MXR Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
Love me some MXR but isn't this one a DOD 250 w/a different paint job ?

How many DOD250 clones does he need to release?
Well, being the Fender version of this pedal is long discontinued, I guess MXR picked up the ball.
I wouldn't put much stock into either of these videos as to how the pedal sounds. Neither know what they're doing.

Well, being the Fender version of this pedal is long discontinued, I guess MXR picked up the ball.
I wouldn't put much stock into either of these videos as to how the pedal sounds. Neither know what they're doing.

I remember the Fender dealer here is also a DOD dealer

So I got to try the sparkly DOD 250 reissue and then the Fender YJM...

Yeah the 250 sounded better lmao

On his board. Sweetwater has the pedal in yellow as well.

1725372082342.jpeg

Nice! Tried ordering the yellow ltd edition one from Sweetwater but they do not sell to Europe. Will order one as soon as they’re available in Europe…

Are they going to be limited edition so nobody can get these either?? I think this is the ugliest looking of all his OD's so far but i might pick one up for fun. The DOD YJM grey box was cool. I have one with upgraded board and it sounds amazing. I will never sell that one. But this is such a simple circuit. Hard to really go wrong with single coils, cranked, and into a Marshall.

The demos were horrible. I love the DOD YJM308 and Fender YJM OD thru my Marshalls with the Fender YJM Strat! 😍
I might get a yellow one just to see how it bids. Bare in mind, I really run clean tube amps and overdrives come from pedals.

Are they going to be limited edition so nobody can get these either?? I think this is the ugliest looking of all his OD's so far but i might pick one up for fun. The DOD YJM grey box was cool. I have one with upgraded board and it sounds amazing. I will never sell that one. But this is such a simple circuit. Hard to really go wrong with single coils, cranked, and into a Marshall.
I don't think you have anything to worry about, not a limited run but do agree, wish they were better looking units. Pretty classic looking but boring at the same time

the fender its not a 250 clone or variation, it actually have an extra gain stage, this new mxr sounds similar to the fender(from the demos) with a little less hi end, the fender is brighter than the yjm308 and cut more bass

You should have to do a yingwee spin kick to even turn this thing on

Back