My hang up...

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
philb":b0aa3 said:
Don't be tempted Bob. You probably like more quality in your guitars than the S series can give you IMHO

I'm still feeling tempted to offer $400, but I'm starting to lean more towards not. The seller hasn't even replied to my e-mail anyway, but I'm guessing she's probably waiting for somebody willing to pay $500. Maybe I'll tell her $375 or I'm not buying... or I just won't buy. I'm getting impatient though, I WANT A FREAKING 7 STRING!

Just remember, it's a Korean made guitar and the quality might not be too wonderful. You'll never see any more Japanese made S series anymore either, since they've all moved to Korea...even the Prestige series.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":db7df said:
Just remember, it's a Korean made guitar and the quality might not be too wonderful. You'll never see any more Japanese made S series anymore either, since they've all moved to Korea...even the Prestige series.

I don't understand a Korean Prestige :?

They should produce their higher end models in Japan IMO.......

I agree. Korean Prestige guitars don't make sense to me. Ibanez doesn't seem to really care about the S series anymore though. The only thing they got left going for them is the ZR trem.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":6107b said:

:o

Hmmm, maybe I need to hold out for a 7620. Ugh...

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":78d26 said:

Laugh as you may, but I was looking at them today on ebay... the headstock is a show stopper for me though. It's too much like an elf shoe. That's aside from being too expensive.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":8fde9 said:
>|<>QBB<

Laugh as you may, but I was looking at them today on ebay... the headstock is a show stopper for me though. It's too much like an elf shoe. That's aside from being too expensive.
They may be great guitars...

Definitely can't get past the headstock.

I'm the opposite as well. I like 21 frets on a strat and 22 on anything else.

Tyler

Number of frets, number of shmets. If the guitar rules, it just does.

I used to be into 24 fret guitars. Until I played a few 22 fretters... The neck pickup sold me on 22 frets. Sounds way better to me.

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":7804d said:
I used to be into 24 fret guitars. Until I played a few 22 fretters... The neck pickup sold me on 22 frets. Sounds way better to me.

Stop trying to confuse me.

dude that looks like an old saber ala frank gambale 1987ish
if so do not get it! the body is so thin that you lose tons of tone...my roomate had one in college and it was a potato chip tone. plays comfortably and thin fast neck but tone = ZERO

he would plug in his iceman back to back and it was like paper airplane versus trans atlantic 767

Back