My hang up...

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":77226 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah but if your guitar is tuned to B then that would translate to a lower position playable on a 22 fret guitar in standard E tuning

:P :rollsmile:
That would be 22 frets actually.
But the trade off of having a guitar with 27 frets where the highest note is a D and has no neck pick-up makes no sense to be.
It Like the access to the 15th to 20th fret area beter on 24 neck guitars. But really don't like the neck pick-up in the wrong position, but will live with it at times.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":53d6e said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't have "mad skillz" but it isn't really that tough at all to play the 25-27th frets, the upper fret access is great.
I'm thinking he's talking about 16th note triplets at 100 bpm type stuff.

Personally I really like having the neck pickup under the harmonic, so 22 is normally what I go with.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":8490d said:
27 frets FTW. :D

P1210013.jpg
Dick measuring time? :)
For that one could get any Ibanez 7 string that has two more notes than that. Or their 8 string that has7 more notes, or my 8 that has 9 more notes on it. :)

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":5c863 said:
>|<>QBB<

Wow, even with the flamed top, eh? I wasn't going to pay more than $400 (she's asking $500), but maybe I won't go to $400. :?

I could be wrong, I do know that last year one of those showed up on Chris guitars.......I believe it was over $500.

I know that 7620 stuff MIJ with real dimarzios go for under $500 in very good condition. The S was discontinued so prices were up.

Who knows :?

i can honestly say the amount of frets has never been something i have thought about but i have always had 22 fret guitars. a subconcious conspiracy, i wonder?

Hell even 24 frets would weird me out let alone 27!!! Im too used to 21/22. :lol:

bob, those usually go for around $600 on e bay

for $400 i'd be all over it

hell if you don't like it, i may buy it from you and you could still make a few bucks

hell, even the non-flame one sells for over $400

http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-7-STRING-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-7420S-7420-7620-RG_W0QQitemZ270077674558

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":7f3e3 said:
bob, those usually go for around $600 on e bay

for $400 i'd be all over it

hell if you don't like it, i may buy it from you and you could still make a few bucks

So you're saying Scott doesn't know what the heck he's talking about, right? :D

Thanks for the info dude. It sounds like even at $500 I wouldn't lose money if I didn't like it?

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":ce507 said:
>|<>QBB<

So you're saying Scott doesn't know what the heck he's talking about, right? :D

Thanks for the info dude. It sounds like even at $500 I wouldn't lose money if I didn't like it?

it depends i guess

a while back you could get those on e bay for around the $400 mark, but prices have been going up (i wish i would've bought one back then) i've seen them in really good condition go near the $700 mark

but with ibanez having a new production S 7 string out, that may drive e bay prices down a bit

i've looked at them, but there's a chance scott watches them closer than i do

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":5b50c said:
>|<>QBB<

it depends i guess

a while back you could get those on e bay for around the $400 mark, but prices have been going up (i wish i would've bought one back then) i've seen them in really good condition go near the $700 mark

but with ibanez having a new production S 7 string out, that may drive e bay prices down a bit

i've looked at them, but there's a chance scott watches them closer than i do

Naaaaaaaa....I think you are right. I have not really tracked the S bodies due to not really bounding with them. I do recall that they were holding some value due to them not being in production and there are more RG bodied 7s out there.

I concede to your Ebay knowledge :oops:

someone on HCAF bought one just like that recently, i wish i could remember who...i'd just ask what he paid

Sometimes I need 24 frets, even though I play in D a lot and I have the high E tuned to E. Both of my guitars are 22 frets, and so I start doing weird pitch shifting things that are totally impractical and sound weird. :retard:

Dude, I bought one exactly like that last fall for $550 shipped with case on Ebay. They are fuckin' sweet guitars. I loved it so much I ended up sell my EB/MM JP7! Buy it!

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":551ec said:
I'm not sure why I need 24 frets, but I do. It's a shame too because there's an S series 7 string for sale locally that looks very nice, but getting over the 22 fret thing is a problem.

Thanks for listening.

<burp>
I was just looking at the new S series 7 string and I was thinking the same thing. I gots to have my 24 frets.

I also require 24 frets for my main guitars. Also, that S is at least worth $500.... Keep in mind the trem is a POS.

i can play pretty much everything i need two on 22 frets, but i still like to have 24

Don't be tempted Bob. You probably like more quality in your guitars than the S series can give you IMHO

Back