My hang up...

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
B
Bob Savage
I'm not sure why I need 24 frets, but I do. It's a shame too because there's an S series 7 string for sale locally that looks very nice, but getting over the 22 fret thing is a problem.

Thanks for listening.

<burp>

I prefer 24, especially on Superstrat designs.

On Strats or Teles the 22 frets don't bother me as much.

For a 7 string it just seems to make sense to have 24 frets for some reason.

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I don't like 24 frets, but actually prefer 21. 22 is ok, but 21 is much better.

I've got a similar hang-up, just opposite... I think having a 24th fret could come in handy, but I don't like the neck PU being not being in the usual spot.

Since I play LP's, I am used to 22. I had a Double Cut LPS that had 24 frets and I hated the neck pickup sound, it was just in the wrong spot.

27 frets FTW. :D

P1210013.jpg

For some reason, I have always wanted a guitar with 24 frets, but never got around to owning one. To top it off, I dig Gibsons, which are shorter scale to begin with, and Vs and Paul only have 22 frets.

I developed my preference for the Gibby's before I knew what scale length was...

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":6c2f9 said:
I don't think I've heard any of your clips go above the 12th
:roll: :lol:

:x :x :x

I posted a lead clip once that went up to the 26th fret! :D

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":3d74a said:
I don't think I've heard any of your clips go above the 12th
:roll: :lol:

He has some mad skillz if he can play up there other than whole notes, it is freaking tight.

For 24 frets is has to 25.5 for any space I can get, played my GMW last night with 22 frets and man it felt good.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":40394 said:
Cool have 24 frets on my Jems. it puts the neck pu out of place though.
Definitely not a nessessity with me.
21, 22, 24 whatever :mrgreen:

I'm very tempted to make an offer on this guitar, despite it not having 24 frets. I mean, I'm VERY close to just saying screw it and going for it.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":f9b50 said:
>|<>QBB<

He has some mad skillz if he can play up there other than whole notes, it is freaking tight.

For 24 frets is has to 25.5 for any space I can get, played my GMW last night with 22 frets and man it felt good.

I don't have "mad skillz" but it isn't really that tough at all to play the 25-27th frets, the upper fret access is great.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":1b520 said:
>|<>QBB<

:x :x :x

I posted a lead clip once that went up to the 26th fret! :D

Yeah but if your guitar is tuned to B then that would translate to a lower position playable on a 22 fret guitar in standard E tuning

:P :rollsmile:

>|<>QBB<
argonaut4":ddc85 said:
I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I don't like 24 frets, but actually prefer 21. 22 is ok, but 21 is much better.

I'm the same - I want strats to have 21. Olskool.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":4bc5c said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't have "mad skillz" but it isn't really that tough at all to play the 25-27th frets, the upper fret access is great.

For what I would want to do way up there it would take some skills :wink:

Yeah, anyone could play whole notes and such, I would just grab a whole step bend to get there.

I just sent an e-mail asking if she'll come down on the price.

What do you guys think this is worth?

i-1.jpg

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":9b9d5 said:
I just sent an e-mail asking if she'll come down on the price.

What do you guys think this is worth?

i-1.jpg

Well last year it would have been worth more but now Ibanez has a S series again.

$350-400 if minty fresh

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":b70c9 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah but if your guitar is tuned to B then that would translate to a lower position playable on a 22 fret guitar in standard E tuning

:P :rollsmile:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you can tune the guitar to whatever you want silly...I just like B. :D

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":fc131 said:
>|<>QBB<

Well last year it would have been worth more but now Ibanez has a S series again.

$350-400 if minty fresh

Wow, even with the flamed top, eh? I wasn't going to pay more than $400 (she's asking $500), but maybe I won't go to $400. :?

Back