I'd say it was a good investment, regardless of what trolls here feel the need to bash what they know nothing about, but hey it's Rig-Talk. Nobody takes this forum too seriously due to all the hate and whining.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824-144516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824-144516_Chrome.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 11
It's not the same circuit. The EQ is way different, gain has bigger range, slightly different in the style of that as well. People know that, because it's been shown.

Besides, you get a booklet, a limited edition boxing, serial number card and best of all, they're selling like hotcakes, used for $600, new for $650 on Reverb. So yeah, for $169 I'd say it was a good investment, regardless of what trolls here feel the need to bash what they know nothing about, but hey it's Rig-Talk. Nobody takes this forum too seriously due to all the hate and whining.
Well with the whoever has control of RR's estate ( assuming his brother and sister ) they don't let anything get endorsed ..... matter of fact this is the first product other than the Marshall Head I've seen ..... I can definitely see the " collection " factor of the pedal .

As far as the circuit itself .... I mentioned earlier in this thread .... when this thread first popped up I breadboarded up the original circuit .... did a bunch of research .... and modded the hell out of it .... with what was thought to be Randy's mods .... and any other popular mod that has been done to it .... it just didn't do anything I liked enough to do a run of them .....

I am curious to know what's inside ...... anyone care to show me a gut shot of theirs ??? Is it all SMD ???

If you guys really want a Rig Talk version of the pedal ..... I'll do one but white with black polka dots ....

How can they be selling at 600$ already? What would have happened to my order then I wonder.. let's see if it ever ships.

Well with the whoever has control of RR's estate ( assuming his brother and sister ) they don't let anything get endorsed ..... matter of fact this is the first product other than the Marshall Head I've seen ..... I can definitely see the " collection " factor of the pedal .

As far as the circuit itself .... I mentioned earlier in this thread .... when this thread first popped up I breadboarded up the original circuit .... did a bunch of research .... and modded the hell out of it .... with what was thought to be Randy's mods .... and any other popular mod that has been done to it .... it just didn't do anything I liked enough to do a run of them .....

I am curious to know what's inside ...... anyone care to show me a gut shot of theirs ??? Is it all SMD ???

If you guys really want a Rig Talk version of the pedal ..... I'll do one but white with black polka dots ....
So what were thr supposed mods Randy did to his pedal? Doesn't seem like there is a hell of a lot to mod.

Back